Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:34 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AC 360 commentators are saying that Palin quit in part to stave off an indictment for some of the crimes she's under investigation for.

Sounds like a potential republican presidential candidate to me!
First of all, the 15 ethics complaints she has been cleared of. They were nothing but BS complaints by the liberals like "wearing a logo jacket to a race". It has cost Alaska over 2 million dollars and Sarah and Todd are in debt $500,000 defending herself over these complaints.

Don't come on here and make these claims. YOUR type is the very people who have done this to her.

Now I was never a Palin supporter but all the personal attacks of her family and children has been over the top.

She said she is stepping aside so Alaska can get back to business and not have to spend all their time with these complaints.

LEAVE HER ALONE! Why don't you focus on YOUR president who is ripping this country apart?

Old 07-04-2009, 07:37 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Only a coward-QUITTER would do so.
Or someone who truly cares about the state she/he represent and how much is costs the state to defend ridiculous charges.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Most recently, she has seen a crash in fundraising efforts. Last week, the Palin shrine, Conservatives4Palin, concluded a weeklong effort to raise $500,000 for Palin's legal bils, having reached only 21% of their goal. Wednesday, the state began releasing figures that indicated the majority of expenses borne by the state, involving so-called 'ethics complaints' involving Palin, have resulted from a complaint Palin had filed against herself, and from complaints that resulted in negotiated settlements adverse to the governor's claim that she is a crusader for ethics reform.

"Her legal bills are approaching 2/3 of a million dollars. Much, if not almost all, of her legal bills stem from her own conduct as governor, and over issues having to do what her daughter's son's father is strongly suspected of holding over the family."

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Under Relentless Siege from Alaska’s Citizens, Announces Resignation - Updated (http://oxdown.firedoglake.com/diary/6105 - broken link)
"The bulk of the expenses -- $187,797 -- appear to stem from Troopergate, the messy case involving Palin's former brother-in-law, a state trooper, who got on the wrong side with Palin and her family.

"Palin herself initiated at least a part of the ethics case to counter a legislative investigation into the same matter. An additional Troopergate ethics complaint was brought by the state troopers union, which complained Palin and others improperly disclosed confidential personnel and workers' compensation records of her former brother-in-law, Mike Wooten, and engaged in systematic efforts to have Wooten fired. The personnel board dismissed the union complaint.
"The most expensive cases were all from last year. The third most costly one, which was listed at $29,962, could be a complaint made against Palin for having the state pay for her children's travel. Palin ended up settling that complaint by agreeing to reimburse the state about $8,000 for several trips."

Anchorage Daily News | Ethics investigations cost state $296,000

Old 07-04-2009, 07:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
I was wondering if she'll continue her USE OF A TELEPROMPTER in court?????

Old 07-04-2009, 07:40 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, quitting a job would not shield one from CRIMINAL charges. How uneducated do you have to be to believe this crap?
You don't have to be uneducated, just liberal.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If she shuts up and quietly slips back to the woods then it will help the Republicans....I'm sure there are many of them who want her out of the news....she doesn't make them look good....and the smarter ones know it.
You quoted me, seeming to forget that I'm a Republican myself. And, yes, I fall into the category that wants her out of the news.

If only Bachmann, Sanford, and Perry could be next....

Old 07-04-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
It is great for Alaska...and the GOP, because if she wasn't labeled before, she should be now...they can go on and recoup without all this crap of Sarah and flippin negative publicity we have come to find follows whereever she may be...like a dog let out in the yard...it drops and someone needs to go pick it up eventually...Glad our yard is getting freshened up
If I were an Alaskan, I'd be ELATED!

Even as a Republican in the lower 48, I'm happy. If only she can be kept out of the news.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You quoted me, seeming to forget that I'm a Republican myself. And, yes, I fall into the category that wants her out of the news.

If only Bachmann, Sanford, and Perry could be next....
I QUOTED the OP.

My comment had NOTHING to do with your political affiliation which I don't know and don't care about.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I QUOTED the OP.

My comment had NOTHING to do with your political affiliation which I don't know and don't care about.
Fair enough

Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It depends. If they embrace her and allow her to become a viable nominee during the 2012 primaries (much less their nominee) then yes, this will definately hurt them. If not - then no, it will have little effect either way.
Rumor has it that she's going to be out of politics - nationally - for good and that Sarah 2012 won't be happening after all.

She may even end up in prison. The good part about her being in prison would be that it would shut her up. The bad part would be the negative publicity for the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies