Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
some people do what they can to keep that the status quo and some do what they can to change it.
Are you calling me a name, without calling me a name, delu? If you are, shame on you. If you're not, say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Are you calling me a name, without calling me a name, delu? If you are, shame on you. If you're not, say so.
no, honey, Im making up slogans for my pompous-bumper-sticker empire.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What message is Obama sending out to LEOs?
That they are only worthy of a beer?
That civil servants are beer swilling simpletons easily won over with a beer?

Perhaps he should invite the Cambridge PD over for a fried chicken dinner.
With collards and cornbread? For that, I'd reconsider...

Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,833,452 times
He wants to meet for a beer? Exactly what is he trying to do here? Grandstand? Show us how he likes to be with the "little guys"?
The white guys not good enough for some of that expensive Japan imported beef the whitehouse is serving out to all his cronies?
This mans a joke (obamma) and to him American citizens are a joke with money to pay for his ideas of what Amerika will be some day.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:47 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
With collards and cornbread? For that, I'd reconsider...

mmm that does sound good.....

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
He wants to meet for a beer? Exactly what is he trying to do here? Grandstand? Show us how he likes to be with the "little guys"?
The white guys not good enough for some of that expensive Japan imported beef the whitehouse is serving out to all his cronies?
This mans a joke (obamma) and to him American citizens are a joke with money to pay for his ideas of what Amerika will be some day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What message is Obama sending out to LEOs?
That they are only worthy of a beer?
That civil servants are beer swilling simpletons easily won over with a beer?

Perhaps he should invite the Cambridge PD over for a fried chicken dinner.
Has nobody ever invited you out for a beer?

"Let's get a beer" is a way of saying "let's make up as friendly acquaintances." Then they would go their separate ways, though when they saw each other on the street afterward they'd smile and nod.

Having a beer is exactly the right connection these three men have. Patch up a quarrel among strangers who only cane to know each other through the quarrel..... to invite them to the WH in tuxedos for Kobe beef would be absolutely inappropriate.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:53 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is so refreshing to have a president who is an intellectual. The whole idea of meeting both Crowley and Gates for a beer is incredible. Obama makes you feel like he is a normal person, basically just one of us and we have made so much progress already. Compared to the Bush days, it seems like we have officially come out of the Dark Ages of that administration. It is great having a president who is smarter than me
I love what BILL COSBY said about the situation!

On a Boston radio program, entertainer Bill Cosby said he was shocked to hear the comment from the president.

To WZLC radio, he said, "If I'm the president of the United States, I don't care how much pressure people want to put on it about race, I'm keeping my mouth shut."

Right on Bill!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Funny isn't it that they said that Bush was the kind of guy you could go have a beer with and the left attacked it as being trailer trash, hicks, rednecks, uneducated bla bla bla. But their poser prez says it and it is like parting of the waters.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
it would let all three men see each other close up as human beings....good idea, or no?
It shouldn't be necessary. If that's what it takes for them to impute humanity to one another, one doesn't deserve to be in the Whithouse, one shouldn't be a cop and one shouldn't be permitted within a country mile of any school at any level.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Has nobody ever invited you out for a beer?

"Let's get a beer" is a way of saying "let's make up as friendly acquaintances."

Having a beer is exactly the right connection these three men have. Patch up a quarrel among strangers who only cane to know each other through the quarrel..... to invite them to the WH in tuxedos for Kobe beef would be absolutely inappropriate.
The President is not a friendly acquaintance and is back peddling after having insulted the Cambridge PD. Insulting one PO is the same as insulting the entire department. The President is adding further insult to injury whereas ALL civil servants are concerned. The implication is that civil servants should be placated with the offer of setting down to a beer as blue collar men and women don't know any better.

Obama should have offered an apology to the PO, and another to the Cambridge PD as well as invite them to the White House for a private tour during National Police Week as his guests.

As far as Kobe beef is concerned, that was another poster, not I.

Maybe Obama will have all the concerned parties as his guests when he vacays at the Vineyard. Much closer to home for them. Have a nice lobster bake instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies