Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This is good for McCain because if he'd have won, she'd have Spirew Agnew written all over her
If they had won, she wouldn't be quitting. I think you have missed the point. You're not "getting it". Did you listen to her speech? Don't think so. She isn't "going away". That isn't her nature. This woman is a fireball, and a fighter, and we have not heard the last from her.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
What are you talking about? Last October, she was found guilty of abusing her power as Governor. A bipartisan investigation panel found Palin to be "in violation of a state ethics law prohibiting public officials from using their office for personal gain." Troopergate ring any bells?

BBC NEWS | Americas | Palin abused power, probe finds
That was "trumped up" and it was later tossed out. But of course, you wouldn't mention that part, and neither did the so-called "mainstream" press.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That figures. I listened to her speech yesterday; all of it. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a woman of strong moral conviction, integrity, and a deep love for not only Alaska, but our country.

She said she was being forced to spend too much time defending against these frivolous "ethics" charges, and that she didn't feel that it was fair to Alaskan's. She also said she felt the need to go in a different direction, and that she didn't feel it was right to pursue these other things while sitting in the Governors office. She did not allude to any presidential aspirations, but she did talk about the need to fight for our country, our freedom, and for responsible government.

Personally, I got the strong message that she sees herself in a different roll for our country at this point in time, and that removing herself from the Governors office was the right thing to do.

Palin has always been able to draw huge crowds. Amierica (if not the liberals) loves her, and she is able to raise millions.

I suspect that she may be getting more offers to speak. She has a lot of debt piled up (thanks to the Democrat smear machine and their constant harrasment of her with frivolous lawsuits). Speaking engagements is one way she could pay off her debt very quickly.

She also mentioned that if she remained in the Governors office, she knew that the harrasment and lawsuits would continue, as they don't cost these people anything; but they do cost Alaska, and they cost her.

It's a shame that our country has come to this; but I belive Sarah Palin has something bigger in mind, and I'm glad that she will be working for all of us now, not just Alaska.

Palins entire speech was given without teleprompter, and except for a few notes that she glanced at from time to time, I think it was largely unprepared. She is an excellent speaker.

Go Sarah! I think good things are coming from her direction.
OMG. She abandons her state and you call her a woman of "conviction" and "deep love." Wow. Talk about willful blindness. The woman is a sham and a liar. Far, far from some kind of "victim." She is a woman who ramps up fear and hatred (check out "The Palin Mob" on youtube, to remind yourself), whose sole reason for living is to divide this nation and catapult herself to ultimate power in the process.

But she sashays into the room and winks, and some of you guys just fall right into line. Amazing.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times
Quote:
If they had won, she wouldn't be quitting. I think you have missed the point. You're not "getting it". Did you listen to her speech? Don't think so. She isn't "going away". That isn't her nature. This woman is a fireball, and a fighter, and we have not heard the last from her.
A "fireball"??? Oooh. How sexy.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM

Yeah, just look at those links. "Think Progress"!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
She isn't "going away"...and we have not heard the last from her.
Would she wink at the camera during her perp walk?

Just asking a theoretical question here.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Actually a spokesperson for a Governor trying to explain a political decision with a ridiculous basketball analogy looked like an idiot. It was spin and Cooper wasn't feeling it. She was in New York and had no answer so out popped more nonsense..Also, a point guard wouldn't QUIT on his team at halftime because of a tough first half or the coach and/or fans yelling at him. Only a coward-QUITTER would do so.
Obvioiusly, you didn't listen to her speech. If you did, you didn't hear it.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Next thing you know some Fox drone will come in complaining about cnn's credibility, Lol
Oh, is CNN credble??? (didn't want to disappoint you).

Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Yeah, just look at those links. "Think Progress"!
Think facts. Do you "think" they're making up the reports?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:20 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Oh, is CNN credble??? (didn't want to disappoint you).
No more or less than any of the other cable news hacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies