Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Very odd. A subdued Glenn Beck asks his viewers to remain calm and not turn violent. What could have provoked this?

Beck implores viewers to not turn violent: "Just one lunatic like Timothy McVeigh could ruin everything"
Subdued??? Why do you say "subdued"? Or is that what it says in the link?

And why is it "odd"? I don't find it "odd".

I watched the show. I heard him say this. It was right after Judge Andrew Napolitano reported on the August 1st "Tea Party" in Columbus, OH, where he spoke. The judge mentioned how energized the people were, and that the police told him that they estimated the crowd was 8-10 thousand people (the "mainstream" press, those that mentioned the event, reported "about 300" LOL).

Gelnn said he was excited and encouraged by what has been taking place at the "grass roots" level. But, he added, that it is important that we remain peacful at all times. He said (I'm paraphrasing), one lunitic could spoil the momentum and destroy our efforts.

In a nutshell, that is all he said. He simply stressed the importance of our activism remaing peaceful.

Why do you think there was something more? You obviously do not watch his show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
If he had to say that on his show, then he has no business on TV.
Oh, give me a break! Why?

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by holdmeback
First, I'm impressed a lefty would watch Glen Beck since you are mis-informed about him being a republican. Second, he hates the fringes on both sides, and he was talking about being disrespectful.
I know. Taking a gun to a congressman is just plain rude! Some people just have no manners.

BTW..who here said he was a Republican? Of course he isn't. He's a weirdo and a nut. Then again....

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Very odd. A subdued Glenn Beck asks his viewers to remain calm and not turn violent. What could have provoked this?

Beck implores viewers to not turn violent: "Just one lunatic like Timothy McVeigh could ruin everything"

It's only a matter of time before they become violent. Then Beck will sit back and ask why.

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:

Apparently even his bosses feel he is inciting Treason

870 posts, read 1,627,238 times
Quote:

i must have missed the shows when he promoted violence .

Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM

500 posts, read 910,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
It's the left, not the right, that likes to blow things up.
Iraqis and Blackwater agree, dope.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I happened to watch the broadcast and he didn't say that but what matters is someone said he said that.

He never used the terms "homicidal" or "rampages".

But perhaps Homeland Security can fire up a "Peoples Committee for the Preservation of Domestic Peace" and appoint a Truth Czar with the power to decide who can be on television.
I watched the show too, and you are exactly right. I don't recall him usine either of those words.

It's another left wing attempt to make Beck look bad.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
First, I'm impressed a lefty would watch Glen Beck since you are mis-informed about him being a republican. Second, he hates the fringes on both sides, and he was talking about being disrespectful.
He didn't watch. Otherwise, he would know what Glenn said.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by nononseneguy
Gelnn said he was excited and encouraged by what has been taking place at the "grass roots" level. But, he added, that it is important that we remain peacful at all times. He said (I'm paraphrasing), one lunitic could spoil the momentum and destroy our efforts.

In a nutshell, that is all he said. He simply stressed the importance of our activism remaing peaceful.

Why do you think there was something more? You obviously do not watch his show.
Quote:
Oh, give me a break! Why?
If there was no concern about Tim McVeigh level violence, then he wouldn't have had to say that; or even mention McVeigh. And any broadcaster that feels the need to issue that kind of disclaimer to his listeners is irresponsible and has no business being on the air. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies