Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 PM

551 posts, read 855,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
We need both liberals and conservatives in government actually.

Whenever liberals ALWAYS get their way, bad things happen. Likewise, whenever conservatives ALWAYS get their way, bad things happen.
You know, I sort of almost finally agree with afoigrokerkok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
LOL, what a strange idea. Um no, what purpose would it serve to have a dictatorship?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
Quote:

Whenever liberals ALWAYS get their way, bad things happen. Likewise, whenever conservatives ALWAYS get their way, bad things happen.
Even if liberals are stupid, insane, and hate America?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I don't believe that.

I think both groups want to do what they think is best. Neither is usually completely correct.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:13 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,418 times
Quote:
I don't believe that.

I think both groups want to do what they think is best. Neither is usually completely correct.

Best for Who? Not us anymore that is for certain.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Is this thread to show us how open minded non-liberals are?
Maybe for the lack of consistency.
Liberals don't do anything right and only cause problems - suddenly no one wants to admit that?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM

439 posts, read 443,343 times
Quote:
I think there is a substantial (not a majority) number of liberals that do hate America.

Unfortunately it is that extreme left wing that is driving the Democratic party at the moment.

When will Democrat moderates get tired of the Jeremiah Wright/Bill Ayers wing of the party?

Not soon, probably.

The radicals on the left engineered the Obama victory by deceit and racial intimidation. (Does anybody doubt that if a white candidate with a thin resume like Obama's had run, he would have been laughed off the stage at the Democratic debates during the primaries instead of being treated as if he brought gravitas to the game?)

The moderates need the radical left to keep them in power.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:

Exactly....there has to be a middle ground for folks like me and if left wingers ruled only,I would be left out and if right wingers ruled,again I and the folks like me would be left out.

Get rid of the extremists from both parties and it would be a perfect country again

Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,956 times
Wouldn't there will always be extremist and it's what would be constituted as an extremist that would change?
Figure 1
(Point A) .___________.(Point B)
Figure 2
(Point A).___.(Point B)

Old 07-16-2009, 01:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Should Liberals Be Kept Out Of All Local, State, and National Government?
Some threads suggest that liberals are communists. One recent thread tried to make the case that liberalism is a psychological disorder.
If liberals are insane, never do anything right and are always wrong about everything all the time...if liberals have a secret agenda (either intentional or unintentional) to destroy America...should they be allowed to make any decisions for local, state, or national government?
If you don't want a liberal in government, don't vote for them. You don't have to give a reason why you don't want them. That is the great thing about our system. There is no need to justify your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies