Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama that Americans should start informing on other Americans?
Yes 6 6.74%
No 23 25.84%
No. This is another thing that will backfire on Obama and the Democrat Party. 55 61.80%
The White House is requesting Americans to inform on other Americans. Obama has nothing to do with it. 0 0%
Other 5 5.62%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes, this idea reminds me of the time Bush and Cheney suggested that people keep an eye on each other for unusual activities as a way to discover terrorists.
Uh..where did Bush or Cheney for that matter formally ask the American public to send them links or websites and e-mails for them to evaluate.

Oh they didn't! Nice try

Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes, this idea reminds me of the time Bush and Cheney suggested that people keep an eye on each other for unusual activities as a way to discover terrorists.

Ah yes see something say something. Would you rather see something don't say anything and hope it doesn't explode?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:53 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm confused, as usual.

Opponents of Obama are spreading blatant lies about the health care legislation in an attempt to incite fear (much like they spread lies about Obama himself during the campaign).

Should the White House ignore these lies, or try to control misinformation and provide the facts?

Should I assume that you support lying and the spreading of lies, so long as it serves your political agenda?

I can't imagine this is the party of values I have heard so much about. You're defending blatant lies.
It's good that you realize that you're confused, it goes along with being a democrat...!
The only lies being spread are coming directly for the President, the WH, and most of the rest of the ignorant demo's.
It looks like UHC is going down in flames as peole become more educated.
That means their is still hope our country can be saved from the evil dictator.. You should be happy....!
If you don't understand what's going on around you, it's best to keep quiet so no one will know of your short commings

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
A question to those who voted "No":

Do you condone lies, especially if it is used for political purposes and affects the nation?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:41 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Do you condone lies, especially if it is used for political purposes and affects the nation?

Look the government has unlimited resources to battle misinformation. The only purpose for this is intimidation.

Do you think only one side is distorting the truth? Everyone should be smart enough to research the issues for themselves and not count on mommy and daddy to tell them what is true.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Look the government has unlimited resources to battle misinformation. The only purpose for this is intimidation.

Do you think only one side is distorting the truth? Everyone should be smart enough to research the issues for themselves and not count on mommy and daddy to tell them what is true.
Ain't that the TRUTH!!!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM

6 posts, read 6,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Forwarding emails is now being an informant?

Did you read the article? No one asked anyone to report causal conversations. Anyone who got that out of the article has reading comprehension issues. People were invited to forward emails and report websites to the White House. But I thought that's what the right wingers loved, forwarding emails and sharing websites. Isn't that how they get all their information?
As a real American I call you ignorant, I call you coward, and I call you traitor. I fought for 24 years for this country from the ranks on up through the officer corp, and then lived and worked in Europe and the Middle East - if you want to believe this frauds lies, then you are no better than he and those we are now fighting against.

The left as always breeds the dictators through popularism...Hitler was a stud and had flowers thrown at him, as well as a great orator-where did that lead Germany. Obama has been a racist since suing Citicorp...read up my friend.

This call for information on disinformation smacks of gestapo, or the east german secret police tactics. Quit the whining about the right as the left has done nothing but tear this country down with globalization, and bad mouthing America probably the only country that would tolerate you and yours without violence or death.

The disinformation is fact if you read the health care bills word-for-word. What America needs is not anymore handouts but a big kick in the arse for the freeloaders and welfare animals past 2-3 generations, and the tort lawsuit lawyers. For the common American we need the draft to teach citizenship, responsibility, core values, and a means to earn the right to vote just like ancient Rome did.

Dictators come from the left - Castro, Chavez, Mao, .... keep going...few ever come from the right. And all promise a better way of life with free care and jobs which no real American would ever tolerate or take.

Better dead than Obama red - the Cold War is now being waged at home.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Forwarding emails is now being an informant?

Did you read the article? No one asked anyone to report causal conversations. Anyone who got that out of the article has reading comprehension issues. People were invited to forward emails and report websites to the White House. But I thought that's what the right wingers loved, forwarding emails and sharing websites. Isn't that how they get all their information?
Chavez is that you?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

I condone freedom of speech without having to worry about the gov coming after me for using my freedom

Just like when Obama and this white house lies to me. I know its a lie but can I do they have freedom of speech.

Hey can I turn in the white house web site for lying to me?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 AM

5 posts, read 3,322 times
I reported my neighbor because they play crappy music really loud. It is causing health problems because I can't sleep. I had to quit my job and am going to be homeless so I got cash for clunkers so I can at least live in a new car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies