Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times

Advertisements

I don't have a thing against Hispanics, I have a thing against anyone, no matter their race if they are here illegally. If the Canadians were flooding across the boarder then I would have a problem with them as well.

If you want to come here, do it legally, otherwise you need to stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The difference is, most of these kids have lived here most of their lives. For instance the 18 year old who has been here for 17 years of his life.

They speak fluent English, and very little spanish. So why all the pointing out about language in this case? Its got nothing to do with the argument for the dream act.
If they speak fluent English then why on earth all the signs in Spanish going up everywhere, the need to Oprima Uno para Espanol, Dos para Ingles, and all the billions of dollars wasted on Spanish classrooms? Why all the Spanish television channels, radio stations? Why all the job ads that require Spanish fluency, (no Americans need apply), Why would there be so much opposition to the English language by the La Raza groups?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't have a thing against Hispanics, I have a thing against anyone, no matter their race if they are here illegally. If the Canadians were flooding across the boarder then I would have a problem with them as well.

If you want to come here, do it legally, otherwise you need to stay home.

Agree 100%!

Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
My husband is hispanics and no one in his family is pro illegal. He gets upset with illegals because it is giving all hispanics that came here legally a bad name and rep. My husband was born here
Exactly! Those who are fed up with illegal immigration come from all racial backgrounds including hispanic and it is not just the "racist" whites as the pro-illegals try to make it out to be. Also, there are TONS of democrats and folks who are considered leftist that are against illegal immigration as well, such as Lindsey M, etc.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 PM

125 posts, read 140,783 times
I just can't stand seeing illegals getting handed to them what Americans have to work for. There are American children wanting a break for collage but can't get it because they're not considered a minority. Americans should be taken care of first. It's almost like they are trying to push us out of our own country. I'm not going anywhere.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If they speak fluent English then why on earth all the signs in Spanish going up everywhere, the need to Oprima Uno para Espanol, Dos para Ingles, and all the billions of dollars wasted on Spanish classrooms? Why all the Spanish television channels, radio stations? Why all the job ads that require Spanish fluency, (no Americans need apply), Why would there be so much opposition to the English language by the La Raza groups?
I hear more Spanish spoken in the local Sears store than English. Bilingual signs hang in many stores.

If we do this for Spanish speakers, it should be done for all foreign languages. Why should we discriminate against those who speak Mandarin, Greek, Urdo, French, etc.?

Diversity has a lot in common with division.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:16 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I hear more Spanish spoken in the local Sears store than English. Bilingual signs hang in many stores.

If we do this for Spanish speakers, it should be done for all foreign languages. Why should we discriminate against those who speak Mandarin, Greek, Urdo, French, etc.?

This is why we need to establish English as a national official language ASAP.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This is why we need to establish English as a national official language ASAP.
I agree ... Too many jobs are requiring folks to be bilingual in Spanish/English and that places anyone who doesn't speak Spanish at a disadvantage (including African Americans and other minorities). Heck! Not every legal hispanic can speak Spanish so they are also at a disadvantage job-wise too.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Exactly. I know tons of Hispanic Americans. The vast majority are frustrated with the illegal immigration problem more so than virtually any non-Hispanic person I know.
Yes because they are now being accussed of being illegal or questioned are you legal simply because they are hispanic.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Precisely...I was hoping someone would make that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies