Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Obama made a lot of sense. As much as I am still not sure if this is the best approach, I am appalled by the GOP ignoramuses who say things like "there is nothing wrong with the current system". What decent, civilized, country in the world has over 47 million uninsured citizens? And these GOP idiots have the audacity to say that there is nothing wrong with the system. I may lose my job in the next month and I am not looking forward to losing my health insurance coverage, COBRA is a joke, so it is about time for reform, whatever that may entail.
Provide an example where a person on this form or in politics said there is nothing wrong with the current system. You cant because you made that quote up in your bitter partisian mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Obama made a lot of sense. As much as I am still not sure if this is the best approach, I am appalled by the GOP ignoramuses who say things like "there is nothing wrong with the current system". What decent, civilized, country in the world has over 47 million uninsured citizens? And these GOP idiots have the audacity to say that there is nothing wrong with the system. I may lose my job in the next month and I am not looking forward to losing my health insurance coverage, COBRA is a joke, so it is about time for reform, whatever that may entail.

I don't think Republicans want to do nothing. They want to wait until we are in a better place fiscally and to take the time to get it right for all not just to rush something through for the sack of doing it. With something so large and detailed as health care it can not be reformed in a month. Oh and there are many Dems that do not want this plan either.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I don't think Republicans want to do nothing. They want to wait until we are in a better place fiscally and to take the time to get it right for all not just to rush something through for the sack of doing it. With something so large and detailed as health care it can not be reformed in a month. Oh and there are many Dems that do not want this plan either.
Exactly. Too bad the Obamabots don't like to face the reality that not everyone is bowing down to this scoundral.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
How happy will you be when you are paying public option so those 20 million people who are uninsured because they don't mind taking a chance on needing it so they can afford nicer cars, fancier apartments and nice clothes. Oh yeah, they like to eat out every night. They stay away from that insurance so they can afford all that. Since they make up too close to 1/2 of the uninsured along with kids on SCHIP how will you like paying for them while they keep on partying? Oh yeah, he hasn't managed to get amnesty for those illegals that make up at least 10 million. sum gun all those numbers come to about 40 million of the uninsured and you do want to pay for the 20 million plus the 10 million soon to be amnestied illegals.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I know me..I also reside in reality where most fortunes are inherited no "acheived"..I do know a lot of real people who've acheived a lot(maybe not the almighty dollar) but have no health care.
You remind me of an employee of mine. Nice guy, means well, but so out of touch with the big picture. Always complaining about the "Rich People" but every time I offer him more responsibility he has so many excuses why he can't. I always remind him of what my mother taught me as a young man. "No such thing as Can't".

Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Provide an example where a person on this form or in politics said there is nothing wrong with the current system. You cant because you made that quote up in your bitter partisian mind.
Oh no, Obama said it tonight.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
And when is that time excatly since you all are into details(3rd time I've asked)? If the current plan is expanding the deficit, how excatly will waiting help?

Republicans are beholden to old ideas that don't work, the rich and the insurance companies.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM

[quote=Tank1906;9900350]Nothing to say either eh..lol. Because you know "several" that's how it is? LOL..I'm not envious, I have great healthcare and a great job. I just want everybody to have those opportunities. The "several" people you speak of stand to lose NOTHING.[quote]

How do you say that most of the privliaged inherited their wealth? There is nothing to back up that claim. And if you believe Obama is going to be the one to give the opportunities you speak of to everyone then you have to snap out of you hypnosis. Obama is a politician from Chicago. If that is where your faith is placed in terms of people lifting up their standard of living then I pray you do not represent the viewpoint of the majority of Americans.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Tank,
You are such a big fan of Obama. Be honest, was this conference one of his better ones?

I think he looked like he didn't want to be there. He made some comments during his answers that will lead to some discussion. One was when asked why senators can't have the plan, he intimated that it will be identical in quality to what the Sens get now. So why not put an ammendment to push all govt employees to the public plan to help save money?

Second comment was about extra tests, that they shouldn't be paid for. I don't know about you, but if I was diagnosed with cancer, I'd like to have a second opinion done via reading a second MRI of the tumor. Will his plan prevent second opinions?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
And when is that time excatly since you all are into details(3rd time I've asked)? If the current plan is expanding the deficit, how excatly will waiting help?

Republicans are beholden to old ideas that don't work, the rich and the insurance companies.
Can we not have 10% unemployment and be in debt to China for billions. GMAB you still have yet to answer how he is going to pay for this plan.

I am a republican and I am NOT rich nor do I want the system to remain the same but I also do not want us to get into a hole that we can't get out of because we rushed though some halfass plan.

So again tell me how Obama is going to pay for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies