Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times

Advertisements

Gee, who are the left wing whackadoos gonna pick on now?
I guess you'll have to go back to eating your own for entertainment...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
We'll see who's making the jokes come 2012
Well, this news definitely means plenty of work for Tina Fey... and she makes pretty good jokes.

Last edited by normie; 07-04-2009 at 07:02 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
If you would have bothered to listen to every thing she said, you would know that she is quitting because she is fiscally responsible to the people of Alaska. She made it very plain that after having to spend 2 million dollars defending herself of false and stupid charges, and by the way, all thrown out, she was becoming too much of a hinderence in getting the job done as too much focus on her. She did this for her state. That's what she said, I believe her, and I think she did the right thing. I admire someone who thinks of their state first. Unlike Mark Sanford, she has a heart, and is a true American. He's a middle-aged , never mind, I just can't stand him and I won't say anymore. Anyway, Just get out of your hate mode and put yourself in her place for one minute.
You're excusing her inability to handle challenges -- her inability to govern?

Why?

Old 07-04-2009, 06:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,377,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AC 360 commentators are saying that Palin quit in part to stave off an indictment for some of the crimes she's under investigation for.

Sounds like a potential republican presidential candidate to me!
What crimes?
If they are going to make those charges, they need to back it up.

I'm not even saying that there may not be some type of charges. But,
how about devoting that time to ripping apart all politicians? Bet there are very few who can withstand close investigation.
Let's start with the things the Obama admin is doing and see how legal they are.

Astounding how the liberal media has attacked her since day one.
They sure must be scared of Palin to go after her with such a vengence.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I guess you'll have to go back to eating your own for entertainment...
Ohhhhh, the Right has plenty of nutjobs to offer up for sacrifice... Michelle Bachmann comes to mind...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
We'll see who's making the jokes come 2012
Why? By 2012 will Sarah have read a book?

Learned English?

Completed a sentence?

Grown a backbone?

Dumped Todd her handler?

Taken a course in geography?

Developed integrity?

Quit saying "there" every other word?

Stopped calling some Americans "not real Americans"?

Stopped embarrassing the Republicans?

What WILL drastically change????

Old 07-04-2009, 06:55 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,377,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Anderson Cooper? People with brains do not listen to Anderson Cooper. Provide the proof. Put up or shut up.
I used to really admire him but good grief! Don't watch him anyone but did catch a quick interview he did yesterday with a Palin spokesperson. They used the basketball analogy. Cooper said he knows nothing about basketball so he did not understand. He made himself look like an idiot.

I'm sure I know LESS about basketball than he does and I understood what the rep was saying.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ummm, considering that within 24 hours there's been enough jokes on city-data to give the writers for the tonight a week off, I suspect Sarah will continue to be the hot topic. Especially once she discovers her true destiny as a talk show host on The View.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
What crimes?
If they are going to make those charges, they need to back it up.
I agree. Besides, it's more fun to laugh at the bizarreness of quitting a job for no good reason.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
I used to really admire him but good grief! Don't watch him anyone but did catch a quick interview he did yesterday with a Palin spokesperson. They used the basketball analogy. Cooper said he knows nothing about basketball so he did not understand. He made himself look like an idiot.

I'm sure I know LESS about basketball than he does and I understood what the rep was saying.
Actually a spokesperson for a Governor trying to explain a political decision with a ridiculous basketball analogy looked like an idiot. It was spin and Cooper wasn't feeling it. She was in New York and had no answer so out popped more nonsense..Also, a point guard wouldn't QUIT on his team at halftime because of a tough first half or the coach and/or fans yelling at him. Only a coward-QUITTER would do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies