Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 PM

474 posts, read 601,480 times

Advertisements

Nebulous: Thank you for the quick response. You are so right. My town is not a high income town and it is sad to see this very identifiable population shopping in supermarkets..pushing piled high grocery carriages while my hard working neigbbors stand on one foot in the check out line with their meagre staples.

I was behind such a couple, (non-citizens)who had two kids and the female appeared to be pregnant. They placed, on the counter, five gallons of milk, five large boxes of cereal, five loaves of bread, several large roasts and sides of ribs, all kinds of vegetables, soda, and then the female took the bar that separates customers groceries and made two equal piles of her selections, motioned to the male who then handed over her purse...she took out two EBT cards (welfare credit cards) and two WIC vouchers, special vouchers for milk, cheese, bread, fruit et cetera...she handed one set to him....they paid with food stamps and vouchers and walked out of the store to their late model SUV. Again, you can choose to believe it or not...but next time you are shopping...look for a piled high food carriage and see who is pushing iit. Now I am all for helping the poor and spent a lifetime doing it, but these people are lawbreakers and if we are going to countenance lawbreaking and reward them with S.S.I. Welfare, food vouchers, clothing allowances, free school breakfasts and lunches etc. then abandon the court system and we can all live in a sanction free society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Nebulous: Thank you for the quick response. You are so right. My town is not a high income town and it is sad to see this very identifiable population shopping in supermarkets..pushing piled high grocery carriages while my hard working neigbbors stand on one foot in the check out line with their meagre staples.

I was behind such a couple, who had two kids and the female appeared to be pregnant. They placed five gallons of milk, five large boxes of cereal, five loaves of bread, several large roasts and sides of ribs, all kinds of vegetables, soda, and then the female took the bar that separates customers groceries and made two equal piles of her selections, motioned to the male who then handed over her purse...she took out two EBT cads (welfare credit cards) and two WIC vouchers, special vouchers for milk, cheese, bread, fruit et cetera....they paid with food stamps and vouchers and walked out of the store to their late model SUV. Again, you can choose to believe it or not...but next time you are shopping...look for a piled high food carriage and see who is pushing iit. Now I am all for helping the poor, but these people are lawbreakers and if we are going to countenance lawbreaking and reward them with S.S.I. Welfare, food vouchers, clothing allowances, etc. then abandon the court system and we can all live in a sanction free society.

Oh yes, this stuff has been going on for years. I remember even when I was in college, a couple got food stamps, and they used to buy steaks and beer with them.

The working taxpayer is being taken for a ride.

I believe there are people who truly do need help and charity. But too many are abusing this system.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:23 PM

Nebulous: It is good to hear from you. We must continue to voice our opinions and experiences on sites such as this one in the hopes that people will notice how much the illegals are taking out of this country.
One family, who returned to Brazil because of the downturn in the economy, was interviewed by one our area reporters who traveled to Brazil to conduct the interview. They told how they lived here six years and saved enough money to buy a huge ranch style piece of property,built a new home and had enough money for their "future." Our newspaper was deluged with angry comments.
President Obama has announced that is one of his next endeavors. Amnesty! We must speak up.
Undocumented are required by Federal law to register for Selective Service and do not and when asked they simply reply...it is not our country.

Oh well, that is a whole new area...but thanks again...for participating in the discourse.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Nebulous: It is good to hear from you. We must continue to voice our opinions and experiences on sites such as this one in the hopes that people will notice how much the illegals are taking out of this country.
One family, who returned to Brazil because of the downturn in the economy, was interviewed by one our area reporters who traveled to Brazil to conduct the interview. They told how they lived here six years and saved enough money to buy a huge ranch style piece of property,built a new home and had enough money for their "future." Our newspaper was deluged with angry comments.
President Obama has announced that is one of his next endeavors. Amnesty! We must speak up.
Undocumented are required by Federal law to register for Selective Service and do not and when asked they simply reply...it is not our country.

Oh well, that is a whole new area...but thanks again...for participating in the discourse.

Amnesty will just invite more of them to live off our social services.

The Constitution prohibits a pauper class.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Nebulous1: Could you quote the section of the Constitution? Sincerely, I would love to use that info locally. Regards.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 PM

Hello colleagues in blogging....thought you might like to review this video....from 1961. It really does explain why we should read the healhcare bill carefully...in fact one of the things we have not discussed is that there is more than one bill on the subject...once the philosophy is acceptable...some committee...some night...will put together a bill...saying we wanted it and voila! There it will be.

In the meantime...please look at this video....

http://www.tcunation.com/forum/topic/show?id=2476373%3ATopic%3A254655

Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Article 4
Section 2

3: No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.11

Article 14
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Article 4
Section 2

3: No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.11
Not trying to be rude, but this was superseded by the 13th Amendment.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Not trying to be rude, but this was superseded by the 13th Amendment.

No, it came after. You're making stuff up again.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
No, it came after.
How could it?

Quote:
You're making stuff up again.
what did I make up before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies