Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 40,873 times

Advertisements

will be reposted as html is stuck in post and showing up. thanks

Last edited by mystcstar; 09-07-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: html is showing up in post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I happened to watch the broadcast and he didn't say that but what matters is someone said he said that.

He never used the terms "homicidal" or "rampages".

But perhaps Homeland Security can fire up a "Peoples Committee for the Preservation of Domestic Peace" and appoint a Truth Czar with the power to decide who can be on television.
dont give them any ideas!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's only a matter of time before they become violent. Then Beck will sit back and ask why.
Beck has no "encoded message of violence to his fans." No one is becoming violent. All of this garbage is a mere attack on Beck to try to get him for something he never did.

He has turned up more dirt, on dems, in his show then most dems can handle. We do not deserve to have a self renounced communist hold the ear of our President! Beck is right and he did well last week on Van Jones and his passed.

However I dont believe all I read. I dont like Jones but I do believe he did sign that petition in error without reading it. Jones is still a communist and this 9-11 truther petition was the icing on the cake.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I watched the show too, and you are exactly right. I don't recall him usine either of those words.

It's another left wing attempt to make Beck look bad.

I saw this show. He said something at the end of the show. Its because of the boycott on Beck. He did nothing wrong, he is not making people "snap" though the left would love to think so.

Beck is doing well and the left want him off the air. Jones is a perfect example.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What makes you think "he was told to go on and say this"?

I hate to say it (not really) but this is so typical. Why don't you listen to Glenn Beck yourself? Then you won't have to make any guesses about anything he said, and you would know that the OP was getting his info from someplace other than the original source: The Glenn Beck Show.

Well said thank you!!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,910,743 times
The Glen Beck moshing pit. be afraid. be very afraid.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,230,608 times
I do watch the Glenn Beck show, and he consistently talks about how "mad we are', and how terrible the government is, or how we aren't going to take the government trouncing our rights anymore, we are going to fight!. He consistently exagerates facts to suite his agenda.

The only reason he has become so popular lately is because the Republicans have become a laughing stock, so people can sit behind Beck and say how great he is because he is a libertarian not a republican! Did you also know he was a mormon? All you disgraced republicans jumping on the libertarian bandwagon need to actually learn what a libertarian is, theres more to it than not liking free healthcare.

Libertarians don't believe that the government should have any input in peoples lives. That means they would allow abortions, gay marraiges, stem cell research, drugs wouldn't be illegal, wouldn't have to wear your seat belt. They don't want to be involved in international politics and would like to greatly shrink the military budget. No more foreign bases. No more supporting Israel. You can kiss that country goodbye.

Well thats a real libertarian, Glenn Beck the mormon of course has own agenda. So he really only focuses on the things that republicans want to hear, lets lower(or at least no raise) taxes, and WE NEED OUR GUNS. And you idiots eat it up.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Beck

Sorry but I believe your wrong, Nancy Genovese had nothing to do with this. I decided to re-visit some of the blogs with threads regarding the wrongful arrest of Nancy Genovese.

Beck had absolutely nothing to do with my spur of the moment decision to pull over to the side of the road and take a few pictures of the old display chopper, on my way home from the shooting range.

Just this week a veteran, a marine for 8 years, was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Arrested in Jan., received NO bail, he spent 4 months in jail awaiting trail, no priors, but "because of his military training is a danger to society." I am hearing those exact words being used for almost all veterans arrested when there are firearms involved, across the country.

With today's technology there is no reason why anyone with a clean record, should be denied bail. This is still the USA! The fact that excessive bail or no bail is frequently put upon any American should scare all of you to death.

I have lots of good news in my unconstitutional arrest and detention. Westhampton Beach News - Trespassing charges dropped against East Quogue woman arrested near ANG base; wrongful arrest lawsuits filed - 27east there are two pages.

Publication: The Southampton Press

Trespassing charges dropped against East Quogue woman arrested near ANG base; wrongful arrest lawsuits filed

By Will James
Nov 30, 09 9:26 AM

You see, people, these arrests will become more frequent. These unconstitutional arrests started, slowly, with the label, "right wing extremist" put out by this administration last year.

Today the FBI is comparing "right wing" leaning Americans to AL-Quieta!! The link is below.

The arrests across the country rapidly increased with little evidence, people, are being arrested and smeared by the media and law enforcement. This is what is needed to justify more funding to DHS.

This is what is needed to keep the American people in a state of fear, making all wonder if the soccer mom, or your neighbor, is really a terrorist.
This is whats needed to "prove the label to be correct."

IMHO, there will be many more of these false arrests for 2010. Law enforcement has their backs covered. What the DA does is offer a plea. If you take that plea you lose your right to sue for wrongful arrest. Most people do not have the $35,000.00 in their checking accounts to say, "I want a trial."

So they take the plea, even if they didn't do anything wrong. In my case I paid for the trail. I could not live with the lie of taking a plea, taking the easy way out.

This is a link to today's article.
FOXNews.com - Mueller: Home-Grown Extremists as Threatening as Al Qaeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I'm thinking that Nancy Genovese is behind this.

I started a thread on this the other day but nobody responded:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nger-goes.html

Old 04-17-2010, 10:28 PM

Why is Timothy McVeigh always brought up when there are arrests and firearms are shown on TV? The responsible firearm owner is not to be compared to him. I doubt he was a member of the NRA, I doubt he took regular NRA rated instructions, I doubt he kept up on any firearms laws.

The guy was just nuts, you cant blame anyone for his actions except McVeigh! We are all responsible for our own actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I'm thinking that Nancy Genovese is behind this.

I started a thread on this the other day but nobody responded:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nger-goes.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
But here's what I don't get: Why does he even feel he has to regularly remind his viewers not to resort to violence? That tells me that a sizeable part of his audience is unstable and potentially dangerous, and that something he's saying is--dare I say it?--inciting them to think about getting violent.

I still say that if a commentator has to regularly say that to his audience, to remind them of Timothy McVeigh, then there's something horribly wrong with the picture.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 PM

31 posts, read 26,374 times
Default Well actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The left also get their thrills by changing/rearranging the letters of Fox News. Just like 10-year-olds like to do!
When it comes to being childish name calling, I'm pretty sure the folks on the right are way ahead of the folks on the left. You can't drive down a single street without seeing a picture of the President with a Hitler mustache, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies