Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,168 times

Advertisements

Our media really should answer for this. They are truly despicable. Our country needs to get its priorities straight.

Relatives of Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Decry Lack of Coverage Amid Jackson Spectacle - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
He died under the wrong President. This time last year, he would have been front-page news along with the running tally.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Has there been network television coverage of the return of soldiers' remains, or of their funerals, since the Bush Admin left and it became possible to make a change in that secrecy rule? Seriously, I dont know.

Did Faux cover that particular soldier's return?

I watched the Jackson funeral proceedings on Faux today from about 10 til 4. They were technically far in advance of the other networks, even sleb-happy CNN.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
They think they should have more press than Michael Jackson dying??

That's really weird.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Our media really should answer for this. They are truly despicable. Our country needs to get its priorities straight.

Relatives of Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Decry Lack of Coverage Amid Jackson Spectacle - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
the media's job is to make money by giving the public what they want....and look at the millions of idiots worshipping at Jackson's memorial....these losers WANT the coverage.

Yes, it is a shame that these so-called Americans do not turn out for our heroes like they did for some freak....but that's America.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM

The Stars N Stripes Newspaper had more coverage of Jackson's death! The newpaper of the miliary. ....LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The Stars N Stripes Newspaper had more coverage of Jackson's death! The newpaper of the miliary. ....LOL
I'm glad you could find humor in the death of our soldiers.

Keep us posted when one of your loved ones passes so we can all have a good time with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
I've never seen every media outlet cover the death of every individual soldier. That in now way means their lives aren't important. Soldiers are constantly praised in this country in life and in death and rightfully so..

Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I'm glad you could find humor in the death of our soldiers.

Keep us posted when one of your loved ones passes so we can all have a good time with it.
Wow! Sounds like you REALLY care about the "soldiers"?

So tell us again why you sent them over to Iraq? .......You think that was a good idea?

I care enough about them not to get them killed for some right wing ego trip.

And being a Veteran myself, I know they would think it's silly some chickenhawk is posting absurd articles concerned with why they are not getting as much media

coverage as the World's most popular entertainer passing away.....LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I've never seen every media outlet cover the death of every individual soldier. That in now way means their lives aren't important. Soldiers are constantly praised in this country in life and in death and rightfully so..
I was actually going to mention this. I don't know of any network that covers every single person that died over there. Anyone else? Right, I didn't think so. Michael is news right now, as soon as this memorial is over with today, you won't hear about it anymore. Just be patient. Personally, I would MUCH rather watch stuff about Michael Jackson than that idiot family Jon & Kate. I've had just about enough of them, I actually did from the very start of that show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies