Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:35 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times

Advertisements

If I were a republican I'd be elated that Palin quit and would be praying feverishly that she left the scene altogether......Anyone with common sense can see she is damaging the GOP beyond repair....although I would love to see her in 2012 and so would damn near all Dem's.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
If its proven true she should have to pay the contractor and face charges.

But really - is anyone surprised? I wish that yearly audits were a requirement for all politicians from the state to the federal level with no exceptions. I bet this is not the first time something like this has happened.
This kind of chit goes on all the time and is the reason that politicians of all stripes refuse to allow the kind of audits you propose. Those audits would clean up out political situation a bunch.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:37 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I am wondering where you got your erroneous information concerning the Alaska state legislature.

If there is an indictment coming, the charges are yet to be filed. If they are filed, perhaps you'll see some provable facts.

Perhaps if you knew something about our state you would understand the disillusionment with the governor among the people who put her in office.
Did you just say that you are one of those people?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This kind of chit goes on all the time and is the reason that politicians of all stripes refuse to allow the kind of audits you propose. Those audits would clean up out political situation a bunch.
Got any proof of your statement?
All government employees in certain positions are required to submit information every year.
Each person is open to audit.
Many are audited.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. Romney is one of those folks who even if I disagree with, I can still respect and admire - mainly because he's clearly SMART and CAPABLE (unlike Bush or Palin). I think he would probably make a very good President.

Ken
say it aint so....how dare you say that about any republican......

Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,414,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're excusing her inability to handle challenges -- her inability to govern?

Why?
More feminine illogic.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
"The Real Story Behind Palin's Bombshell"

Geoffrey Dunn: The Real Story Behind Palin's Bombshell

Old 07-04-2009, 11:57 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, I think Romney's biggest hurdle might be getting the GOP nomination - mainly because much of the Religious Right doesn't trust the Mormons. I think their skepticism about having a Mormon as President is perhaps greater than the typical Democrat's reluctance to have a Mormon President.

Ken

The fact that he wears his religion on his sleeve is not going to play well with the under 30 set either, IMHO, although it may pull hispanic, AA, and Southern Baptist votes. Ditto Huckabee.

The GOP tent needs desperately to expand. If it contracts much more they'll have to go outside to take their coats off.

I still say they need to release a shot of Newt Gingrich in a Banana Hammock to pump some vitality into the party's image.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AC 360 commentators are saying that Palin quit in part to stave off an indictment for some of the crimes she's under investigation for.

Sounds like a potential republican presidential candidate to me!
That figures. I listened to her speech yesterday; all of it. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a woman of strong moral conviction, integrity, and a deep love for not only Alaska, but our country.

She said she was being forced to spend too much time defending against these frivolous "ethics" charges, and that she didn't feel that it was fair to Alaskan's. She also said she felt the need to go in a different direction, and that she didn't feel it was right to pursue these other things while sitting in the Governors office. She did not allude to any presidential aspirations, but she did talk about the need to fight for our country, our freedom, and for responsible government.

Personally, I got the strong message that she sees herself in a different roll for our country at this point in time, and that removing herself from the Governors office was the right thing to do.

Palin has always been able to draw huge crowds. Amierica (if not the liberals) loves her, and she is able to raise millions.

I suspect that she may be getting more offers to speak. She has a lot of debt piled up (thanks to the Democrat smear machine and their constant harrasment of her with frivolous lawsuits). Speaking engagements is one way she could pay off her debt very quickly.

She also mentioned that if she remained in the Governors office, she knew that the harrasment and lawsuits would continue, as they don't cost these people anything; but they do cost Alaska, and they cost her.

It's a shame that our country has come to this; but I belive Sarah Palin has something bigger in mind, and I'm glad that she will be working for all of us now, not just Alaska.

Palins entire speech was given without teleprompter, and except for a few notes that she glanced at from time to time, I think it was largely unprepared. She is an excellent speaker.

Go Sarah! I think good things are coming from her direction.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That figures. I listened to her speech yesterday; all of it. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a woman of strong moral conviction, integrity, and a deep love for not only Alaska, but our country.

She said she was being forced to spend too much time defending against these frivolous "ethics" charges, and that she didn't feel that it was fair to Alaskan's. She also said she felt the need to go in a different direction, and that she didn't feel it was right to pursue these other things while sitting in the Governors office. She did not allude to any presidential aspirations, but she did talk about the need to fight for our country, our freedom, and for responsible government.

Personally, I got the strong message that she sees herself in a different roll for our country at this point in time, and that removing herself from the Governors office was the right thing to do.

Palin has always been able to draw huge crowds. Amierica (if not the liberals) loves her, and she is able to raise millions.

I suspect that she may be getting more offers to speak. She has a lot of debt piled up (thanks to the Democrat smear machine and their constant harrasment of her with frivolous lawsuits). Speaking engagements is one way she could pay off her debt very quickly.

She also mentioned that if she remained in the Governors office, she knew that the harrasment and lawsuits would continue, as they don't cost these people anything; but they do cost Alaska, and they cost her.

It's a shame that our country has come to this; but I belive Sarah Palin has something bigger in mind, and I'm glad that she will be working for all of us now, not just Alaska.

Palins entire speech was given without teleprompter, and except for a few notes that she glanced at from time to time, I think it was largely unprepared. She is an excellent speaker.

Go Sarah! I think good things are coming from her direction.
Damn you must have put a lot sugar and that KOOL-AID you drinking!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies