Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
ROB, sometimes you amaze me. You are far more intelligent than that.

You know I was referring to knowing where the levers are that work the machinery and utilizing the consolidated power. As far as apologies, I was always taught that when you were wrong, you should aplologize. I'm certain your mother taught you the same thing, and it also applies to countries. If you think the U.S. has never been wrong, I shudder to think that you passed that on to your students.

Bush didn't do a lot of things, such as regulate banking. Those things that he neglected so he could take 887 days (by actual count) of vacation are the very things which have got this country in a tight spot.

Bush, BTW, was totally incapable of holding a Town Hall Meeting. All of his audiences were prescreened and larded with only his staunch supporters since he was too gutless to listen to any dissenting opinion.

Bush earned his place in history over a span of eight years. For better or for worse, so will President Obama.
What did I say that amazed you? I didn't see me say anything about bowing so low to the King of Saudi Arabia. At least Bush didn't do that as other heads of state don't. All he did was kiss the man as is expected from friends.

Has Obama regulated any banks? I guess I missed that part.

How about the response to the NRA man in Montana. I am pretty sure that there are more than just 3 or 4 people in a group that large that would have applauded that. I think that the softballs pitched at Obama in his town halls at least equalled the softness of Bush's meetings.

I think I may like Obama as a man but I don't care for his politics and the way he carries them out. He threw his minister of over 20 years under the bus when he realized it was politically the thing to do. So sad.

Why should I go on. I just can't find anything to say good about him.

I will say that I am sure that with the Two Amigos who he makes up the White House triumvirate with I am pretty sure they have studied the possibility of changing many parts of the Constitution in order to take advantage of the change. No sir, I just don't like Emanuel and Axelrod. Without them in the White House I might be able to accept Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
I'd rather they try to change the Constitution than throw it out altogether like Bush / Cheney did. But, since it's absurd to even suggest they'll do either, it's useless engaging in this fear-mongering.

For future reference, you can tell fear-mongering propaganda by:

1. any mention of Pelosi, Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Al Gore, or any of the others the far right fear and loathe.

2. Some unfounded connection between one of the above individuals and an absoolutely ABSURD act (such as repealing freedom of speech).

Of course people are going to say, "I don't want that!", then what began as a "potential example" becomes fact and we of the intellectual brand must waste our time explaining why, in fact, there is no attempt by Pelosi to repeal the first amendment or by Obama to kill your grandma or pretend he was born in another country...

...all lies and propaganda.

Give Obama credit for facing his critics. He's proven to have more of a backbone in 6 months than Bush showed in 8 years.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Default Dear people "of the intellectual brand"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'd rather they try to change the Constitution than throw it out altogether like Bush / Cheney did. But, since it's absurd to even suggest they'll do either, it's useless engaging in this fear-mongering.

For future reference, you can tell fear-mongering propaganda by:

1. any mention of Pelosi, Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Al Gore, or any of the others the far right fear and loathe.

2. Some unfounded connection between one of the above individuals and an absoolutely ABSURD act (such as repealing freedom of speech).

Of course people are going to say, "I don't want that!", then what began as a "potential example" becomes fact and we of the intellectual brand must waste our time explaining why, in fact, there is no attempt by Pelosi to repeal the first amendment or by Obama to kill your grandma or pretend he was born in another country...

...all lies and propaganda. .
This absolutely amazes me, though it shouldn't. It is so true to liberal patterns that it really should be no surprise at all. I can't figure out the thinking behind it, try as I might.

'Do not mention anyone on the left. It doesn't matter if what you say about them might be true. Just don't mention them. If you do, we will know you are spreading fear-mongering propaganda.'

This makes NO sense at all.

'Do not mention anything that the left would consider "ABSURD"...'
so that "we of the intellectual brand must waste our time explaining".

Shall we apologize to you of the intellectual brand for participating with our facts, our knowledge, our thoughts, opinions -- in fact, for exercising our freedom of speech? Do you work for Nancy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies