Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM

474 posts, read 601,573 times

Advertisements

Camp Jockey....you are impossible...I have read and re-read your posts...there are none so deaf as those who will not hear.
A one thousand page plus legislation, one of five or six under consideration, God only knows how many pages long, are not something that should be passed first time around based on a smile or on some one's say so. I was in the business so to speak...and saw a period, yes, a single period inserted in a strategic place in the legislation that changed its whole meaning. These kinds of things regarding life and death issues need time...we need to see the final form....what Obama is proposing is not new...please do me a courtesy and look at the video I have provided to you.

http://www.tcunation.com/forum/topic/show?id=2476373%3ATopic%3A254655
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM

Camp Jockey: You seem to have forgotten that the Obamas have an abiding interest in Healthcare. Michele worked part-time for a well known hospital and was paid over $300,000 while Obama was Senator. During that time an amendment that benefited the hospital found its way into legislation. HMMMM wasn't anyone looking? How many pages contained in that one? Michele was so valuable to the hospital, when she left, they left the position unfilled. Why are you carrying their water? Tom Daschle and Rohm Immanuel are steeped in thehealthcare drama and at the core of this national discussion. You need to click on OpenSecrets.org and see for yourself who got all the money from the bailout crowd, healthcare industry and financial wizards. Bush was wrong in many instances...his last appropriation bill of one trillion was partially spent...he left the balance for Obama...Obama went on and filed three more trillion dollars worth of future debt....I am concerned for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I grew up on a farm in Massachusetts, during the depression, we worked the farm and survived. There was no college for me upon graduation from high school, I entered college part-time in my fifties, got my undergrad when I was 56 and my Master's when I was 64. I worked both in private and public work places. This country is becoming a giant social service agency. Obama is not spending his money...ours...yours and mine....he should let us choose what we want to spend it on and which programs. Lastly, I don't know how Obama found time to digest the bill anyway... he and his family have been busy in their around the world in eighty days vacation. Was there any need to take his family and mother in law as well. What about the side trips to Paris, the Grand Canyon, the Saturday night date in New York. Somebody...somebody...remind them, this is a Democracy..not a monarchy.....they are spending our money. Lastly, why can't Obama's family be included in the Plan as well? They could set the example for the rest of us peons. Please view the video...

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 08-17-2009 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Friendly,

I simply wanted to know - if the number of pages is bad - at what point would that no longer be an issue.

Since the answer is so difficult, I have to conclude you would complain about the number of pages regardless of how many pages there are.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM

Camp Jockey: You have made the number of pages an issue. Any number of proposed legislative pages AND THEIR CONTENT need careful scrutiny...a thousand or more..needs that much more...small or large...life and death issues in the bowels of state houses and the Congress need the scrutiny of the public....Every word in conjunction with adverbs, verbs and other key words...need time to determine their effect on the main purpose of the bill lawyer/legislators are masters at the trade....I suppose you sign all the papers in a legal transaction without reading the fine print? Some one said, people who like the law and sausage should not observe either being made. I have seen both being made.....O.K. try this one on for size. We already have HMOs whose mission was to manage care....to save money.....stories are legion about people who were denied certain procedures......and died...This bill will be a giant National government controlled HMO.... please, please see the video......

Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Maybe choose words that you actually mean next time, or simply admit that you didn't intend to complain about the number of pages. That would have been easier than the pages you've wrote out since I asked you about it.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM

compJockey; Maybe choose words that you actually mean next time, or simply admit that you didn't intend to complain about the number of pages. That would have been easier than the pages you've wrote out since I asked you about it.[/quote]

Camp Jockey...as i said...you are impossible..you are stuck in second gear.....who in their right minds would complain about a certain number of pages if they were not concerned with content? When did you ever take an exam based on whether the number of pages was the correct number.

I thought you were astute enough to understand that from the beginning we were talking about the content and direction of this legislation...the number of pages was another factor in the equation.

I have never heard the Congress or State Legislature debate just on the number of pages.....get real.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Camp Jockey...as i said...you are impossible..you are stuck in second gear.....who in their right minds would complain about a certain number of pages if they were not concerned with content? When did you ever take an exam based on whether the number of pages was the correct number.

I thought you were astute enough to understand that from the beginning we were talking about the content and direction of this legislation...the number of pages was another factor in the equation.

I have never heard the Congress or State Legislature debate just on the number of pages.....get real.
Of course not - but you used the number of pages as a way to argue against the legislation. Obviously, without any reason whatsoever.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Of course not - but you used the number of pages as a way to argue against the legislation. Obviously, without any reason whatsoever.
Camp Jockey: you remind me of an octupus...cut off two tentacles and more ensnare you. Any witer of any worth knows that the number of pages as I used it referred to a proposed law.. the thread had already been decided for us..at the top of the page....if legislators were using creative writing in their proposed legislation that would be one thing but writing laws is technical in nature...legalese at its best and subterfuge at its worst. It needs careful consideration.
I do apologize for thinking that you had the expertise to unserstand that...sorry...next time stick to creative writing...actually that is what you have been doing...........we will never agree...we are on different wave lengths....hope you are not married...poor spouse...my Brooklyn brother always told me...never argue with a fool lest you be involved in the same business. Should have listened to him.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Camp Jockey: you remind me of an octupus...cut off two tentacles and more ensnare you. Any witer of any worth knows that the number of pages as I used it referred to a proposed law.. the thread had already been decided for us..at the top of the page....if legislators were using creative writing in their proposed legislation that would be one thing but writing laws is technical in nature...legalese at its best and subterfuge at its worst. It needs careful consideration.
I do apologize for thinking that you had the expertise to unserstand that...sorry...next time stick to creative writing...actually that is what you have been doing...........we will never agree...we are on different wave lengths....hope you are not married...poor spouse...my Brooklyn brother always told me...never argue with a fool lest you be involved in the same business. Should have listened to him.
Y'know - you could have simply said:

"I think it should be 500 pages.
That would make me happy."

or

"It should be five pages, and not written in legalize, despite all precedence"

Instead of this novel you are using to try and justify a really lame complaint.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Y'know - you could have simply said:

"I think it should be 500 pages.
That would make me happy."

or

"It should be five pages, and not written in legalize, despite all precedence"

Instead of this novel you are using to try and justify a really lame complaint.
I have told you time and again that content was a factor as is the number of pages...that were being foisted on an unsuspecting public. If you cannopt understand that then hopefully....you are not working any area that makes a difference in our lives. Pick uo the marbles. Let's move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies