Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 AM

459 posts, read 806,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
You know what they say about the shoe and whether or not it fits...
I personally do not like being called overweight, but I am and I am doing something to actually change it. This is unfortunately not a concept that most people on the left are able to comprehend.

The right is just as dumb and clueless and you just proved this. It's the hypocritical fighting between the left and right that is destroying America. You are both dogmatic about your views and when it comes to making America a better place it's disgusting watching both side blame each other for both being equally stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,148,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The WAS no Nazi-Germany in the 1920s. Please crack a history book, or at least Wikipedia it.

Good for Barney. I don't care for him that much - his speech grates on my nerves, but it's time people stand up to this idiocy. Jon Stewart did a great segment tonight on The Daily Show - the crux of the piece was "Do you really think it's a good idea to compare our half-black president and a gay Jewish congressman to Nazis?"

No, it's not.

And if we want to compare Obama health care to Nazi policies (and please, I implore you to lay out in DETAIL the comparison, because I've done a lot of reading and I can't find it), we can sure compare Bush's invading of sovereign nations on false pretexts to Nazism. The only difference is that tens of thousands haven't died because of Obama.

It's also appalling that people are taking guns to these events. There is absolutely no reason to bring a gun, and these people need to be kindly turned away. Somebody is going to end up getting hurt, even killed. I'm starting to think that's what the right-wing wants.
I agree with you, and... The right wing wants to WIN the argument. They reduce issues to simple terms and the passion for a solution loses to the passion of self-righteousness. For them, it's about being right, not doing right.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,443,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
The right is just as dumb and clueless and you just proved this. It's the hypocritical fighting between the left and right that is destroying America. You are both dogmatic about your views and when it comes to making America a better place it's disgusting watching both side blame each other for both being equally stupid.
I simply stated the fact that most people on the left are incapable of accepting personal responsibility. This is not exactly breaking news.
BTW, why did you ASSume I am on the right?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,509,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Do you have a brain disorder or something? How many times do you have to be told that we don't object to debate and disagreement?

But...
As expected, you magnanimously allow disagreement, BUT only on a topic which you approve. This thread reeks of liberal hypocrisy, just like Barney Frank. Whether you like it or not, people do have different opinions than yours, and if you don't like their opinion, that is just too damn bad. Nobody needs your approval to speak their mind, and they sure as hell do not need their elected Representatives disparaging them for stating their opinion. Or maybe you would rather bring back the Gestapo in order to silence all dissent that you disapprove.

For 8 years we listened to liberals whine and moan about being silenced under the Bush administration, and now these very same liberal hypocrites are doing their best to silence dissenters.

Are those union thugs with baseball bats not working out like you expected, now that Americans are showing up armed?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,531,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Barney was dead on!!

Doesn't he (Barney) sound like Sylvester the cat with a Boston accent.

YouTube - tweety4

check out 2:48

How did someone like him every get elected? He just seems like a pompous nut to me.
He can't even talk.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,531,570 times
Isn't the government supposed to be doing what the people want, not trying to convince us of what THEY want?
Besides, let's see if any of those DC royalties step up to the plate and do the Obamacare. I bet not one of them will.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
I simply stated the fact that most people on the left are incapable of accepting personal responsibility. This is not exactly breaking news.
BTW, why did you ASSume I am on the right?

IF your not on the right then I'm sorry for assuming that you were.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,729,462 times
Quote:
I don't know if I'd call it "news", but I would certainly call it an opinion.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
As expected, you magnanimously allow disagreement, BUT only on a topic which you approve. This thread reeks of liberal hypocrisy, just like Barney Frank. Whether you like it or not, people do have different opinions than yours, and if you don't like their opinion, that is just too damn bad. Nobody needs your approval to speak their mind, and they sure as hell do not need their elected Representatives disparaging them for stating their opinion. Or maybe you would rather bring back the Gestapo in order to silence all dissent that you disapprove.

For 8 years we listened to liberals whine and moan about being silenced under the Bush administration, and now these very same liberal hypocrites are doing their best to silence dissenters.

Are those union thugs with baseball bats not working out like you expected, now that Americans are showing up armed?

For the last eight years Americans had to hear about how we should support the president no matter how wrong you might think he is. We had to hear about being labled unpatriotic if you questioned the presidents motives. Now the right is crying about their rights to speak up, and use their first amendment rights. You my friend are just as hypocritical as the left and the fact that you don't see that makes you just as worthless in a debate.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,729,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
How did someone like him every get elected? He just seems like a pompous nut to me.
He can't even talk.
I guess that not everyone sees the world as you do. I've asked myself the same question about people like Michele Bachmann and Tom DeLay, but I understand that the voters in their districts chose to re-elect them, and that's really the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies