Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I wonder if that's where my crazy Aunt Linda's forwarded email originated? Righties are really reaching these days, aren't they?
They have a "Freeper" list. You'll see on the page *ping freep this list* or something like that. They forward it to everyone on the list and they all vote as many times as they can, and ask the people on that list to forward it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:19 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They have a "Freeper" list. You'll see on the page *ping freep this list* or something like that. They forward it to everyone on the list and they all vote as many times as they can, and ask the people on that list to forward it too.
How sad for them that they don't have anything better to do with their time than to personally accumulate numerous votes in online polls that don't make a difference to anyone or anything in the real world. It would be funny, if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
What's a freeper ?

Sorry..I guess I'm not keeping up with the jargon quick enough

Old 08-07-2009, 02:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's a freeper ?

Sorry..I guess I'm not keeping up with the jargon quick enough
Thats alright I finally found out what a teabagger is today..but the question is are they calling them teabaggers or teabagees?? I think there is a distinct difference..and as far as freeper goes, I don't get it..

Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's a freeper ?

Urban Dictionary: FReeper

Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
It's kind of hard to grade someone on healthcare when the healthcare initiatives havent even been voted on yet. So, no changes have even been made to healthcare.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
And "Freeped" as in "freeping a poll"

Urban Dictionary: freep

Quote:
1. freep 125 up, 20 down love it hate it

To slew or cheat an online poll by repeatedly voting (clearing cookies, using proxies) or to make a blog appear to be commented by numerous posters by the same means. (From the practices of the Free Republic or "freepers")
The results of the CNN question of the day were running 70:30 in favor until an hour ago when it got freeped.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It's kind of hard to grade someone on healthcare when the healthcare initiatives havent even been voted on yet. So, no changes have even been made to healthcare.
Agreed. It's akin to a teacher giving test grades to students during the pre-test study session, based on how the teacher thinks the students will perform on the forthcoming test. Dumb.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Wow, so it's a "freeper" list that is responsible! Talk about desperate! Even if what you say is true, the fact remains that Left wing enthusiasts could have voted in the same way. That poll wasn't limited to right wing voters. Why is it that conservatives are mocked for doing what liberals fail to do?

Nonetheless, I don't believe in any of these stupid conspiracy theories. I just think the majority of independent voters and some left wing voters in addition to conservative voters do not agree with the President's stance on health care.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Wow, so it's a "freeper" list that is responsible! Talk about desperate! Even if what you say is true, the fact remains that Left wing enthusiasts could have voted in the same way. That poll wasn't limited to right wing voters. Why is it that conservatives are mocked for doing what liberals fail to do?

Nonetheless, I don't believe in any of these stupid conspiracy theories. I just think the majority of independent voters and some left wing voters in addition to conservative voters do not agree with the President's stance on health care.
If you stand back then this can apply to ANY poll. Now what are your thoughts on internet polls and their truthfulness ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies