Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Apparently, that isn't the only thing you "don't know" how to do.

So you want to play or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
So you want to play or not?
Nah...most of you bore me, to be honest.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't think you get it. It's about the COST of medical care w/out insurance or the COST of insurance when it's not provided to you by your employer. Or when you're turned down by Badger Care even though you make hardly any money. I'm totally baffled how people cannot see that this is indeed a huge problem.
People do get that this is a problem. You don't understand that this proposal is not going to be the answer to lowering costs. It is just SHIFTING costs. It will cut some seniors' healthcare and transfer it to 48 million other people. Obama himself siad that his plan was to be "budget neutral" when he first talked about it.

Sebelius screwed up last nite on the Daily Show and admitted that she can't verify if the goverment plan will be cheaper than the private plans. So what happened to decreasing costs? I bet it would have been cheaper to just expand the income limits for a s chip type program paid for by a cut of finacial assistance to foreign nations.

Even the CBO has stated that the plan will increase healthcare costs.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Coastal: I have NO idea what you're getting at.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Would you like to play high stakes poker with me using my cards and my rules? I wonder how long it would take for me to make you go broke, and I don't know how to play poker.
I have NO idea what you're getting at.[/quote]

Obama is that you? When did you join this board?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
What many people do not understand is that if you get your health coverage through a job then the company you work for decides what is covered and what is not. Example with our coverage now we are covered for almost any fertility treatment available but with my husbands old job we were not. It had nothing to do with the insurance company it is what his job said would be covered.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:54 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times

That was a quote malfunction.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yall act like there already isnt healthcare clinics in each county. I checked the one out for my country, It includes dental and meds.
Then there is the clinics that will see you if you dont qualify for that for only 100.00 dollars and does all that a regular hosp does.

So lets not act like there isnt choices.

I myself have been without health insurance and broke my wrist both bones and completely shattered one bone needing surgery. I was able to get my surgery , visit the doctor weekly get the weekly xrays to see how its healing and have the pins put in my wrist removed all without health insurance
Whay country do you live in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I myself have been without health insurance and broke my wrist both bones and completely shattered one bone needing surgery. I was able to get my surgery , visit the doctor weekly get the weekly xrays to see how its healing and have the pins put in my wrist removed all without health insurance
Who paid for it? Just maybe taxpayers? Is that is one of the choices that you reference? A type of welfare? People who have a credit score and a home can't make that choice. People in the middle with something to lose often go without or delay seeking treatment if they can't afford the care.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 07-16-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Would you like to play high stakes poker with me using my cards and my rules? I wonder how long it would take for me to make you go broke, and I don't know how to play poker.
I have NO idea what you're getting at.[/quote]

Insurance companies will have to play against the government plan. The government holds the cards and can change the rules at any time. Not to mention that private insurance companies have to make a profit, government can (and does) lose money year after year after year, just pushing it into the deficit for the next generations to deal with. A private company can't do that.

Private companies don't stand a chance and Barry knows it.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
What many people do not understand is that if you get your health coverage through a job then the company you work for decides what is covered and what is not. Example with our coverage now we are covered for almost any fertility treatment available but with my husbands old job we were not. It had nothing to do with the insurance company it is what his job said would be covered.
I am a small business owner and I oversee the health insurance we offer. Our company DOES NOT have the ability to decide what our insurance provider covers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies