Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, The Drunk Senator from Wisconsin's School of Creative Writing & Fear Mongering.
It just couldn't possible happen could it? I hope you are right but after being like you all these years I see that there is a probability of an attempt with people like Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod in the White House every day.

Keep on knowing this couldn't happen and I will pray that you don't ever get a surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Scary thought and it could be real with these people who think they can get away with anything!
To me the bad part is not the President but the people he has surrounded himself with. Especially Emanuel and Axelrod. I call the three of them the nasty triumvirate from the White House. I think they are using Obama and not the other way around.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Aw, come on, BB.

You're just aggravated because Obama now has all that power at his disposal that Bush/Cheney so thoughtfully consolidated for him.

Or are you unhappy that he knows how to actually USE that power?
When I think of the people he has surrounded himself with, I am really afraid of things like this. The last czar he appointed was Mark Lloyd who went to jail for a crime and came out claiming that he had converted to communism while there. That is scary to me. How about the other members of the White House triumvirate, Emanuel and Axelrod. There you have three community organizers well schooled in Alinsky using their experience to organize the nation.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Good thought, but I'll sit pat.

He's doing things the same way Bush did, using the power that Bush left him.

Drives a lot of Bush apologists crazy head-banging rabid, too, from what I can tell.
Is he apologizing to everybody in the world for what we have done in the past like Bush did? I don't remember Bush doing anything like that and you say he is doing everything just as Bush did.

BTW, I don't remember Bush wasting that much time on planned and prepared "town hall" meetings either. Oh well, as long as we can remember Bush he will getting blamed for everything bad Obama does. Right?

Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now this thing comes from a very right handed group but it points out something that I think more people than me need to know about. We do need to watch these people and I don't want to include Obama in the crowd. I hope he isn't among them, but nothing makes me think he isn't.

Anyway I know a bit about the Constitution and sure enough I never thought of this at all. It is very possible.
It could happen while we are fighting about something like healthcare insurance reform.

BARACK OBAMA AND HIS ALLIES ARE TRYING
TO CHANGE THE U.S. CONSTITUTION:
HELP US STOP A NEW CONSTITUTIONAL
CONVENTION!
Dear Friend,

BARACK OBAMA AND HIS ALLIES ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THE U.S. CONSTITUTION WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE AMENDMENT PROCESS -- IN FACT, THEY'RE TRYING TO REWRITE THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION -- AND THEY'RE CLOSE TO SUCCEEDING!

What would you think if an amendment to the U.S. Constitution was introduced by liberal Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, which repealed the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights -- taking away our right to Free Speech? [MOD CUT/copyright violation]

For the rest:

What's He trying to do now!!! - myFOX DFW Community Blog post - KDFW FOX 4 viewer submitted news, photos, video and more.
FEAR MONGERING which the Conservatives are good at!
Next issue is Obama wants you to eat aborted fetuses at taxpayer expense!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
Okay, that is fair enough, but do you have anything to actually connect that to a constitutional convention. Because if you can't, then you also can't argue that this isn't propaganda. To say A = B therefore B = C is a logical fallacy.

And there are other ways they could go about dealing with the people in the media who purposefully misrepresent them. Really, the issue is that no matter what they do, the result will people people like Limbaugh will find a way to work it to their advantage. Sue them for slander? They'll just complain they are being oppressed by the government. The same for what is proposed here. There would be a huge backlash against something that rash, and in the end, it wouldn't solve anything.

It really is highly, highly unlikely that this would happen. How does this piece of propaganda address this? By telling you that if you think it can't happen, you're WRONG! No evidence as to why you're wrong, just you're wrong. I would expect any adult to know that pretty much any time that is the crux of someone's argument, that the argument is total ant utter crap.

Personally, I think we would be better off bringing back the Fairness Doctrine. Thanks, Regan!
I see that you haven't been keeping up with the appointing of Mark Lloyd to be the Chief Diversity Officer of the FCC. I think his plan will work very well to silence those people and it will work a lot better than the Fairness Doctrine did. Check him out when you get a chance.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:03 PM

These people look a bit young to be what you want them to be. Could they really vote back then? No wonder Bush won without the Supreme Court.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
It's "ironic" you would pose such a possibility relative to President Obama, OP. What is it about President Obama, his past or present actions/words, background, character, or ethics that would even prompt you to imply or believe-even for a moment-that President Obama would betray the American people by supporting any effort that would take away their, and eventually HIS, HIS WIFE'S AND CHILDREN'S, right to free speech? Let's go back: Is it his tenure as a well-respected, informed and passionate CONSTITUTIONAL LAW professor? No...Well, how's about his numerous stops on the campaign trail in representation of and encompassing every segment of society so that EVERYONE would feel they had a VOICE and REPRESENTATION in his Presidency-you know, representative of the "melting pot" in which we live? Not that...What about President Obama's current goal and determination to include the American people in his Presidency by affording them the opportunity to reach/speak to him utilizing a variety of means-websites, phone, letters, etc.?...I'm still cold...Well, what about his attendance at town hall meetings to hear attacks...I mean uninformed, unsubstantiated and biased opinions...on an issue, despite the fact he's aware he's viewed as a target and enemy merely because of the color of his skin, the power he possesses and what he represents? Not that either...Well, I'm just baffled in trying to figure out how you can REACH so far in opining President Obama would fight to take away the free speech of the same people he strives so vehemently to protect and extend himself. I forgot; that's what it is: More unusbstantiated and unfocused rambling and ranting!
Let me say that the unsubstantiated and unfocused rambling seems to come from you.

Hey none of those things have anything to do with why i don't trust the man. It is the very thing he says we should like him best for. He says we need to look at the people he has surrounded himself with to be his avisors. When I look at them, people like Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, and Zeke Emanuel I really get worried.

It is the fact that we know so little about his earlier life that bothers me. you know things about where he was born (yep I am a birther), what name he enrolled at Occidental with, (I guess that is part of being a birther), whether he ever wrote any senior papers at Columbia makes me wonder about him. Did he write a doctoral dissertation before graduating from Harvard in Law? I don't know and I have never been able to see any of the papers he wrote at Harvard. Many of these things should be part of his record but we aren't allowed to know anything other than what he wrote in his autobiographies and he left all these things out.

I wonder if it would make things easier for him if we could change the Constitution to keep things easier for him and his crowd.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
FEAR MONGERING which the Conservatives are good at!
Next issue is Obama wants you to eat aborted fetuses at taxpayer expense!
Is that right? I guess I better spread that around. Is it ok if I include that he intends to pay for those abortions with public money from the Obamacare abortion?

Old 08-16-2009, 04:59 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is he apologizing to everybody in the world for what we have done in the past like Bush did? I don't remember Bush doing anything like that and you say he is doing everything just as Bush did.

BTW, I don't remember Bush wasting that much time on planned and prepared "town hall" meetings either. Oh well, as long as we can remember Bush he will getting blamed for everything bad Obama does. Right?
ROB, sometimes you amaze me. You are far more intelligent than that.

You know I was referring to knowing where the levers are that work the machinery and utilizing the consolidated power. As far as apologies, I was always taught that when you were wrong, you should aplologize. I'm certain your mother taught you the same thing, and it also applies to countries. If you think the U.S. has never been wrong, I shudder to think that you passed that on to your students.

Bush didn't do a lot of things, such as regulate banking. Those things that he neglected so he could take 887 days (by actual count) of vacation are the very things which have got this country in a tight spot.

Bush, BTW, was totally incapable of holding a Town Hall Meeting. All of his audiences were prescreened and larded with only his staunch supporters since he was too gutless to listen to any dissenting opinion.

Bush earned his place in history over a span of eight years. For better or for worse, so will President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies