Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:47 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,295,893 times

Advertisements

Oh...gun rights (should have added that one too). I am for the right to bear arms, even though I don't own any guns myself (yet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 04:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Second Amendment rights and I tend towards being pro life.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
I support the death penalty and the right to bear arms.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Conservative Republican here.

- Gay marriage (I couldn't care less what sex you are)
- Unemployment (To clarify though, I absolutely do NOT support welfare or foodstamps, but do support a very basic and strictly enforced unemployment system for those who REALLY need it. In my opinion the system needs to be overhauled to allow for unlimited unemployment benefits so long as the recipient can show legal proof they are actively applying for jobs and accept any job that comes available. Benefit amounts would be much lower than they currently are, only enough for basic food costs. Welfare/foodstamps would be eliminated all together and people on those programs would be forced onto the unemployment system provisionally to begin searching for work assuming they are physically capable. If they do not actively search, or are found cheating the system, they will become cut off from the system, no second chances.)

Old 07-19-2009, 05:27 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,270,097 times
I'm pretty ocnservative, but I do not support the War in Iraq, and think the US should take a more isolationist foreign policy. Domestically, I am very much in favor of smaller government and a flat/fair tax, and basically all the economic things conservatives are in favor of. However, honestly, I am quite apethetic towards social issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc. I can see both sides reasoning and would never base a vote off of these issues alone. I am very conservative in illegal immigration and environmental issues, though. The amnesty and global warming crowds really **** me off.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
I am a registered Democrat, but more of an independent in practice. I lean pro-life (though I can see the need at times for abortion), and I don't think anyone has to be rabidly pro-life to be opposed to late term abortions done for reasons other than saving the mother's life.

I'm not a big fan of the "victim" mentality.

I am a Christian.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:34 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
I am for big time welfare reform.
I am against illegal immigration.
I am a fiscal conservative... but social liberal.

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
I am a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT and I disagree with other liberals on these issues:
1. The 2nd Amendment and gun control. I am opposed to most gun control and I fully support the right to keep and bear arms.
2. The No Child Left Behind Act and school choice. I am for NCLB and, if a public school is failing or unsafe, I fully aupport the right of a parent to remove a child from that environment and transfer them to another public school that is safe and productive and, if none has a space, a suitable private school.
3. Crime. I have no problem with the death penalty as long as I am 100% certain of guilt, I think prisons should be hell holes reserved for violent offenders and I support the 3 strikes laws and habitual criminal acts for all felons (I would however do away with prison for first time non violent and drug offenders).

Old 07-19-2009, 06:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Conservative.

1. Drug laws are foolish and counter-productive.

2. Cultural issues I don't care who does what with whom as long as they can consent.

3. Favor immigration amnesty.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
I'm registered as a Democrat.

But:
I think our border with Mexico needs to be much stronger. I'd like to see a double-wall built along the entire border. The border should be airtight.

I believe English should be our official language.

I don't demonize people who drive SUVs.

I have mixed feelings about all of the environmental activism.

I'm against affirmative action.

I have mixed feelings about hate crime laws.

I believe there are differences between races and ethnicities. We're not all alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies