Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:31 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, that was a liberal elitist attitude that he had before the election, along with his America hating wife.....hardly an improvement.
Sorry i had it confused with the arrogant right wing eltism that is trying to spread lies and fear about a UHC so they can get back to feeling smug about their private health cover and look down on Normal everyday hard working Americans who don't want to rape America with obscene pay bonuses. you betcha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times
And when healthcare gets rationed, and expensive treatments for diabetics gets too costly for certain patients, then what? Things will get alot worse. Obama seems to be making a strong case aginst his own proposals.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times
Yeah there's nothing like having to deal with hostility and smug attitudes!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ck-people.html

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And when healthcare gets rationed, and expensive treatments for diabetics gets too costly for certain patients, then what? Things will get alot worse. Obama seems to be making a strong case aginst his own proposals.
NEVER seen healthcare rationed under a UHC and NEVER seen a Diabetic not getting treatment because it is too costly under a UHC either....NEVER!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
He accused, in so many words, these 'mystery MD's' who are lopping off people's feet/legs...for MONEY! Why didn't he name them then?

Why aren't we reading of all these horrific stories of ppl losing 'healthy' limbs so that the MD's can pad their bank acct?
We ABSOLUTELY should be hearing more about them.

Meanwhile there's a thread with links about the amputations:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...your-feet.html

also!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yeah there's nothing like having to deal with hostility and smug attitudes!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ck-people.html

the reps -- you can report them to a mod; They Have Ways.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has anybody here ever seen Obama strike his Mussolini pose after making one of his stronger points. His chin juts out and he has a smirk on his face and looks too much like old Benito when he does that. I remember seeing those poses by Mussolini so many time when I was a child and the resemblance is just too much, for me.

Now I am not trying to connect them in any way other than facial characteristics.

LOL I first noticed this during the election last summer - Lenin was my first thought (But Mussolini was a close second)

Watch his eyes next time (when he's not worried about what he has to say next) - his eyes become unfocused as he stares off into the glorious future of the Obamanation.

http://www.amath.washington.edu/%7Eslemons/imagesdir/lenin.jpg (broken link)

(There is a better official portrait that was used in offices - but I can't find it)

Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM

He's squinting because he doesnt see it.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:23 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Is this the SAME smug attitude that the right accused Obama of having before he won the Election and became President?
yah he was way smug back then...only the libs were drinking his koolaid. and hated bush so much that they didn't care.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
You are not helping your cause by putting email address in as web addresses.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
no he never said crap like that
Bush: ‘I’m the Commander Guy’ - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
WASHINGTON, May 2–And you thought he was still “the decider.”

President Bush coined a new nickname for himself — ‘’the commander guy” — on Wednesday, as he criticized Congressional Democrats in a speech to the annual gathering of the Associated General Contractors of America, a construction industry trade group.

The man who last year proclaimed “I’m the decider,’’ in response to a question about whether he would fire Donald Rumsfeld as defense secretary, came up with this latest moniker in explaining why he vetoed an Iraq war spending bill that dictated a timeline for troops to withdraw from Iraq.

“The question is, ‘Who ought to make that decision, the Congress or the commanders?,’’ Mr. Bush said. “As you know, my position is clear – I’m the commander guy.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies