Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 AM

122 posts, read 150,715 times

Advertisements

As long as they are pro-those things, I have ample respect for them!

One thing I do not respect, however, are the anti-types. I do not like anti-choice, anti-equality, types. You may hold whatever personal beliefs you wish, but don't try to force them on to the personal lives of others.

I think that there should be obvious safeguards in place such as preventing people with criminal records from owning firearms. That is all the gun control I ask for.

I think the only way to be anti-abortion is to not have one. Women aren't incubators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Name me one public figure, political or otherwise that is pro-life, pro-gun, self professed born again Christian, pro traditional marriage that you respect. Thanks
I can appreciate anyone who is any of the above -- as long as they are not politicians.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I can appreciate anyone who is any of the above -- as long as they are not politicians.
So, you don't respect any political figures that hold all of the aforementioned beliefs?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
So, you don't respect any political figures that hold all of the aforementioned beliefs?
I do not believe that ANY politician can "hold" any of those beliefs...as soon as the access to money and power hit them,they(beliefs) are long gone and it's every man/woman for themselves at the feeding trough....it then becomes "agendas" and special interest monies.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
None. With those beliefs they have no respect from me.
And they none for you.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:45 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I do not believe that ANY politician can "hold" any of those beliefs...as soon as the access to money and power hit them,they(beliefs) are long gone and it's every man/woman for themselves at the feeding trough....it then becomes "agendas" and special interest monies.
Wow, that's really cynical; sad commentary on our political system. I think JC Watts and Jim DeMint and Kenneth Blackwell have done a good job of staying true to these beliefs and not being corrupted by power.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's really cynical; sad commentary on our political system. I think JC Watts and Jim DeMint and Kenneth Blackwell have done a good job of staying true to these beliefs and not being corrupted by power.
Look...it MAY be cynical to YOU,but I am a realist.....I have watched it from politicians as insignificant as a Mayor in a small community all the way up....I was not born yesterday and I have been a lifelong observer who has kept my eyes and ears open because the more I know,the better it is for me and my family when it comes to making decisions that affect US...so call me cynical,call me aware or call me an idiot,I couldn't care less...it's the way I view it after watching for a long time.

I do agree that there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule,but in politics they are few and far between and seem to follow the estabished "flight" patterns quite well.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No offense intended,but very few outside of these gentlemen's home areas even have the slightest clue as to who they are or what they are about.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
JC Watts, Mike Huckabee, and Jack Kemp I think they may be misguided on some things, but I see where they are coming from most of the time.

There are some others I can see, but most of the others not so much.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Name me one public figure, political or otherwise that is pro-life, pro-gun, self professed born again Christian, pro traditional marriage that you respect. Thanks

My list of honest GOP politicians:

Sam Brownback (R-Kansas)
Orin Hatch (R-Utah)
Charlie Crist (Gov-Florida)
John McCain (R-AZ)
Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
Lindsay Graham (R-SC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies