Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
So Obama = Bush is your defense.

Good job.
Pssh. Nice try.

I simply pointed out that there is precedence for "czars" to be appointed by presidents in the US (the practice actually dates back to the 60's or 70's), and that all of this false outrage over Obama's appointment of said czars is ridiculous, considering the fact that Bush (the most recent former president) appointed many of his own czars, as well, and no one b*tched and moaned about it then. Probably because it's not nearly as big a deal as the b*tchers and moaners would like people to think it is.

The fact that I used Bush as an example, due to his being the most recent former president who also engaged in "czar" appointment, does not equate Bush with Obama. For you to deduce such is rather obtuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM

108 posts, read 113,523 times
Well I don't remember any of the Bush Czars recommending forced sterilization or that they were self proclaimed communist, and how about taking orders from Obamas appointees that can't even pay their own taxes telling us that they have to raise ours to pay for their spending. Boy Obama's doing one heck of a job. If he hires anymore of his buddies from Chicago the city won't have anyone left to run for office.At $140,000. X 34 he could save the Tax payers alot of money and downsize the Government if he just got rid of them. I hope they start an investigation on his connection to them all.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:49 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredElizabeth View Post
Well I don't remember any of the Bush Czars recommending forced sterilization or that they were self proclaimed communist, and how about taking orders from Obamas appointees that can't even pay their own taxes telling us that they have to raise ours to pay for their spending. Boy Obama's doing one heck of a job. If he hires anymore of his buddies from Chicago the city won't have anyone left to run for office.At $140,000. X 34 he could save the Tax payers alot of money and downsize the Government if he just got rid of them. I hope they start an investigation on his connection to them all.
Do you actually believe any of the utter nonsense you've written?

How sad for you.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
"The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that's what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United States." -- Sen. Barack Obama, March 31, 2008

to say that president obama failed to follow through on this promise is an understatement.........

Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM

108 posts, read 113,523 times
befriend, YES I ACTUALLY DO! I Think if more people had paid attention to what he was saying during his campaign, I don't think the Democratic Party would have selected him. HE BOUGHT HIS WAY TO THE WHITE HOUSE.He's nothing but a radical raciest hates White Or Rich People.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Can we merge this with the other czar threads? I mean really, is there any reason why we need another thread on this topic?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:38 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Do you actually believe any of the utter nonsense you've written?

How sad for you.
He is actually right

Old 08-05-2009, 02:44 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Let's all not foget about the young boy from Chicago that used to pal around with the President who is riding his coat tails to the Illinois senate. He was so close to our dear President that he even attended Wright's church along side him and also played nice business games with Rezko and Ayers. Heck, this young lad even came up with a streamlined idea of how to play a harmless shell game with tax dollars to pay for some of his buddies' (Obama, Rezko, Ayers) realestate projects.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Is this a shadow government? Not reviewed, vetted, confirmed by the Congress.

What is the point?
vicky, the point is to have one person who represents each group...kinda like Congress....you've heard of that probably

Old 08-05-2009, 02:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
See the five similar threads listed at the bottom of these pages? Please, please, time to merge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies