Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,908,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You and the rest of the left keep on believing that if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy!
You likely didn't watch the video.
They named everyone in the pictures of those spontaneous, grass roots (Lol) riot. All work for the republican party.

Sounds like you don't understand the word FACT.
FACTS do not require your belief.
And FACTS remain true, even when you don't understand them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 AM

37,162 posts, read 42,326,823 times
I don't mind ordinary citizens criticizing anything, as long as they know what they are criticizing and are willing to listen to someone explain what the other side is. If they don't want to listen and just want to make noise about something that is false, or something they don't really understand, or actually do understand but don't believe because they "don't trust the government", then they need to shut up and let the grownups talk. I think there are enough real issues to address without having to deal with that kind of nonsense. My kids had better manners than that at age 5. Couldn't even start kindergarted if they didn't.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,029,878 times
First the memo from the head of homeland security to poice saying to watch them how this on people who disagree with his healthcare. Nazi browen shorts now called to action against any preotest by citizens. Qotuing Madoow is like quoting the conrade leader;certainly no unbias person.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't mind ordinary citizens criticizing anything, as long as they know what they are criticizing and are willing to listen to someone explain what the other side is. If they don't want to listen and just want to make noise about something that is false, or something they don't really understand, or actually do understand but don't believe because they "don't trust the government", then they need to shut up and let the grownups talk. I think there are enough real issues to address without having to deal with that kind of nonsense. My kids had better manners than that at age 5. Couldn't even start kindergarted if they didn't.

It's like a tsunami of "He's a A-rab!"

Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,348,140 times
Is Organizing For America the same as Change.org? Sounds astroturfy to me!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Organizing for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,962,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Is Organizing For America the same as Change.org? Sounds astroturfy to me!

Maybe Progressive grass grows from the top down? ? ?
(Makes as much sense as some of their other logic)

Much like the people at Moveon.org, Organizing For America folks have never had an original thought in their lives.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,387,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Your link states:
Quote:
While Organizing for America boasts incredible funding- both government and private, the mission remains somewhat of an enigma. ........ As of late July, the only real mission of the organization has been using volunteers to campaign against congressmen and senators who oppose the president's agenda. Organizing for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wonder what kind of govt funding they get?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,033,670 times
Quote:
Republicans had a chance to work together to come up with a bi-partisan healthcare reform option
Republicans in the house have been shut out of virtually all negotiations.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,887,056 times
I am all for freedom of speech. However, the protestors of healthcare are interfering with the freedom of speech for those who want to ask questions, learn more about the bill, or simply express their support of the bill. Those protestors are actually interfering with the democratic process.

YouTube - Violence Flares At Town Hall Meetings Health Care Reform
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies