Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does it seem like Obama is still campaigning and not governing?
yes 38 73.08%
no 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is just that a hoard of faux conservatives in this forum have a tendency to just buy into the lip service necessary during a campaign, and can't stand a leader who actually practices what he preached before getting elected.

Ostrich syndrome at its best.
Who might you be referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Why dissect his every move, fellas. It's just been six months. Wait and watch. Next year is the right time to complain.
They can't help it. They're like Veruca Salt..."But I want it NOW!"

Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
and just what exactly did george w do the ENTIRE time that he was in office. who could forget when he flew to florida on the taxpayers' dime to rescue terri schiavo from those evil ppl? everything Presidential is political. that's really not so hard to figure out.
Keep hiding behind the Bush.
Funny thing is the ratings for this infomercial will be nill. People are sick of the used car salesman telling us how great he is.
A one sided infomercial on his healthcare reform does not promote debate. It promotes an agenda that Obama wants to pass before people realize what is going on. The idea is to keep our heads buried in the sand and not see what is going on at the surface. The putrid ratings will prove Americans will not blindly follow a leader.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
They can't help it. They're like Veruca Salt..."But I want it NOW!"
And you guys are totally unable to ever question anything that Dear Leader ever does. Dear Leader appreciates your unconditional devotion. So there we are.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
And you guys are totally unable to ever question anything that Dear Leader ever does. Dear Leader appreciates your unconditional devotion. So there we are.
Talk about Ostrich syndrome.
I guarantee if we quizzed the liberals in here about the healthcare bill they would all fail miserably. Yet its the greatest bill in the history of American politics.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I guarantee if we quizzed the liberals in here about the healthcare bill they would all fail miserably. Yet its the greatest bill in the history of American politics.
I never said I knew all. Quite frankly, I'm pretty much a dumb as*. But I do know that Obama's getting out there & trying things instead of sitting on his as* complaining....you know, like so many on this forum.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:05 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Obama is quite the lobbyist.
And community organizer and only editor of the Harvard Law Review never to have published a paper.

He never even worked outside of government or community organizations. What a clown.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:08 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Personally, I am already getting a little tired of the "infomercials" I switch the channel when they are trying to sell me pills to make my manhood bigger, just as I switch the channels when he comes on and tried to sell his latest expensive project to us.

I think he isn't so much campaigning still, but trying to set his legacy, so we can all look back in 10 years and say "Obama did that."

..also, what happened to the "most transparent administration ever?" They sure do seem to keep a lot of things under wraps for being so transparent.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I never said I knew all. Quite frankly, I'm pretty much a dumb as*. But I do know that Obama's getting out there & trying things instead of sitting on his as* complaining....you know, like so many on this forum.
I m not directing at you personally. It is the conscensus among Obama supporters though that for some reason this bill must get passed NOW. When they hardly know a thing about it and the health care reform will take 5 years to kick in. I just believe many out there are getting the wool pulled over their eyes but what else is new in politics?
For the record I know next to nothing about this bill and have had no opinion on the specifics in the bill because of that fact.

PS I do agree- regardless of what is in the bill he is trying to get it done.

Last edited by cleanhouse; 07-22-2009 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-22-2009, 02:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Who might you be referring to?
You, and your kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I can't wait for those amusing questions. Shoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies