Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 03:14 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

@Mircea--Didn't want to quote your entire thread, but I was wondering what your source is for this information:

"As I have stated repeatedly, and to which none of dumbtards have been able to rebut, the WTC was slated for bid in 2004.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey moved up the bid schedule to October 1999."

As far as I recall, the city had been pushing the PA to sell the lease since the 90's when it began to make money, although there were other pushes to sell it prior to that (IT'S STILL NO SALE AT THE TRADE CENTER - NYTimes.com).

According to this article, they started seriously studying the idea in 1995:

World Trade Center Sale Is Reconsidered - NYTimes.com

By 1999, the buildings had been upgraded with upscale stores and eateries in the Concourse and was at 95% occupancy, virtually full in the real estate world, making it far more attractive to investors than in the past.

I just do not know of any reference that states that the sale was to be put off until 2004, so I'm wondering where you found that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Fail.

Obviously, you're not a school trained arson investigator like I am. If you knew what you were talking about, then you would know that on a standard temperature curve, it would take 90 minutes, and even after 90 minutes, it would only a mere 1 millimeter of deflection.

Read and weep:

I should also mention the fires never reached a temperature to degrade steel.

[/font][/color]

Displaying your grotesque ignorance again.

Had you even bothered to read any of the reports published by the government you would know that none of the planes were fully fueled. In fact the reports state that the no plane had more than 10,000 gallons, and the an estimated 3,000 gallons burned off in the fireball at impact.

That must be totally embarrassing for you.
[/font][/color]

That is a complete lie.

I'll use the SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering, 2nd Edition, 1995 (Page 3-197) which is what we used in school.

tb = 4V / pD2n
Where tb = burning duration of pool fire (sec)
V = volume of liquid (m3)
D = pool diameter (m)
n = regression rate (m/sec)

Calculation for Regression Rate
n = m"/r
Where n = regression rate (m/sec)
m" = mass burning rate of fuel (kg/m2-sec)
r = liquid fuel density (kg/m3)
n = 0.000067 m/sec

Burning Duration Calculation
tb = 4V/pD2n
tb = 196.43 sec 3.27 minutes

All that math is irrealavant, because thats assuming ALL the beams where there, before any damage to the beams by fire roughly 20% of them were knocked out by the Planes, so all that math is wrong. there would be enormous pressure on the beams so even very little weaking by the fire would have catistrophic effects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies