Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 05:24 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
TM..that is not the final bill to be voted on. And it could have been Obama himself that started this scare mongering when he spoke of his sick grandmother and her hip replacement. He also spoke of end of life decisions and whether or not some medical treatment would be warranted given their age and current health. Obama said that early on. Maybe, just maybe, he stoked the flames that caused this fear.

happy Texan.

this is the bill that Obama was trying to get passed before the August break. THIS is the bill that has been causing so much.. well insanity in the news lately. THIS is the bill from which the right has completely Lied, distorted and twisted and .. well basically freaked people out with their bull****.. bull**** like "the government wants you to commit assisted suicide" nonsense has stemmed from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
TM..there are 3 bills floating around Washington, none of them voted on yet.
How 3 Healthcare Reform Bills Now Before Congress Compare

Old 08-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
TM..there are 3 bills floating around Washington, none of them voted on yet.
How 3 Healthcare Reform Bills Now Before Congress Compare

Oh my Texan.

What part of my post didn't you understand..LOL..

The other two bills we here diddly abuot.

AGAIN.. this is the bill in which all the lies about killing grandma have come from. THIS is the bill that has been discussed in town hall meetings AND the bill in which Obama is speaking of in town hall meetings.. I believe it's HR 3200 (the name of it) ANd this is the bill that was the subject of this thread..

As far as the other two.. it's not what has really been discussed.

AND.. I know that this hasn ot been passed etc...

I got that..

the point is, anyway.. to illustrate how far one side willgo and stretch to defeat something.. the lies that have been said about it are ..well absurd.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:00 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

This is a very long post and for that I apologize for that, but it's very worth reading. I felt it deserved it's own thread.

Another poster had posted what she had heard Peter Fleckstein say about Obama's Health Care Plan. She wrote the page , section and even line number that he was references. Funny, this poster suggested we all read it...she obviously didn't read it herself, but posted what she thought was a "trusted" source. Unfortunately many people will just take his word for it and NOT read it for themselves. When I did, it's ASTONISHING how far the right stretches to place FEAR into the minds of the people.. and how FAR OFF they are... I mean these people are truly desperate to dissuade the American public away from this plan. ..and you have to wonder why.

Anyway.. the information she/he wrote is in black.. mine replies and even quotes from the bill are in blue.

Enjoy.. and you know what.. don't even take my word for it.. DO read it for yourself. Your eyes will be open to how badly the right is lying to all of you! AND don't even take Obama and the White House's word for it.. READ IT.. I did!

>
> Here's the full Health Care bill that sits in the House. <http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.p df>
>

You don't know the Law. Read the Constitution. The government is not to meddle in the citizens' lives. The government is not to take over business. Why are people even arguing what which party does, or the details?

You're so used to government interference and government programs, that now, you argue the details.

This is anti-Constitutional.

Jet Graphics post made absolute sense.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Oh my Texan.

AGAIN.. this is the bill in which all the lies about killing grandma have come from. THIS is the bill that has been discussed in town hall meetings AND the bill in which Obama is speaking of in town hall meetings.. I believe it's HR 3200 (the name of it) ANd this is the bill that was the subject of this thread..

I got that..

the point is, anyway.. to illustrate how far one side willgo and stretch to defeat something.. the lies that have been said about it are ..well absurd.
The last bullet at the bottom of my link ...perhaps reason for doubt ?
"
House bill:
  • Requires government to negotiate prices with drug companies.
  • Eliminates the drug coverage gap over 15 years.
  • Will cover the cost of voluntary discussions with healthcare providers on end-of-life care.
"

Old 08-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
You don't know the Law. Read the Constitution. The government is not to meddle in the citizens' lives. The government is not to take over business. Why are people even arguing what which party does, or the details?

You're so used to government interference and government programs, that now, you argue the details.

This is anti-Constitutional.

Jet Graphics post made absolute sense.

Well..then I guess we should dismantle our public education system.. which, BTW was first introduced by Jefferson and supported by George Washington.

While we're at it we'll reverse Social Security, Medicare.... etc.

Then.. we can watch our country dissolve into a third world nation where there are people on the streets dying while we all build walls around our house for safety.

Give me a break.. It's in the constitution..you know.. the part where they talk about the general welfare.

The "it's not in the constitution " argument is weak at best.

Not to even mention that "health care" when the constitution didn't even exists beyond getting a swig of liquor and maybe a leech or two and people died of the common cold.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Oh my Texan.

I got that..

You are trusting your government, even when they are breaking the Law. Posting what is in the bill is meaningless. Commitees and people who will oversee your care will put money first, not you. So if you don't like what insurance companies are doing, you won't like it when the government does it.
But once the government takes over, they won't give it back to the private sector. You can count on that.

Read House Bill 1388. As an American, it should send chills down your spine.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
The last bullet at the bottom of my link ...perhaps reason for doubt ?
"
House bill:
  • Requires government to negotiate prices with drug companies.
  • Eliminates the drug coverage gap over 15 years.
  • Will cover the cost of voluntary discussions with healthcare providers on end-of-life care.
"
WIll cover and VOLUNTARY.. and , btw , the bill SPECIFICALLY mentions health care proxy and living wills in other words the Patients END OF LIFE DIRECTIVE for their end of life care!!!!

because some point or another we are all going to reach the end of our life.. AND if you are unable to communicate your wishes when you reach that point.. then HOW YOU want your life to end, so to speak, is NOT going to carried through.. hence the LIVING WILL.. AGain.. ALL of which is SPECIFICALLY mentioned.

EVERY senior .. hell EVERY PERSON ALIVE should have a health care proxy AND a living will in case of some catastrophic event unforseen that may leave you unable to communicate your wishes.

COMMON SENSE

Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Well..then I guess we should dismantle our public education system.. which, BTW was first introduced by Jefferson and supported by George Washington.

While we're at it we'll reverse Social Security, Medicare.... etc.

Then.. we can watch our country dissolve into a third world nation where there are people on the streets dying while we all build walls around our house for safety.

Give me a break.. It's in the constitution..you know.. the part where they talk about the general welfare.

The "it's not in the constitution " argument is weak at best.

Not to even mention that "health care" when the constitution didn't even exists beyond getting a swig of liquor and maybe a leech or two and people died of the common cold.
For Obama to get anything on the health care issue, he is going to have to substantially scale back his objectives.

If he focuses on some specific items such as health care when you switch jobs, then he probably can cobble together a smaller program. If he insist on going forward with items such as a competing government program for coverage, he will end up with nothing at all.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
You are trusting your government, even when they are breaking the Law. Posting what is in the bill is meaningless. Commitees and people who will oversee your care will put money first, not you. So if you don't like what insurance companies are doing, you won't like it when the government does it.
But once the government takes over, they won't give it back to the private sector. You can count on that.

Read House Bill 1388. As an American, it should send chills down your spine.

I trust government far more than I trust greedy corporate pigs who would sell their own mother for a buck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies