Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:16 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,631,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I did a search using the words "manufactured protests" and found 10 threads in POC. Seven were started by known RWs, and 3 started by liberals. Just sayin'.
They'll be shocked, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 AM

38,691 posts, read 26,489,876 times

Thanks for doing your homework Sanrene!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
How funny is that what a bunch of frauds.

Speaking of astroturf....

From now on everytime some leftist mentions "astroturf", they're getting this in their face.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:56 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,910,732 times
Lol.
This forum rocks.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One would think that even a liberal could see what happened there, but too much truth is too much for them. The weird thing about this one is that she was the second questioner that Obama "pointed out" at random.

I liked how well behaved those people were but am sure that you got a seat according to who you were. Did you see it? All during his 20 minute speech the guy sitting behind him over his right shoulder was carrying on just like a comic fool. Every time Obama made a comment that leftys would celebrate he smiled and mouthed agreement. He was sure as hell planted there.

There was one town hall that I saw part of that I thought the Congress person did a great job. Some noise but not much and she handled it all so well. She made points that nobody from either side has made that I know of. Claire McCaskill Mo. (D) and I was really taken in by the way she told people that as of now there is no bill in either house. The House of Pelosi seemed about ready to vote on one but nobody knew which of the three their committees were proposing was to be voted on. The Senate has two in committee but only one of them is known to Ms. McCaskill since she has seen the whole 621 pages of it, however she didn't try to stick up for it.

Honestly I am thrilled by the way she handled herself and the question in that somewhat riotous meeting. Too bad so few of these people can handle it.

Did you hear about the poor little 35 year old mother of 2 girls who got up into Specter's face and told him that she has never been interested in politics till about 2 years ago. What happened two years ago? The Dems took over the Congress. She said that she has watched as this country has slowly been dismantled and decided she had to say something. This evening Hannity interviewed her and it turns out that she had call after call on her cell phone calling her names and even threatening her family. I think that a woman who was ready to take part has been intimidated by Democrat thugs today and she will back off now to keep them away from her children.

Damn that one makes me mad. They squeal and howl about wing nuts threatening their politicians and then they pull that on a just plain interested citizen. Yeah, that tells us a whole lot.

The threats and intimidation are democrat SOP anymore. The guy who took on Dingell (my traitorous rep) here in MI had threats made to him and his family at his home.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,836,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thanks for doing your homework Sanrene!
Yeah for going onto another forum that uses such resources as facebook and campaign contributions to play connect the dots with.

This thread is the political equivalent of six degrees of separation with Kevin Bacon. I keep having visions of Ben Stiller in Zoolander talking about investigatory journalists running through my head when I read that linked thread at a forum that uses a thread at this forum as a source.

Really though if you want to do your homework you should read the bill and then specifically reference sections that you don't agree with. Playing party hack isn't doing your homework.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,983,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ooohhh nooooo!!!!!
I know, isn't this treason or something against Dear Leader? All who mention this must be right wing KKK Nazi gun nuts who are ginned up by Big Oil, Big Pharma and Cheney.

This is all crazy. We have entered crazyland where this administration looks upon the people as a bunch of stupid 12 year olds to be hood lied to and fooled.

Congress is even worse.

Out with all of them starting 2010.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Hopefully this will be distributed to every media outlet that will air it within 24 hours.
Except for maybe FOX none will touch it.

It is insulting to Dear Leader.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:18 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,836,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Except for maybe FOX none will touch it.

It is insulting to Dear Leader.
TMZ or the Weekly World News might cover it as well.

Honestly. Connect the Dots. Campaign contributions and facebook profiles are not sources. Tell us how someone in the Whitehouse planted this family in the audience and intended to call on the little girl.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Lol.
This forum rocks.
I am speechless with anger.

I don't have to ask "what do they think we are" because I have the answer. They don't think we're much.

I see a huge republican victory in 2010 but only if they run some conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies