Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:27 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm still waiting to see something on this not originating for the left wing of the blogosphere but anyone hoping to see Palin running for president in 2012 is definitely hoping none of this even smacks of the truth.

From what I've read today, there is no possibility of Palin ever running for President or anything else. Not even Wasilla dogcatcher.
She's imploded; she's committed political suicide.
She is abandoning her post, and gave a ranting, incoherent explanation that mainly consisted of blatant lies ("I'm $500,000 in debt trying to defend myself from frivolous ethics violations that boil down to being photographed holding a fish, and wearing a jacket with a logo on it,") and puerile sniveling ("The depraved Left made fun of Trig in a cartoon on a blog last week; if only people could ever, ever understand that we could all learn so much from someone like Trig,").

The Right, with the exception of the hardcore fundamentalist extremists, have washed their hands of the whining, unstable, attention-mongering Palin.

Oh well; I hear the Wasilla Walmart is hiring.
Maybe they'd even hire her as assistant manager, considering her age and experience.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:41 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
From what I've read today, there is no possibility of Palin ever running for President or anything else. Not even Wasilla dogcatcher.
She's imploded; she's committed political suicide.
She is abandoning her post, and gave a ranting, incoherent explanation that mainly consisted of blatant lies ("I'm $500,000 in debt trying to defend myself from frivolous ethics violations that boil down to being photographed holding a fish, and wearing a jacket with a logo on it,") and puerile sniveling ("The depraved Left made fun of Trig in a cartoon on a blog last week; if only people could ever, ever understand that we could all learn so much from someone like Trig,").

The Right, with the exception of the hardcore fundamentalist extremists, have washed their hands of the whining, unstable, attention-mongering Palin.

Oh well; I hear the Wasilla Walmart is hiring.
Maybe they'd even hire her as assistant manager, considering her age and experience.
She's a natural for the stiletto heels department.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
She's obviously quitting to prep for her presidential campaign. You can't run for president and give an honest day's work to your job as governor. This is exactly what ROnald Reagan did. He quit in 76 as governor of California and was elected in 1980.

If I was Obama I'd be shaking in my boots. It is going to be a landslide
If he shakes in his boots it will be because he's laughing so hard he pees down his leg.

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
Schwarzenegger brings name recognition. But that's about it.

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
someone suggested she star in commercials for LensCrafters - great idea!!! win-win for everyone. she could do that during this interim time, then move on to her talk show or whatever.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:03 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Anyone else notice how her whole speech was peppered with the royal We? Queen Sarah? Not once did she say "I" decided - it was all "we" this and that.

Does she suffer from split personality syndrome? Or thinks she is the queen?

Maybe she has a tapeworm.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:08 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm laughing ... just heard the Queen of the Tinfoil Crown Society equate her quitting to dribbling through a full court press ... wow ... rule number one for full court presses ... NEVER EVER DRIBBLE! You pass through a press ... if done well, the offense gets an easy shot because passing is quicker than dribbling and the pressing defense can't keep up. The point of a full court press is to get the offensive player to dribble to one side of the court or another to box them in ... when we practice, if anyone tries to dribble through a press ... major windsprints as a result. Obviously not so much for Sarah Baracuda ... I feel sorry for her basketball coach, he/she is probably shaking their head in embarassment.

Nice try Sarah, I'd have given anything to guard you in high school!
Great point, which makes me wonder just how "good" a b-ball player she actually was. Probably just more sycophants, who couldn't see beyond the physical, telling her what she wanted to hear.

At any rate, her and her team have proven that they can't defend against a "full-court" press. She is bailing out -- taking her toys and leaving.

Sitting here last night listening to her, it couldn't have been more clear to me that what I have always suspected about her is true -- she is bull****ting her way through politics (and life in general), and grabbing all the phat loot she can get, in the process. She is a disgrace to Alaska and the US.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:09 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times
Default Palin quote from Fox News

"Larry Sabato, the director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, said Palin is political toast.

"She has just confirmed that criticism," Sabato said. "Politically speaking, if your goal is to run for president, this is a very stupid move. The correct move was to finish the one gubernatorial term."

Sabato said he doesn't believe Republicans will nominate Palin in 2012 if she were to run.

"If they do nominate her, I think they're inviting not just defeat, but landslide defeat in 2012," he said."

I think Mr. Sabato said it well.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 AM

304 posts, read 856,783 times
I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why? By 2012 will Sarah have read a book?

Learned English?

Completed a sentence?

Grown a backbone?

Dumped Todd her handler?

Taken a course in geography?

Developed integrity?

Quit saying "there" every other word?

Stopped calling some Americans "not real Americans"?

Stopped embarrassing the Republicans?

What WILL drastically change????

Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm laughing ... just heard the Queen of the Tinfoil Crown Society equate her quitting to dribbling through a full court press ... wow ... rule number one for full court presses ... NEVER EVER DRIBBLE!
And yet we had to read your dribble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies