Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Once again no, if the woman's life is endanger from carrying the child it is her choice, however this makes up a very very tiny percent of abortions. You have the right to try and avoid pregnancy, so I don't see it as the baby infringing on your rights to have to right to be born if you chose to not avoid pregnancy. To women that have had an abortion, would you have another?
Yes, especially at my age (44). The risk of having a highly-complicated pregnancy and/or fetal defect is too high, and quite simply I do not wish to bring another life into this world or into my family.

I have had the children that I wanted, when I wanted. They have been provided for and loved.

No regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,737 times
Quote:
I do not know how old this baby is, are you suggesting that you can determine an age for when we can and cannot kill the baby? Why is this question relevant to you unless you agree that this does indeed look like a child?
answered previously

Old 08-21-2009, 11:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I just have to ask - how far into the pregnancy was that picture taken? Because I've seen ultrasounds that were done at four months that just barely resemble a baby. That picture you posted looks like an 8 or 9 month baby, not at all like the tiny little shapeless lump that would come from a 6-8 week ultrasound.
That's a 3D ultrasound in the third trimester, when abortion is illegal except to save the life of the mother or for severe fetal defect.

This is a 3D at 9 weeks, before which well over 60% of abortions are performed.

Quote:
answered previously
The question is relevant because abortion is illegal at the state of gestation that your picture shows.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:18 AM

why not just have your husband get a vasectomy then? if he does not feel this way, you could get a hysterectomy. Yes there is less than 1% chance you could get pregnant if you are taking birth control and it fails. There are always private adoptions. You could also use a condom though if it really is a matter of you will be homeless on the street if you have a baby, most people are capable of adapting though and make it work.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
why not just have your husband get a vasectomy then? if he does not feel this way, you could get a hysterectomy. Yes there is less than 1% chance you could get pregnant if you are taking birth control and it fails. There are always private adoptions. You could also use a condom though if it really is a matter of you will be homeless on the street if you have a baby, most people are capable of adapting though and make it work.
No, there is not less than a 1% chance that you can get pregnant through failed birth control.

Oral Contraception has about a 5% failure rate
Condoms have about at 15% failure rate

You need to do some research and educate yourself before stating these things as fact.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You think an ultrasound picture of an 8 week embryo has an effect?

You think women should be FORCED to view the ultrasound? What exactly do you propose doing if they refuse? Strapping them down and forcing them? Refusing them the abortion?

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States
• About 60% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.

You think those women do not know what pregnancy entails? Do you really think women are that stupid?
Since I've already rep'd you this morning here's a few thumbs up -

Old 08-21-2009, 11:22 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Are you serious???

How many surgeons do you know who perform elective hysterectomies on 20-yr-old women?

Not every woman takes BCP, not to mention the risks of PE and DVT (don't know what they are? look it up.).

And finally, who are YOU to tell any woman that she MUST BE PREGNANT UNTIL TERM?

I am not your slave.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That's a 3D ultrasound in the third trimester, when abortion is illegal except to save the life of the mother or for severe fetal defect.

This is a 3D at 9 weeks, before which well over 60% of abortions are performed.

The question is relevant because abortion is illegal at the state of gestation that your picture shows.
again, how is it ok to abort here and not there based on what it looks like to you? here is one at 20 weeks, although only 1% are done here, considering the number of abortions, that is a lot of babies

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM

I did not know you were in your 20s, but insisting that you would not have any more kids I took that to mean you were older, my apologies, you might change your mind. Just like if women were given ultra-sound pictures they might change theirs

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM

That fetus cannot survive out of the womb without the support of the mother... if it is even in fact 20 weeks old.

You can show as many pretty pictures are you like, it doesn't change that fact.

And if you think women are rushing out to selectively abort pregnancies at 20 weeks, you're outta your mind.

There is a huge difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies