Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm pointing out hypocrisy, Snake. On one side of your mouths, right-wingers complain about government spending their money. On the other side, you have no problem with insurance companies spending your money. If you were consistent, I'd take you seriously. As it stands, you're nothing more than partisan hacks.

(Interestingly, when a right-winger complains, it's never worded as "our" tax money. It's always "my" money. Telling. Very telling.)

*smooch!*

(Obama isn't my idol. Don't be a douchebag by making things up.)
The difference is that if I don't pay the government that money, I am jailed. If I don't pay the insurance company that money, I just don't get coverage.

And yes, I refer to it as "my money". As for call it "our" money, it IS telling......kind of like communism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
I'm wrong? Are you claiming I'm not familiar with those who inhabit my area? What an odd thing to claim. Tell me Zippy, what are the people like where I live?

Hahaha Zippy? That's cute!

Im so sorry. I'm sure you know everybody in your town. You all share your views with each other on daily bases.
Zippy! hahaha

Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Obama did what?

If he paid people to show up at rallies, and then claimed it was grassroots, that's just as wrong. Show me what he did.
You didnt see the careerbuilder ad Obama had out?

We use to have a rally every night for the final 2 weeks here for McCain and there was always paid Obama supporters at them.

Rudy came to a rally here down the street and there were paid Obama supporters standing out there.

You seriously didnt know that? They didnt deny it.

I thought everyone had seen the ad with careerbuilder

His grassroots movement was paid So why cant the RNC do it

Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
here's one:

Fosters.com, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-their-4.html (post 36, I believe).
Are you referring to the Letters to the Editor piece as your source?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post

Im so sorry. I'm sure you know everybody in your town. You all share your views with each other on daily bases.
Zippy! hahaha
I personally like hearing Sparky more. Zippy doesn't sound as cool as a convenient out for those who have no debate style.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Are you referring to the Letters to the Editor piece as your source?
I am. She was there, she saw it, and and felt strongly enough about it that she was compelled to write and sign her name to the letter.

It's as good as, if not better, than carefully scripted media articles.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Yeah, it is. Thanks.

Quote:
Zippy! hahaha
I never claimed I knew everyone in my city. That would be foolish. However, having lived here my entire adult life (31 years), I know just a tad more about the political climate than you do. Wouldn't you agree, Zipmeister?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Right! Maybe I should move to North Korea. One interesting factor about these people is that they almost always have a Southern accent. This lady brought her own birth certificate to the townhall meeting LOL I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK! The response was "Ma'am, if you are referring to the president, he is a citizen of the United States" LOL
I guess you have never been to california then or washngton sates. tons of them marching all the time. In London they actually have palces i parks for them to speak. While i don't like them getting out of hand ;since the 60's that is the only way they get noticed amoung the different groups.It all started with the war protest in vietnam. Deomcracy i action really has long as they don't get voiolent like in the 60's and even now in riots ;burning and looting.Whtch whe they have a G8 or world bank meeetings for violent protest form the left.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The difference is that if I don't pay the government that money, I am jailed. If I don't pay the insurance company that money, I just don't get coverage.
Huh? This doesn't make sense. Spending is spending. If you paid a plumber to fix your sink and instead he gambled the money, would you accept his excuse of "You didn't have to pay me in the first place?"

Quote:
And yes, I refer to it as "my money". As for call it "our" money, it IS telling......kind of like communism?
Communism? What on earth are you talking about? We all pay taxes. That's why it's our money. It has nothing to do with communism.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM

52,707 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Save your tissues. You may need them yourself. They are indeed being paid.

Check this out:

From Fosters Daily Democrat, a large eastern NH newspaper.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-their-4.html See post #36.
uh, that reference ends up at a letter to the editor complaining about harassment by obama's paid SEIU goons

Quote:
We were immediately obstructed by a bunch of guys wearing purple SEIU (Service Employees International Union) T-shirts. They shouted and harassed us for the hour, refused to speak with us, and as soon as we left, they dispersed.
Quote:
I learned that he is from Trinidad, he is not a citizen, and that he is paid to do this "volunteer" work.
Similar bands of SEIU "volunteers" were present at every New Hampshire rally location on July 17.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies