Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times

Advertisements

May God embrace the children and have mercy on her ( The Mother ) soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
May God embrace the children and have mercy on her ( The Mother ) soul.
The kids were young and they probably went to Heaven but she may be in Hell right now. In fact, I would bet she is in Hell right now!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:18 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No kidding - there are MANY elected officials who have been charged with and even convicted of drunk driving, many while in office even. Many continue to get reelected.
A couple of years ago in my area (northern NJ) the police chief of one town was drunk and hit and injured a bicyclist in another town. He was fighting those charges for about two or three years, calling in all his buds to delay the process. Finally after public outcry he plead guilty.

Meanwhile the poor guy who was hit is treated as though he is completely insignificant through this whole thing.

Like I said, I'm in New Jersey. They're in the process of arresting mayors, councilpersons, and their friends right now, left and right for assorted crimes. Some of them have been in office for a decade and keep getting reelected. The sad part is that it's just going to be so a fresh new group of crooks can move in.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Just wondering, why is this in the politics forum?
The subforum is politics AND OTHER CONTROVERSIES!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The laws for punishment are way too lenient for those who hurt or kill people while operating a motor vehicle while impaired. Get tore up and shoot some one, 20 to life...get tore up and run some one over with a 4,000 pound hunk of steel, 5 years. Unless the make things harsher it's just going to keep happening.
I agree. I learned that someone I know killed someone while driving drunk about 25 years ago. I also knew he did about 18 months in jail. Turns out he didn't do the time for the drunk driving death--that was just a fine. The jail time was for taking a hammer to a bartender's head who had cut him off for the night.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it was actually even worse than 10 drinks; she had a BAC of 0.19, plus the equivalent of ten drinks that had yet to be metabolized [e.g., hadn't reached her bloodstream].
No wonder the car burst into flames! She must have been the worlds biggest loser to drive drunk and stoned with kids in the car.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You don't understand how America works my friend! You have to learn that the LAWS are only meant to punish the working people of America. The rich class and the political class can do as they please. After all a fine and higher insurance is not go9ing to bother them.
But if I get caught with a DUI, my job will likely be terminated even if it was on my own time in my own vehicle. This is very well spelled out by company policy because I drive a company vehicle. Therefore I should not only be punished once but twice for the offense while the rich are really not punished at all.
Don't drive drunk and you won't have to worry about it.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:26 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Everybody is talking about drunk drivers. She was high too!! High drivers are just as stupid as drunk drivers (although I foresee some ignorant stoner on CD saying they drive better high )
That's because you've never done any drugs and can't really weigh an opinion.

Generally people that are stoned and drive are freaked out so they go under the speed limit. There is an awareness of what is going on. Generally drunk drivers don't give a damn and drive fast/swerve/etc. There is a layer of fear with weed that does not exist with alcohol.

Different drugs, different effects. Not that I'm advocating driving high but I can understand how that's easier to handle then driving drunk.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
That's because you've never done any drugs and can't really weigh an opinion.

Generally people that are stoned and drive are freaked out so they go under the speed limit. There is an awareness of what is going on. Generally drunk drivers don't give a damn and drive fast/swerve/etc. There is a layer of fear with weed that does not exist with alcohol.

Different drugs, different effects. Not that I'm advocating driving high but I can understand how that's easier to handle then driving drunk.
I used to do both when I was young, but now I don't because it is not cool. There is no excuse for driving under the influence of either

Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
I used to do both when I was young, but now I don't because it is not cool. There is no excuse for driving under the influence of either
I never said there was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies