Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:04 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why? By 2012 will Sarah have read a book?
Well, hopefully she'll read the book that "she's writing." Then again, she's a maverick, so you never know....

Old 07-04-2009, 07:07 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Ahhhh sheer panic. Keep it up

Old 07-04-2009, 07:07 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Ummm, considering that within 24 hours there's been enough jokes on city-data to give the writers for the tonight a week off, I suspect Sarah will continue to be the hot topic. Especially once she discovers her true destiny as a talk show host on The View.

lol...The View

oh Wait..

Yes, that's it - the View.

This has been in the works since the campaign trail!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Actually a spokesperson for a Governor trying to explain a political decision with a ridiculous basketball analogy looked like an idiot. It was spin and Cooper wasn't feeling it. She was in New York and had no answer so out popped more nonsense..Also, a point guard wouldn't QUIT on his team at halftime because of a tough first half or the coach and/or fans yelling at him. Only a coward-QUITTER would do so.
That was ridiculous, and Anderson responding with a straight face sent us into fits of laughter..

No, I don't really like sports.

No, I don't understand.

Umm...No. I don't get it.

Too funny Anderson.....

Old 07-04-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post

Astounding how the liberal media has attacked her since day one.
They sure must be scared of Palin to go after her with such a vengence.
lol...the Press doesn't really go after fear as much as they do long term ratings. Palin just happens to be a McDonald's fry in a parking lot full of Seagulls.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...the Press doesn't really go after fear as much as they do long term ratings. Palin just happens to be a McDonald's fry in a parking lot full of Seagulls.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AC 360 commentators are saying that Palin quit in part to stave off an indictment for some of the crimes she's under investigation for.

Sounds like a potential republican presidential candidate to me!
Um, quitting a job would not shield one from CRIMINAL charges. How uneducated do you have to be to believe this crap?

Old 07-04-2009, 07:28 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Flow Chart of Ethics Complaint

1. Receive notice of complaint and preliminary investigation launching
2. Contact lawyer for services
3. Write check to lawyer
4. Contact bank, pull your bank records
5. Write check to bank
6. Consult with lawyer
7. Write check to lawyer
8. Pull all official correspondence from files, use leave from work
9. Write check to Notary certifying official correspondence
10. Send correspondence to investigators
11. Write check to UPS for delivery to investigators
12. Interview with investigators
13. Write check to lawyer
14. Pull official e-mail correspondence
15. Write check to Notary certifying e-mail correspondence
16. Write check to UPS for delivery to investigators
17. Provide deposition
18. Write check to lawyer
19. Follow-up interview with investigators
20. Write check to lawyer
21. Receive finding of no Ethics violation with attached opinion that original complaint was frivolous
22. Write final check to lawyer
23. Run into original complainant who says " I didn't think you had done anything wrong but that Ordinance on cleaning up after your dog made me mad."

Total cost not covered by Public Official Bond $21,000, none of which is recoverable from original complainant for filing a frivolous complaint.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
"Most recently, she has seen a crash in fundraising efforts. Last week, the Palin shrine, Conservatives4Palin, concluded a weeklong effort to raise $500,000 for Palin's legal bils, having reached only 21% of their goal. Wednesday, the state began releasing figures that indicated the majority of expenses borne by the state, involving so-called 'ethics complaints' involving Palin, have resulted from a complaint Palin had filed against herself, and from complaints that resulted in negotiated settlements adverse to the governor's claim that she is a crusader for ethics reform.

"Her legal bills are approaching 2/3 of a million dollars. Much, if not almost all, of her legal bills stem from her own conduct as governor, and over issues having to do what her daughter's son's father is strongly suspected of holding over the family."

Oxdown Gazette » Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Under Relentless Siege from Alaska’s Citizens, Announces Resignation - Updated (http://oxdown.firedoglake.com/diary/6105 - broken link)

Old 07-04-2009, 07:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
What are you talking about? Last October, she was found guilty of abusing her power as Governor. A bipartisan investigation panel found Palin to be "in violation of a state ethics law prohibiting public officials from using their office for personal gain." Troopergate ring any bells?

BBC NEWS | Americas | Palin abused power, probe finds
1. The press, Dems, politico's etc. go crazy trying to pin ethic's charges on her. Palin fends off ethics charges - Washington Times

Quote:
The latest complaint to be decided was filed by Anchorage resident Linda Kellen Biegel, who took issue with Mrs. Palin for wearing to a public function a jacket made by a company that sponsored the governor's husband, Todd, a snow machine racer. Palin fends off ethics charges - Washington Times
Palin was found innocent of the charges.

As to the Troopergate charges....
Quote:
Every one of these charges are traced back to one man - Mike Wooten… Sarah Palin’s ex-brother in law, and the “trooper” of Trooper’gate. Flopping Aces » Blog Archive » Trooper’gate: Different charges, new battlefield, and the planned October surprise Also on other sites on the web
2. "in violation of a state ethics law prohibiting public officials from using their office for personal gain." .....
I challenge anyone to find a politician who has not done something that could be charged as a violation.

Why do I defend her? Because I think the amount of attacks are sheer lunacy.

Why do the press, Dems, etc. make so many attacks on her, perhaps (take your pick) ...
1. They are afraid of her influence
2. She is a woman
3. To distract the public from the things Obama and the Feds are doing
4. They can't/won't attack any Dem or she is the only target they can find
5. The list could go on and on.......

I think she resigned because of just what she said.... the cost of defending the attacks on her are huge and it is costing the state, etc. too much to defend her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies