Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Evidently you know a lot more about NAMBLA than the FBI does, which has been monitoring them since at least 1983 and has never brought a single criminal or civil complaint against the organization.

Or maybe you're just full of s*** you heard from O'Reilly.
And maybe you advocate the predatory activities of pedophiles! The 'free exchange of ideas' stops cold with me when people start talking about seducing my son into 'man/ boy love'! Just because these goblins won a court case does not make their activities right. YOU are the one who is full of s*** pard. Take it down a thousand or so. I can actually have an intelligent conversation with folks like AUM,but you go to far. Speaking of the Devil, I hear the rustle of his wings AUM, I understand what your saying, the old'slippery slope' thing, and I see the dangers of restricting our rights, I see what you are trying to say. Bear in mind that ANYTHING said that is presented in a public forum, is subject to public scrutiny, people who simply TALK about armed revolution against the govt, or talk about violent activities are often waking up to the blacked out SUV's in their yards. To me, this whole pedophile sex talk thing is no different. Worse in my view. Despite what a certain advocate of child /adult sex on here says, it is dangerous ground to protect these goblins. I will grant that there is a considerable amount of emotion behind my view of this, with good reason. 96 pounds of tow headed and good lookin' little cowboy being at the top of my 'reasons list'. I shudder to think about some predator, talking about seeing my son at the fair one day and what he would like to do to him.,and wrapping himself in the1st amendment. Fact, if I heard the creep, he would,not see another sunrise, 'free speech' aside.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-05-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Fact, if I heard the creep, he would,not see another sunrise, 'free speech' aside.
I understand your strong emotions about it, but I think that laws and penalties should be determined based on rationality, not vengefulness.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I understand your strong emotions about it, but I think that laws and penalties should be determined based on rationality, not vengefulness.
The logic of this is undeniable man. I neither can, nor will, attempt to refute you. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said. I guarantee, I would see plum red, lose it, and break someones neck with my bare hands in a situation such as I described. It's not vengeance, it's pure parental protectiveness. Instinct, base and simple. Now, this statement is subject to public scrutiny, I have made a threat of violence, hypothetical though it may be. Under current law, in some locations, I could be arrested, prosecuted, and punished for this. Even if aquitted, my legal bills have put me into bankruptcy, is that proper? For the mre IDEA of mashing some goblin, who had a well financed group backing him with a fleet of lawyers waving the first amendment? How is these pedophile groups talking about seducing peoples kids any different, besides high profile court cases, backed by glory seeking lawyers, with a big bankroll and an point to prove any different?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

40 posts, read 56,541 times
You pinko commies will try to sneak it in and make it a most move bill i know for a fact (inside source) its not going to past thank God for that! : )

Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Now, this statement is subject to public scrutiny, I have made a threat of violence, hypothetical though it may be. Under current law, in some locations, I could be arrested, prosecuted, and punished for this. Even if aquitted, my legal bills have put me into bankruptcy, is that proper?
Yes, if you broke the law.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
And maybe you advocate the predatory activities of pedophiles! The 'free exchange of ideas' stops cold with me when people start talking about seducing my son into 'man/ boy love'
Don't know how old your son is, but a gay man of my acquaintance still speaks fondly of cruising the streets of Montreal at age 14 looking for c***. Needless to say, the seducer/seduced line is more complicated than folks like you are used to allowing into your narrow little brains.

Quote:
Just because these goblins won a court case does not make their activities right.
They didn't "win a court case"; the authorities have never brought one because they know there is no case they could win. Some ambulance-chasing religious-right attorneys did bring a wrongful death action in a murder case that dragged on for eight years despite having zero, repeat, zero merit. Sorry, but free speech includes NAMBLA. Deal with it.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:27 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeItalian007 View Post
You pinko commies will try to sneak it in and make it a most move bill i know for a fact (inside source) its not going to past thank God for that! : )
still waiting for the names of those senators who told you that there were sexual behaviors listed in the bill. i've read the bill. have you? it's short.

also: wha?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There are lots of federal laws that duplicate or override state laws.
Which, of course, isn one of the biggest problems with the overgrown, overspending, overreaching federal (now national) government. It needs to be pared down, not built up more.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
They didn't "win a court case"; the authorities have never brought one because they know there is no case they could win. Some ambulance-chasing religious-right attorneys did bring a wrongful death action in a murder case that dragged on for eight years despite having zero, repeat, zero merit. Sorry, but free speech includes NAMBLA. Deal with it.
Almost anything related to homosexuality is used as a cultural and political football - especially by Republicans. They know that just saying things like "gay marriage" and "NAMBLA" will excite the Evangelical and cultural conservatives in their base. It's how they're also able to convince them that a hate crime law protecting people based on sexual orientation is really a disguised attempt to protect pedophiles.

Conservatives haven't changed much since the 1970s when Anita Bryant used the same types of arguments to campaign against protecting people from being fired for being gay.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Don't know how old your son is, but a gay man of my acquaintance still speaks fondly of cruising the streets of Montreal at age 14 looking for c***. Needless to say, the seducer/seduced line is more complicated than folks like you are used to allowing into your narrow little brains.

Welcome to my iggy list. Your the first. Such cretinish drivel . Go hang with your MAMBLA buddy's, somewhhere FAR away from me and mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies