Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Oh, it was hardly just her. There was the usual pack of irrational screamers on hand.

Any details on how you've managed to connect those dots?
Oh please! Why should he/she connect the dots for you when any person who has followed the news knows that Barney Frank was insisting that Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac were financially stable when he knew they were not. There are numerous You Tube videos of Barney Frank insisting that these entities were financially stable if you choose to check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 08:34 PM

1,179 posts, read 977,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Bush a liberal? I'm pretty sure your speaking out of your behind on this one. You have to do more then support big goverment to be labeled a liberal.I'm pretty sure a liberal wouldn't be a big fan of Gitmo, or the Iraq war, or making abortion illegal(which he campaigned for), I could go on and on. I think your confused on what a liberal is.
Socially conservative yea....other than that he's a liberal. He expanded government, medicare, and spent money like a drunk. The invasion of Iraq did not adhere to Conservative ideology either.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 PM

459 posts, read 805,885 times
Quote:
Oh, it was hardly just her. There was the usual pack of irrational screamers on hand.

Any details on how you've managed to connect those dots?

I'm a registered democrat, so trust me this guy does not help our party look good with the housing disaster.

Frank's fingerprints are all over the financial fiasco - The Boston Globe

Old 08-21-2009, 08:40 PM

459 posts, read 805,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Socially conservative yea....other than that he's a liberal. He expanded government, medicare, and spent money like a drunk. The invasion of Iraq did not adhere to Conservative ideology either.

HAHAHA I'm still pretty sure the Bush tax cuts made him not so much a liberal.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,517,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Yes he was and he confirmed that Barney Frank was responsible.
Oh, I'd agree. Rep. Frank has been one of the more responsible lawmakers in this town for some time now. But he had nothing to do with the housing disaster as some call it, which actually had very little to do with housing and very much to do with the people who were busy making profits at any cost, even if that cost might include a collapse of the global economic system...

Old 08-21-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Oh please! Why should he/she connect the dots for you when any person who has followed the news knows that Barney Frank was insisting that Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac were financially stable when he knew they were not. There are numerous You Tube videos of Barney Frank insisting that these entities were financially stable if you choose to check them out.
Oh, I've seen your videos, and they are carefully spliced and edited propaganda pieces designed to lead the unwary into believing them to be something that they are not. You need to do more homework. A lot more homework.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'd agree. Rep. Frank has been one of the more responsible lawmakers in this town for some time now. But he had nothing to do with the housing disaster as some call it, which actually had very little to do with housing and very much to do with the people who were busy making profits at any cost, even if that cost might include a collapse of the global economic system...
LOL!! Barney Frank lied time after time when he insisted that no action should be taken regarding the impending housing crisis. Bush tried to do something and McCain tried to do something. Barney Frank insisted that there was no impending crisis. He is a rank liar and he lied because his signficant other held a ranking position with either Freddie Mae or Fannie Mac. Barney Frank is one of many who is personally responsible for the foreclosure crisis and for people being upside down on their loans. I wonder how he sleeps at night.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Oh, I've seen your videos, and they are carefully spliced and edited propaganda pieces designed to lead the unwary into believing them to be something that they are not. You need to do more homework. A lot more homework.
You have not seen my videos. I have never posted a video on You Tube. The videos you should be seeing are unedited and are of Barney Frank insisting that that Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac were financially sound when he knew they were not.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I'm a registered democrat, so trust me this guy does not help our party look good with the housing disaster.
Wake up. That isn't a news story, it's an opinion piece written by a neocon hack remouthing the manufactured mythology of Thomas DiLorenzo, one of a stable maintained by hard-right corporate money at the so-called Mises Institute, home of the couple of hundred paid hacks who flatter themselves by claiming to comprise something called the Austrian School. CRA played no role at all in bringing about the credit crisis. Read some serious analysis. Leave the pap to the right-wingers...

Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
LOL!! Barney Frank lied time after time when he insisted that no action should be taken regarding the impending housing crisis. Bush tried to do something and McCain tried to do something. Barney Frank insisted that there was no impending crisis. He is a rank liar and he lied because his signficant other held a ranking position with either Freddie Mae or Fannie Mac. Barney Frank is one of many who is personally responsible for the foreclosure crisis and for people being upside down on their loans. I wonder how he sleeps at night.
Well you don't even have the names of the GSE's right, and the only plans that Bush (or McCain...who actually didn't sign on to S.190 until a year after it was introduced) had were to come up with ways to wedge the GSE's out of their share of the highly lucrative secondary mortgage markets so that their good buddies up on Wall Street (the people who actually DID bring about the credit crisis, and from that, the recession and foreclosure crisis) could have more room to play in while earning their fabulous profits and their astronomical bonuses. There was no aspect of any of these proposed reforms or regulatory schemes that actually addressed any safety or soundness issue, nor were there any safety and soundness issues to be addressed. As I said...more homework...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies