Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinajana View Post
If things don't get better real quick he is gone.
The GOP is loving this,2010 is going to be a disaster for the libs.
Can you say jimmy carter?
"Real quick", huh? It took about two years for the economy to come back to life after Reagan took office in 1981. We're in the middle of the worst economy since 1929. Only a fool would believe that Obama can fix the economy within a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
If the economy is still in the tank, then expect the following. Young voters won't show up at the polls or they'll vote against Obama. Independant voters won't show up to the polls or they'll vote against Obama. Seniors will vote against Obama, they always show up at the polls. Latinos won't go to the polls or they'll vote against Obama. The middle class will vote against Obama. Rank and file democrats won't show up at the polls in large numbers but may still not vote against Obama, or may go for a third party. You'll have a sizable third party showing, 5% or higher if a strong candidate runs, maybe as high as 10 to 15%. Obama will get 40 %+/-. The republican will get 50% +/-.
That's assuming he runs, I say he won't.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Bush and Cheney would have had to engaged in war crimes for them to be tried for them.
According to the findings of the Senate Armed Services Committee investigation, they did.

Last edited by cuebald; 07-05-2009 at 05:59 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 05:52 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Clinton was impeached and stayed in office.
"Impeached" means that he was accused of a crime, not that he was thrown out of office.

When he was acquitted, Clinton resumed his duties as the President.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Of-course he will, Rush already said he would, that should satisfy all his dittoheads out there when it comes to the future of President Obama.
Now back to reality. He will Probably get re-elected for several reasons, first off, unless he really screws up the person running for re-election has a huge advantage of those running to depose them. Secondly the Republicans have proven they are no better at running the show than the Democrats. Thirdly, we are not in a depression and are not going to be, Recession, yes, and for some time to come, but we are not headed for a total collapse, no matter how much some seem to want it. Fourth, the economy is improving, slowly, and by the time the elections come around he will be able to point out that fact and also to other improvements to show he is doing a good job. Last but not least, the Republicans do not seem to have any ideas of their own and so far have not been able to produce any candidates that could defeat President Obama in and election and, until they can, they are stuck with their current place in American politics, on the sidelines.
Casper

Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
I think it is entirely too early to begin making assumptions. It hasn't even been a year since his inauguration. What are the prominent republican candidates, if any?

I would take bozo the clown at this point
anyone but who we have now, Obama will not be re-elected
I think before it is over he will have more folks against him than Bush.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:26 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Real quick", huh? It took about two years for the economy to come back to life after Reagan took office in 1981. We're in the middle of the worst economy since 1929. Only a fool would believe that Obama can fix the economy within a few months.

fix it?
good grief
he has made it so bad I wonder if we ever come out of it

Old 07-05-2009, 09:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Right now, I feel like three and a half years will not be enough for him to accomplish much and it seems like his efforts to "fix" the economy may not be working after all, at least not quickly enough. I feel like the next three and half years will fly by with the way the economy is, and people will either give him another four years or look for something totally different. What is your prediction?
I dunno the Obama voters I know only one says they will vote for him again.

It depends on how much money they have in their pocket come time to vote again. If they have less they will blame Obama if they are middle class.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:31 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dunno the Obama voters I know only one says they will vote for him again.

It depends on how much money they have in their pocket come time to vote again. If they have less they will blame Obama if they are middle class.

That's a good analysis. It basically comes down to if you are better off now or before he came in to office. I believe that we are all better off with Obama as President.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:16 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,994,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I would take bozo the clown at this point
anyone but who we have now, Obama will not be re-elected
I think before it is over he will have more folks against him than Bush.
Well we could always do the Lewis Black presidential election. Kick a monkey out of a plane with a parachute on his back. First person he meets and grabs their hand is president.

I'd be for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies