Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's the solution?
It's all Palestine; no two-state solution 7 11.86%
It's all Israel; no two-state solution 6 10.17%
Two states based on pre-1967 boarders 19 32.20%
Two states based on modern-day boarders 13 22.03%
Other (please state) 14 23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Couldn't we just take them both out and problem solved? JK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:04 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Well there was no natives in the US that made any suicide bombings against Americans, besides they did not get their rights via violence, and got it via peaceful demostrations.
Except for the bombing part, I think you need to go read American history from the 1800's.
Quote:

Even in the US the blacks were treated as second class citizens but they did not resort to violence to achieve equal rights. It was achieved via peaceful protests.
And the US riots in the 1960's were what??

Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM

So when Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Yemen crossed the border, it was to welcome the Jews to the area. So you don't think it was a land grab by them. Do you really think they had the Arab residents interests in mind. And they let the Jews who lived in Gaza before 1948 to just keep their land. None were forced to leave. And the same goes for the West Bank.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Except for the bombing part, I think you need to go read American history from the 1800's.

And the US riots in the 1960's were what??
well in the 1950s the civil rights came out in full force. There were bus boycotts by blacks as they were proseting the segeration on busses. The freedom rides in the south is another example.

Anyway the riots in the 1960s did not really help decrease racist attitudes by Whites. Especially with the destruction of property and people being killed in it. It was also a time of the white flight from the cities to the suburbs to get away from the blacks when the laws against segeration became legal.

Last edited by other99; 01-31-2010 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: edot

Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Well sadly the houses that get bulldozed are the houses of innocent people, and keep in mind that Egypt opens and close the tunnels under Israel's orders.

Lebanon is a third world country, what do you honestly expect from third world countries, Lebanon is not England, US or Canada. Lebanon itself had a civil war that ruined the country, Lebanon itself needed to take care of its own people first, and refugees second.

After the WWII Germany was not occupied by any country, thats why they were able to stand on their own feet, they were not harassed or bugged by other nations, no one went into their country to try takeover by force.

I dont really know what your country is, so i can't really explain anything.

This was wrong, but lets go back to 1948 and see who started all that, lets see, Zionists claimed Palestine was theirs and this displaced the whole country, so if it wasn't for that, these killings would not have happend because there wouldn't be any refugees in Jordan.

Because of Nelson Mandela thats all i can say, he influenced a lot of people and had a huge support, the white people were lucky that Nelson Mendela was kind, im not trying to sound rasict or anything but if there was a leader other than Mandela, the white people would have been massacred.

This explains a lot

- 1,441 Palestinian children died since 2000,
- 6,348 Palestinians killed since 2000,
- 39,019 Palestinians injured since 2000,
- During the fiscal year 2009, the U.S. provided Israel at least 7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 military aid to the Palestinians.
- 1 Israeli prisoner is being held by Hamas, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel
- Since 1967, 0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians while 24,145 homes have been demolished by Israel.
- Israel currently have 223 Jewish only settlements built on confiscated Palestinian land. While Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.
Well Lebanon is an Arab nation. Then why cant oil rich nations such as Saudi Arabia help more the the Palestianins there.

My country is Australia, I have known refugees personally here and been friends with several with them so I know the situation.

East Germany was occupied by the Soviets who forced a politicla system that was oppressive. It was occupied by Soviet troops to ensure the nation remained loyal to the Soviet Union. In additon US, and British troops occupied West Germany but that was different as they introduced a policitcal system where most people could agree apon.

Hey you said Palestainians do not have any settlements on Israeli land. Did you know at least 20% of Palestianian population are Israeli? There are even cities and villiages there that are mostly or entirely Palestianian in Israel.

Well just before Isreal left Gaza it dismantled its settlements in Gaza. But since it left Gaza it has to put up with the missile attacks by Palestianian militants.

Anyway Jews were forbidden to live in the West bank when Jordan occupied the west bank and East Jerusalem. They were not even allowed to visit the holy sites there including the most holy place for Judaism which is the wailing wall. Anyway according to Jordan law at that time was you cant be a citizen of that country if you are Jewish.

Anway even from the Palestianian authority media it just does not just attack Zionists but Jews in general. Here is an example:

The Palestinian Authority's media have also contained inflammatory and anti-Semitic material. A Friday sermon in the Zayed bin Sultan Aal Nahyan mosque in Gaza calling for the murder of Jews and Americans was broadcast live on the official Palestinian Authority television:
Have no mercy on the Jews, no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them. Wherever you are, kill those Jews and those Americans who are like them and those who stand by them they are all in one trench, against the Arabs and the Muslims because they established Israel here, in the beating heart of the Arab world, in Palestine...

Myths & Facts -The Treatment of Jews in Arab/Islamic Countries

Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM

We've really gotten off subject. But you really need to read history in the US before comparaing things.

Quote:
It was also a time of the white flight from the cities to the suburbs to get away from the blacks when the laws against segeration became legal.
Read the following article starting at page 25: New York Magazine - Google Books

Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
This is why I am glad I am not religious!

Jews and Muslims are basically brothers! and they are arguing about a "God" and what he thinks! or "she"!
As Marx said religion is the opiate for the masses!
PS : I am no fan of commies but sometimes their logic makes sense!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 PM

Other99,
So when do the "Aboriginal people" get their own country in Australia?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
lamontnow, I see almost all of your posts chime in only when their is something about what awful atrocities Israel is committing against the Palestinians. Are you paid by Israel to go to online blogs to defend Israel with propaganda?

Dissident Voice : Twitterers Paid to Spread Israeli Propaganda
Well, now, you blew my cover! LOL Another one of your "Zionist" conspiracy theories?
And, seriously, you're continuing to cite those neo-Nazi and extremist websites as your sources. It's easy to see where you're coming from.

It's interesting and telling that you interceded and replied to a post which was specifically addressed to your Islamist friend. There are two groups that incessantly and obsessively agitate for the demonization, deligitimization, and destruction of Israel: the Islamic extremists and the anti-Semites. They compliment each other. Your Islamic friend is in one group and you're in the other.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
mrhman92,
I see that you are very active on CD in forums and threads related to muslims. From your posts I understand that fundamentlist muslims such as yourself have a religious obligation to destroy the "infidel". Israel is clearly in your sights because it is a non-Islamic nation in a part of the world that fundamentalist muslims claim as all Muslim land. And therefore the war to destroy the infidel must continue for eternity if necessary.
So your onslaught of propaganda is really unnecessary. It won't change anyone's mind, just as those who call for peace between the Arabs and Israel will never influence you. A peace, according to your beliefs, is forbidden, isn't it?
Please be honest and frank instead of misusing these boards for defamation and propaganda. Because, you see, it accomplishes nothing.
If you think im a true believer as in religious then you're wrong, im sorry my opinions are not the same as yours but that dosen't make me an extremist or religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies