Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:07 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you can arrest someone on a whim, they should be able to sue you for that. Especially if it cost you a job, or a relationship. You need to have justification before making an arrest. The officer did not. If he was concerned about being poisoned, he could have taken his burger to go, had it analyzed, had his stomach pumped--and based on the results, if they bore his suspicions out, gone back and arrested her later.

Salt is NOT "tampering". It's a normally edible substance.
Salt is a poison in high doses. Local woman was convicted of murder because she was mad at her daughter so she put salt in her grandson's bottle of formula, killing the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Huh? Why are you pulling on something in 2007? Nothing else interesting in recent events? I heard this news a LONG, LONG time ago...

Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

that cop needs to be canned for being stupid and taking a mistake personally.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:18 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Did you ever have the chicken fajitas back east (around 1990)?
They were my favorite thing next to the original burgers, but only lasted a couple years out here.
I don't remember those, but I remember the McRib. It was too sweet for me.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
He's eating at McDonalds.. I think a little extra salt should be the least of his concerns.

HaHa.. yes good point. I would be more concerned with the fat calories
and why would you eat that crap if you were an officer anyway? You should be watching yourself/staying in shape.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
She ate one after the batch was cooked and most were put up for customers. If she ate one, it was to find out how bad it was so she could figure out if anyone would notice and she'd get caught. I don't think there is any report on what she thought about how the burger tasted, just that she ate one. And I question whether she ate the whole thing.
They also get a free burger for lunch/dinner break. Perhaps she was hungry? She had already notified her coworkers, one of whom was probably the crew chief. The crew chief is responsible for making sure the food that goes out is up to standards.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Whip the thug on the courthouse lawn and rub salt in his wounds. Fair treatment for an enemy of the people.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Whip the thug on the courthouse lawn and rub salt in his wounds. Fair treatment for an enemy of the people.
One of the stupidest posts I have ever read.

You sound as arrogant as the cop who jailed the guy for salting his burger. What gives you the right to define who the "enemy of the people" is? Have some salt.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
One of the stupidest posts I have ever read.

You sound as arrogant as the cop who jailed the guy for salting his burger. What gives you the right to define who the "enemy of the people" is? Have some salt.
Authorities who abuse their position and violate citizens' rights are enemies of the people. This is a milder case than many. Many citizens have lost their lives to these thugs.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Authorities who abuse their position and violate citizens' rights are enemies of the people. This is a milder case than many. Many citizens have lost their lives to these thugs.
There are certainly bad cops, but that generalization doesn't work.

Would you abolish the police?
Trade these thugs in for new thugs (ones not named police)?
Better pyschological screening of academy applicants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies