Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But, if you were president, and about to write a letter to the hospital you were born in, wouldn't you verify it first?

Like so many things about him, either 0bama is an idiot for not knowing where he was born, or he is incompetent for not verifying it first, or he does know where he was born and is lying about it, and this was an instance where he could not remember which lie he was supposed to tell, about where he was born.
Obama never said he was born at Queens Medical Center - other people reported it as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It appears that Obama did indeed remember what hospital he was born in, but some media sources did not report the correct information. Obama himself did not say he was born at Queens Medical Center. UPI news misreported it, then several other people (bloggers as proof? really?) picked that up and rereported it.

*yawn*

Dude, really? Really? C'mon now...

His old web site said one place, and his letters now say another, that's fishy IMO.

I have never bought into the whole birth cert mess, but this is suspicious.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Dude, really? Really? C'mon now...

His old web site said one place, and his letters now say another, that's fishy IMO.

I have never bought into the whole birth cert mess, but this is suspicious.
Yes, really. No, his old website did not say one place. Take a closer look past WND spinnery.

The blogger page you see is a section of the Obama campaign site where any supporter can set up their personal blog and blog about whatever they like. What WND linked is someone's personal blog, not a blog from the campaign. I could sign up there right now and report that Obama was born on the planet Mars if I wanted to.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I guess some of us wonder why he has fought so hard against simply coming up with the evidence that would satisfy anyones curiousity and put it all to rest.
Whether or not he has to, or whether or not anybody else has had to is beside the point since theirs is not what's under question.
Ordinarily I'm pretty laid back and rabid about nothing, but I even have to wonder why.
Precisely. He could end all the rumors if he wanted to, all the speculation. But he refuses. It's not even as if the birth certificate would tell anything not already known about him...unless he's been lying.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, his old website did not say one place. Take a closer look.

The blogger page you see is a section of the Obama campaign site where any supporter can set up their personal blog and blog about whatever they like. What WND linked is someone's personal blog, not a blog from the campaign.
Really?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/...ybaracktwo.jpg

Look closely, toward the bottom, you will see that it says Queen's. Also if you check the address bar, it IS the official web page from the campaign.

Even if some did put it on there as a blog, don't you think that Obama would have removed the incorrect info? Especially with this clusterf**k with the birth cert going around?

And what about the sworn statement from his Grandma? Is that delusion too? Why would SHE lie about her own grandchild's birth?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Really?

Look closely, toward the bottom, you will see that it says Queen's. Also if you check the address bar, it IS the official web page from the campaign.

Even if some did put it on there as a blog, don't you think that Obama would have removed the incorrect info? Especially with this clusterf**k with the birth cert going around?

And what about the sworn statement from his Grandma? Is that delusion too? Why would SHE lie about her own grandchild's birth?
Yes really! Click on the link and see. That's why the page is called "MY.BARACKOBAMA.COM". It's a community website that anyone can sign up for. You think they have time to police every single blog for accuracy? Go to the site yourself and see. You can sign up yourself and post a blog.

There is no "Sworn Statement" from Grandma...

http://www.slate.com/id/2206033/pagenum/all/ (broken link)
Quote:
On Oct. 16, an Anabaptist minister named Ron McRae called Sarah Hussein Obama, the president-elect's 86-year-old paternal step-grandmother, at her home in Kenya. Two translators were on the line when McRae asked if the elder Obama was "present" when the president-elect was born. One of the translators says "yes." McRae contacted Berg and gave him a partial transcript of the call with a signed affidavit. He opted not to include the rest of the call, in which he asks the question more directly—"Was he born in Mombassa?"—and the translators, finally understanding him, tell him repeatedly that the president-elect was born in Hawaii.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...a_bad_sign.cfm

Here's what they left out!
Quote:
MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombassa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombassa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombassa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I guess some of us wonder why he has fought so hard against simply coming up with the evidence that would satisfy anyones curiousity and put it all to rest.
Whether or not he has to, or whether or not anybody else has had to is beside the point since theirs is not what's under question.
Ordinarily I'm pretty laid back and rabid about nothing, but I even have to wonder why.
He hasn't fought hard against anything. 99.5% of the population has no doubt as to where he was born. He decided to appease the very few nutbags out there who for some reason question this, and released a certified copy of his birth certificate to the public.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,508 times
Quote:
Really?

Good God you're right. This link also shows another, even more horrible lie from Obama. Apparently his real name is not Barak Obama, but is in fact sophia ajaz. I guess he's in fact a woman too.

When will the lies end???

Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
He hasn't fought hard against anything. 99.5% of the population has no doubt as to where he was born. He decided to appease the very few nutbags out there who for some reason question this, and released a certified copy of his birth certificate to the public.
No, he did not release the long form birth certificate. What he released could have been issued to a person not even born in HI. And he has spent about a million dollars or so fighting attempts to have it released.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, he did not release the long form birth certificate. What he released could have been issued to a person not even born in HI. And he has spent about a million dollars or so fighting attempts to have it released.
Not at the time of his birth. That's what you "birthers" conveniently leave out of your writings about this law. It was passed abouat 20 years after Obama was born. And just my educated guess as a former labor and delivery/public health nurse, one of those amended birth certificates would probably not have all the info on it that his does regarding his birth in a hospital.

According to most sources, he has spent no money whatsoever "fighting" this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies