Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Anyone have an idea of what she is accused of doing?
They are looking at whether the contractor who built the $12M Wasilla sports complex also built Palin's house for free as quid pro quo for the sports complex contract. In a nutshell anyway.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Anyone have an idea of what she is accused of doing?
I just got told that there are lots of other sources than just HuffPo but didn't get any links to all of them. It seems that if one wants to know you must look somewhere other than HuffPo but who knows where?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I think some people were speculating that it was embezzlement.
Speculation? I have seen all kinds of that stuff here but so little in the way of provable facts. Of course, we all know that if people see the "facts" enough times they become fact. Kind of like hearing all the facts from "hating" Alaskans, and there are some of them here.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Lightbulb ***~***

As a Democrat, I can't thank her enough for wasting so much of the GOP's time and money.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm still waiting to see something on this not originating for the left wing of the blogosphere but anyone hoping to see Palin running for president in 2012 is definitely hoping none of this even smacks of the truth.
Yeah, the Cleveland Examiner is part of a left wing blogosphere cabal. Not.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.
If she were fiscally responsible to the citizenry of Alaska, she wouldn't have tried to rob them of funds by taking her family on trips that were not authorized (and billed the state); she wouldn't have billed the state for trips home.
Her comments have nothing to do with reality.
Republicans know that tactic; they use it regularly.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
They are looking at whether the contractor who built the $12M Wasilla sports complex also built Palin's house for free as quid pro quo for the sports complex contract. In a nutshell anyway.
If its proven true she should have to pay the contractor and face charges.

But really - is anyone surprised? I wish that yearly audits were a requirement for all politicians from the state to the federal level with no exceptions. I bet this is not the first time something like this has happened.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
She's a quitter, how can you legitimately run a national campaign when you left your Governorship mid-term without an adequate explanation of any kind....That press conference was just as rough if not more so than Sanford's....Who in the hell are managing communications for them???? Yikes...

Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Speculation? I have seen all kinds of that stuff here but so little in the way of provable facts. Of course, we all know that if people see the "facts" enough times they become fact. Kind of like hearing all the facts from "hating" Alaskans, and there are some of them here.
I am wondering where you got your erroneous information concerning the Alaska state legislature.

If there is an indictment coming, the charges are yet to be filed. If they are filed, perhaps you'll see some provable facts.

Perhaps if you knew something about our state you would understand the disillusionment with the governor among the people who put her in office.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Another expert on Alaska who has probably never even been here.

26th AK Legislature House Majority
Hey thanks for the educational bit of information. I had to do some looking to find the makeup of the membership but I wanted to know so badly that I looked until I found it. Now 26 to 14 is almost as big as the Senate in Washington. Is that the reason that none of the minority have offices in the committees like they do in Washington. I mean, most places I know of use minority members as the second in command but some of those committees in that legislature have chairmen and cochairmen from the majority party. Hey, that is ok because there is little need for minority people to attend meetings in our national government since they are totally ignored as it appears is the case in Alaska.

Again, thank you, for the edification. I will try to put it to good use and not make such statements again. I am sure that many more here who aren't from Alaska are glad to be helped out also.

Have you noticed that I have admitted to being proven wrong? No I have never been to Alaska and don't really care about that. Sorry, but I am kind of like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies