Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,511 times

Advertisements

He accused, in so many words, these 'mystery MD's' who are lopping off people's feet/legs...for MONEY! Why didn't he name them then?

Why aren't we reading of all these horrific stories of ppl losing 'healthy' limbs so that the MD's can pad their bank acct?

Is he kidding?

Hasn't his mantra been that MD's order too many tests (due to malpractice of which is the root of health care problems btw and he won't even talk about fixing/putting caps on THAT) because they don't want to get sued?

Why on earth then, would a very scared of litigation MD, take someone's legs/feet of without documentation that their legs/feet were DEAD AND IN JEOPARDY OF BECOMING GANGRENOUS???

I thought this guy was educated? He obviously has NO knowledge of how the healthcare system works. At all.

A HUGE amt of documentation is needed and IN THE CHART way before anyone even comes CLOSE TO LOSING A LIMB!!!

Now, in Canada and Uk for instance, ppl are TRULY losing limbs but you can bet your bottom-dollar it's not because the MD's are making $, it's because of their SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE there. (negligance and an hugely overwhelmed and poorly run system)

And you all want that.

p.s. Oh and btw, whomever gave me a rep point and posted this:
Stop using your children to get out of your continually failing arguments. Do you realize you aren't the only person with kids on this forum? And provide a link to the article next time. It's the polite and legal thing to do.....
Why didn't you sign your screen name? As for being a poster on here, and having kids, that is a scary thought. Many of you are on here with 'constant and consistent' posts from what I can tell when I come on here and browse back......if you are the ones with kids, WHO IS TAKING CARE OF THEM WHILE YOU OBSESSIVELY POST?
And next time, don't bother giving me a rep. Thanks but no thanks. Have a great evening.

Last edited by twowolves; 08-12-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Thats Obama playing his very own FEAR card. And the liberals here will eat it up without question, then rail that the Republicans are the fearmongers.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Is this the SAME smug attitude that the right accused Obama of having before he won the Election and became President?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Is this the SAME smug attitude that the right accused Obama of having before he won the Election and became President?
No, that was a liberal elitist attitude that he had before the election, along with his America hating wife.....hardly an improvement.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
He accused, in so many words, these 'mystery MD's' who are lopping off people's feet/legs...for MONEY! Why didn't he name them then?

Why aren't we reading of all these horrific stories of ppl losing 'healthy' limbs so that the MD's can pad their bank acct?

Is he kidding?

Hasn't his mantra been that MD's order too many tests (due to malpractice (of which is the root of health care problems btw and he won't even talk about fixing/putting caps on THAT) because they don't want to get sued?

Why on earth then, would a very scared of litigation MD, take someone's legs/feet of without documentation that their legs/feet were DEAD AND IN JEOPARDY OF BECOMING GANGRENOUS???

I thought this guy was educated? He obviously has NO knowledge of how the healthcare system works. At all.

A HUGE amt of documentation is needed and IN THE CHART way before anyone even comes CLOSE TO LOSING A LIMB!!!

Now, in Canada and Uk for instance, ppl are TRULY losing limbs but you can bet your bottom-dollar it's not because the MD's are making $, it's because of their SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE there. (negligance and an hugely overwhelmed and poorly run system)

And you all want that.

p.s. Oh and btw, whomever gave me a rep point and posted this:
Stop using your children to get out of your continually failing arguments. Do you realize you aren't the only person with kids on this forum? And provide a link to the article next time. It's the polite and legal thing to do.....
Why didn't you sign your screen name? As for being a poster on here, and having kids, that is a scary thought. Many of you are on here with 'constant and consistent' posts from what I can tell when I come on here and browse back......if you are the ones with kids, WHO IS TAKING CARE OF THEM WHILE YOU OBSESSIVELY POST?
And next time, don't bother giving me a rep. Thanks but no thanks. Have a great evening.
I think someone needs a nap.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
I think you are confusing Obama with the strutting cowboy that was his predecessor. You remember, the one that called himself "The Commander Guy."

1,300 posts, read 1,493,752 times
You've completely misrepresented Obama's comments. He actually said some diabetics are not getting the appropriate preventative care (which their insurance will not cover) and as a result, end up having to get an amputation (covered by insurance & more expensive). He hasn't villified physicians - he's just stating the obvious fact about the shortcomings in health insurance.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, that was a liberal elitist attitude that he had before the election, along with his America hating wife.....hardly an improvement.
There's that word elitist again. Do you think you can pin down what exactly you mean by that? And have it make sense & perhaps maybe be, I don't know, truthful? I don't think you can.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think you are confusing Obama with the strutting cowboy that was his predecessor. You remember, the one that called himself "The Commander Guy."
no he never said crap like that

Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Has anybody here ever seen Obama strike his Mussolini pose after making one of his stronger points. His chin juts out and he has a smirk on his face and looks too much like old Benito when he does that. I remember seeing those poses by Mussolini so many time when I was a child and the resemblance is just too much, for me.

Now I am not trying to connect them in any way other than facial characteristics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies