Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:22 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,071,557 times

Advertisements

Bush made the patriot act and the anti-terrorism act which are somewhat "Stalinish", considering it is permitted to spy on the citizens without due process.

Obama hasn't really done anything of the sort since in office. Although social liberalism could be improved. I want to see thousands of newly wed gays prancing down the street in every conservative city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
No, Obama is more "Stalinish". Hitler killed his 6 million, while Stalin killed his 10 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,187,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, and 9/11 was Bush's fault because it happened while he was President.

I think your partisan eyeglasses are blinding you.
No they're not. The economy collapsed after the housing bubble popped. And it is undisputed that the main reason behind the bubble was banks approving loans to people that couldn't pay. And it was the Democrats who pushed the banks to change the way they were doing business for the past 70 years, because supposedly their way was discriminatory.

Also, Bush had the technology bubble, plus the economic damage of 9/11, and somehow managed to restore the economy back then without spending trillions of dollars. The DOW was above 13,000 in 2006!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:49 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,750,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
No they're not. The economy collapsed after the housing bubble popped. And it is undisputed that the main reason behind the bubble was banks approving loans to people that couldn't pay. And it was the Democrats who pushed the banks to change the way they were doing business for the past 70 years, because supposedly their way was discriminatory.

Also, Bush had the technology bubble, plus the economic damage of 9/11, and somehow managed to restore the economy back then without spending trillions of dollars. The DOW was above 13,000 in 2006!
Okay, okay. So you believe Republicans can do no wrong and Democrats can do no right. Got it!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 AM

539 posts, read 701,981 times
Quote:
Let's not forget all comparisons between Bush and Hitler.

I wonder how many lefties in these forums are going to condemn the comparison?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 AM

539 posts, read 701,981 times
they had their 8 years making Bush a devil..now they turn on sarah palin...but what really angers them..we are better at this than they are..

Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,674,447 times
Giggles is a total Communist...how many Czars has he hired?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,072,631 times
Quote:
And, again, sanrene: I'm not falling for that trap of providing "evidence" you repeatedly ask for. I have spent far too much time in the past on this forum, providing you with requested "evidence," only to have you ignore it and disappear.
And yet...here you are, wasting time responding. Apparently, you don't have enough time to post your evidence. Just admit it - you have none.

Quote:
I'm very "honest" with myself: Do you not understand that these "many, many people" constitute a very distinct minority of right-wing extremists? I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's simply the truth.
Well, according to the polls, all of them, obamacare is NOT at all popular, in fact the more we see the details, the less there is to like. That is just fact.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM

6 posts, read 8,543 times
It is typical of extremist groups, who cannot win over people through reason, to resort to violence or threats of violence. Almost every totalitarian government in the last 100 years, was the result of violence by extremist groups - the Bolsheviks in Russia, the Nazis in Germany, the Taliban in Afghanistan, etc...

Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,255,020 times
The Left-wing "MOB"; Real examples of mob behavior...

I just found the link you provided at Prof. Reynold's place and was going to post here. Good post. These people need to be reminded of who they really are.

Tried to give points but the C-D won't let me.

And from the SF Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/17/politics/p185733D40.DTL&type=politics - broken link), on the Bam's campaign trail....
Quote:
... Obama tried to anticipate his critics and called on the crowd of about 1,500 to sharpen their elbows, too.

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.' If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.' You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case."

Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,153,099 times
Quote:
Obama's attitude so far is my way or the highway. And everything has to be approved NOW! Didn't have time to read the stimulus bill? Doesn't matter, it had to be approved right away. It took him months to find a dog for his daughters, but the healthcare reform bill has to be approved in weeks. He has spent in 6 months more than what Bush spent in his entire presidency. And that's saying a lot since Bush wasn't exactly fiscally conservative.

The lefties want to accept everyone as long as they think like they do.
What planet are you from? Obama is the antithesis of Bush's attitude. Obama is not pressing for things to get done because it's his way or the highway, he's pressing for laws to get passed to help us out of our collective misery. Ever heard of a sense of urgency? Obama is completely willing to negotiate while Bush could not even spell the word!

Finally, don't make broad generalizing assumptions about "lefties" when you can't think straight. I can't stand it when people assume they understand their ideological opposite. Conservatives really know little about liberals and vice versa.

As an aside, can we stop with the "them" stuff please? It's not THEM, it's not THEIR fault. It's OUR problem. And people don't help any issue at all when they refuse to acknowledge their responsibility for the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies