Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:36 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times

Advertisements

I think Hitler was very smart, genius probably but used his brain for bad, wrong things...he did some good for his country but it got overshadowed by the horrendous things he did. Of course he didn't do it alone. If he had been alone in all his cruelty, he would never have been able to do what he did for as long as he did. He had plenty of followers who were just as guilty but never got the notoriety he did.
And of course every country has its own 'Hitlers'.
Belgians exploited and murdered many for the richess they found in Zaire( now Congo) ...but we like to believe we educated those 'poor black people', that's what the nuns taught us in school. We had to go over there to teach them how to be human...how sad and delusional is that?
Most never got punished for their crimes towards humanity and never will. That doesnt mean they're not as bad as Hitler.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
I'm sorry you have the wrong number....... you were probably trying to reach Stormfront with this thread.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM

822 posts, read 2,047,758 times
Why the infatuation with Hitler? It seems we now have All-Hitler, All-The-Time television channels. (Except for the sharks specials)

Pol Pot wasn't an Eagle Scout, either. Or Uncle Joe Stalin. Why don't they have their own TV shows?

But worse, right now, as we discuss evilness of a person who has been dead for over sixty years, the North Korean dictatorship continues to run concentration camps which rival the German camps for barbaric conditions and have lasted much longer.

But we don't see it or choose to ignore it.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:07 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
In all fairness to Hitler, he did tell the Jews to get out. If I had been a Jew in Germany around 1938 and saw some of the stuff going on in the streets, I would've gotten me and my family outta there asap.

Hitler really crossed the line when he started killing the disabled, the mentally ill, the gypsies, etc. and started using people for cruel medical experiments. That just ain't right.

Hitler didn't simply tell the Jews to get out of Germany or want them to go to a place they could all safely live. Hitler viewed Jews like all the other people he wanted to kill like homosexals, gypsies, slavs, negros, mentally ill, and disabled as threats to the purity of the aryan race. A threat that needed to be killed off. Hitler didn't consider that these people had a right to life.
The Holocaust was just the beginning. Just think what would have been done if Hitler had been victorious. How many more would have died if he had gotten the chance to racially cleanse Russia, Africa or even the United States?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:41 AM

659 posts, read 1,085,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I do think it's interesting how demonized Hitler is (rightfully so), but no one says a hoot about Stalin. Stalin was every bit as evil, if not more so.
The atrocities committed by Stalin were only overlooked because Hitler was causing a bigger fuss and being more open about his genocide. It's not until the war is over that people finally realize that Stalin had been killing his people off in the millions.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:44 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,013,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm sorry you have the wrong number....... you were probably trying to reach Stormfront with this thread.
LMAO!!!
you beat me to it!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,552,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post

Hmmmm, there is at least one on every thread!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:25 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
The atrocities committed by Stalin were only overlooked because Hitler was causing a bigger fuss and being more open about his genocide. It's not until the war is over that people finally realize that Stalin had been killing his people off in the millions.
Also I think it was the German's meticulous record keeping that brought to light the horrors. Stalin and the Russians did their best to hide and destroy records or just didn't keep them so the number of atrocities wil never really be known.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
I guess being responsible for the murders of over 6 million people doesn't make someone "bad" these days.

I suppose since this is one of the most studied, and reported on, genocides in the history of the world, it has prompted a lesser response these days than the genocides in Africa, Russia, or other places in the world. Which, certainly, isn't to discount what has happened elsewhere. But, can we actually have become so over-exposed to the Holocaust that we can overlook the fact that this man orchestrated the murders of this many people?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Quote:
In all fairness to Hitler, he did tell the Jews to get out. If I had been a Jew in Germany around 1938 and saw some of the stuff going on in the streets, I would've gotten me and my family outta there asap.
So, if some politician told you to get out of your home right now, or face his (or her) hatred of what you are, you would do it? Even though you had every right to be where you were? Personally, I would look at the situation and say to myself, and everyone around me, "WTF?". I guess "fair warning" should be a defense to murder then?

Quote:
Hitler really crossed the line when he started killing the disabled, the mentally ill, the gypsies, etc. and started using people for cruel medical experiments. That just ain't right.
And, no, that line wasn't even close to being crossed when he orchestrated the murder of 6 million Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies