Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,583,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I am always impressed with someone that can grow ANYTHING. I have been known to kill a cactus. I am interested in hearing more about the bolded part. There seems to be fewer Indicas available than Sativas.

J
Hey hey hey, I kill cacti too! 3 of them. Who knows how, they just shriveled up like sad little prunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,424,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Plain truth is,,,,

Unless you are allergic to it then maybe, just maybe you might have a bad reaction to it.

It's the Pharmaceuticals that kill when combined with alcohol or other lethal man made drugs/chemicals.

Look, everyone of you out there reading this have little receptors in yer brain to catch cannabinoids. Look it up! I STG! The human body has no natural receptors for alcohol or man made chemicals, I mean sure LSD will frick ya up, but again it's manmade.

Cocaine, as it is commonly used is POISON plain and simple. Look up the ingredients and call me a liar. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

I'm 52 this year and I have been in the cocaine countries, opium producers and yes even the marijuana fields in mountains of afghanistan on drug eradication programs sponsored by our Govmint. I just returned from another trip over and I can tell ya, it ain't working over there. All a huge waste of time and our hard earned money. (taxes)

Face it America, when you legalize Marijuana the other hardcore drugs will fall of to the side of the road. Cause we'll all be too busy bustin a spliff to bother with the other junk in da trunk.

People dying from marijuana! Sheesh, it's a plant that needs no additives to grow or enjoy. Natural High.

Like God meant it to be.
Exactly.

Show me the results on how many people die from Alcohol poising vs. those that die from THC poising.

If you combine drugs, you're an idiot, plain and simple. Hell, Tylenol has more deaths contributed to it per year then Marijuana does.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,720,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Why do I waste my daylight on asshats like you?

Cause I like to school fools, FOOL.

You sound just like my Brother in law! You two must have gone to the same schools. Carbon copies of each other gaurandamnteed. And that Jackass is more than likely a lot higher on the med chain than you. Hell if yer that high up there maybe the name B. Van Dorsten will ring a bell. If not, YOU MY SILLY LITTLE PRACTIONER ARE WAY OUT OF YER LEAGUE. While yer "knowledge" comes from books and lectures mine comes from first hand experience.

So you ARE a PRACTITIONER are you? I used to practice my skills too. Then I became PROFICIENT with them. Once I was proficient I practiced some more until I became a C.M.

Now when I walk through a dark valley or alley I am the MF to fear.
But thats how it is in the big bad world of **** I swim in.

You have overeducated yerself with the nectar of fools.
Again- class act. I think this is a perfect example of long term pot use. Keep talking, as your diction and points support everything I have stated.

I am glad you consider yourself to be a tough guy. That is very cool and so frightening. I do not know of any adult who would enjoy a life of violence, or glorify it, unless you have never experienced it. It is not like the movies and is a horrible existence that many of the poor are forced into by necessity, not choice. Be careful of looking for a fight in alleys- most gang violence is directed toward taking care of buisness, but initiates look for "tough guys".

Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,920,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Exactly.

Show me the results on how many people die from Alcohol poising vs. those that die from THC poising.

If you combine drugs, you're an idiot, plain and simple. Hell, Tylenol has more deaths contributed to it per year then Marijuana does.
When I worked at a police department part of my job was to read all the police reports daily. Weekly there were reports of alcohol poisoning, overdoses on prescription meds, problems with ecstasy and hallucinagenics and the like. The only issue with pot was the occasional ticket. I manage a nighclub-type venue and I prefer the events that draw potsmokers rather than the drunks. I never have to deal with vomit or have to call an ambulance for stoned people.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,354,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
3. I sit on a medical review panel for a major insurer. To approve a new drug or treatment, there must be randomized, blinded, prospective literature with a good control group to even consider the drug/treatment. A second level of acceptance is that the drug/treatment must be better than or equal to existing treatment and have fewer or equal side effects. Pot fails in all these criteria, as it is equal to 60mg of codeine (a weak narcotic) and has a tar/carcinogen content similar to cigarettes. The "drug" would never make it through any insurance panel, let alone the FDA, so it is somewhat of a moot point.

So if you want to smoke pot- do it. However, do not suggest that it is an effective therapeutic medicine, as there is no evidence to support that contention. Further, do not smoke pot while on other pharmaceuticals, as it may have unintended side effects. If you need to get stoned, get stoned, but do not attempt to legitimize that desire by suggesting it is a "medicine". It is a "medicine" much in the same way cocaine (it is still used as a local anesthetic), LSD, heroin, and meth are "medicines", but of essentially no benefit in modern medicine.

IF you are able to conduct a large randomized, blinded prosepective trial with good control groups and publish it in a legit journal, I will change my mind. However, the current literature refutes your contention and is therefore incorrect until proven otherwise. Get your NORML buddies to design and execute the clinical trial and publish it in NEJM. It is a little tougher than you may think.
Assuming this is all true about you...

There are PLENTY of studies that have been done on pot. People like you ignore them all because they don't have any chance at lining your pocket. You said yourself that you profit from Pharmaceuticals, which by definition are synthetic and are FAR more dangerous than pot could ever be. That and the fact that the current legal situation provides a convenient excuse for people like you who are unwilling to accept that they are an idiot and have been wrong all along.

After all, idiots like you approved Vioxx (which killed 25,000+ Americans...more than the 2 Iraq wars combined) and Oxycontin (abused by housewives everywhere) while keeping pot down in the same category as Meth and Heroin. Even now that many medical organizations have gotten on the bandwagon, people like you still sit on the wrong side of the debate, looking dumber and dumber every day.

The simple fact is that there are hundreds of products available to us that are more dangerous than pot, so why fight it when it could be a HUGE financial benefit to us all when legalized?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 PM

411 posts, read 963,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again- class act. I think this is a perfect example of long term pot use. Keep talking, as your diction and points support everything I have stated.

I am glad you consider yourself to be a tough guy. That is very cool and so frightening. I do not know of any adult who would enjoy a life of violence, or glorify it, unless you have never experienced it. It is not like the movies and is a horrible existence that many of the poor are forced into by necessity, not choice. Be careful of looking for a fight in alleys- most gang violence is directed toward taking care of buisness, but initiates look for "tough guys".
Funny thing.

I have never considered myself to be a "tough guy", others have. I'm a Marine, combat tested, tried and true. Got some holes in me to show ya how dumb I was at times. And it was not a silly lil' gangbanger that scored me. But then again, with all of yer edgamacation going fer you, you won't have to worry about stuff like that. BTW, asshat, I live and play in LOS ANGELES.
I profile. Yep. I profile. Saved some butts in the past and will in the future.
And I pack. So there it is.

Enjoy yer freedoms while they let you, these times are coming to an end and the likes of you will not know how to survive. (Natural Selection baby!) and I won't have to deal with you and yer kind.

Now it's time for dessert, avocados, walnuts and yogurt. Yum in the tum.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Well if you are against the pro marijuana movement and own an iphone, watch this

New iPhone App Helps You Buy Pot - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

An iphone app with all the places to buy it.

So Mr. or Dr. HE2009, pull that up on yer iphone and smoke it!

Now please, dump yer Apple stock and show us that you care!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM

A nice quick note from the HE2009 in my mailbox.

Never heard of your brother in law. He is not a physician in pain medicine. He may be an ancillary provider like a therapist or psychologist, but he is not a MD. It is too bad you are jealous of him. It must be hard to have successful relatives. They are probably embarassed as well.

I really loved your tough guy talk. I can tell you that distributers/dealers are never solo. They are the property of part of one of the gangs or are too small to care about. No one "goes in alleys" looking for fights. Violence is buisness related and is usually not random. No one walks anywhere and never alone. Anyone who did what you are bragging about would recieve punishment for being an idiot. I have never run across a real bad guy who looked for a fight without a reason. Martial arts don't mean crap. The toughest "MF" as you call it I saw was a 5' 4" mexican.

Don't fantasize about that stuff and pretend like it is good or "fun". It is mean and dirty and dangerous and anyone who is smart grows up and leaves it. I can tell you never lived the life and those who have do not think it is a good thing at all.

[+] Rate this post positively

You, my good sir are an Idiot. I gave you his name and place of employment. You, if you are what you say you are, have probably sat in on a couple of his classes. Heck, you might even have read one of his books.

And again what you know of the "Drug" biz is second hand at best, what you gleemed off of CNN or yer local news.

Whatever crystal castle you live in now will be gone shortly so enjoy it while you can.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I'd be glad to educate you.

Never claimed to be a tough guy.

But I am a survivor.

My family? What the hell do you know about my family. My family is the brothers and sisters I have in the United States Marine Corps.

Yeah we don't make a lot of money like you, ya hoity toity, but at least, when reality kicks in, we recognize it for what it is and live through it.

There is really nothing for me to be jealous of. I chose my path at 17. Who was wiping yer nose at that age?

I'm retired now and get to do really interesting jobs as an independent contractor/operator. Get to travel all over on the clients dime, when I WANT TO.

Well, in closing I've had some fun here but this guy is boring me to tears. The most un-original thinker on these here boards.

Time fer a snack, and that smoked salmon is calling my name.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,833,004 times
Oakland today passed a tax on LEGAL medical marijuana distributors (story in link):

The Associated Press: Oakland voters pass pot tax to boost city coffers

They should be at a higher level still if you ask me. Lets see how long it takes for the folks here to see money coming in before they will push for legalization.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,833,004 times
I wonder if these are the "green jobs" that are supposed to bring back our economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies