Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
ESPECIALLY education. If people start to see fetus' as children, the left will never be able to continue this wonderful trend of more abortions.

What's the harm in letting them see the child they're about to abort? If they don't think there's anything wrong with it, they won't be affected by seeing their child before they kill it, right?
So you're for government intervention in YOUR medical decisions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you're for government intervention in YOUR medical decisions?
So you're for the government staying out of medical decisions? (see how I did that? Turned it around on you? )

If there's nothing wrong with abortion, what's wrong with showing them the child, I mean, fetus they're going to destroy? Shouldn't make a bit of difference, right?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, and self-righteous Puritanical witch hunters want to work a guilt trip on them...., manipulate, control women.....and, if they could get away with it, put a big Scarlet letter "A" on the chest of women who have abortions.

As Ovacatto said, they don't want the government to control them but want the government to control women.......what two-faced jerks!
Quote:
So you're for the government staying out of medical decisions? (see how I did that? Turned it around on you? )"""

You learned well, grasshopper, however I was never in favor of government being involved in medical decisions....and neither is Obama's health care plan. But YOU stated that you are.(see below)

""""If there's nothing wrong with abortion, what's wrong with showing them the child, I mean, fetus they're going to destroy? Shouldn't make a bit of difference, right?

No one said it wouldn't make a difference ....but it's still a decision between a woman and her doctor.....not the government or some old frustrated biddy(of either sex) to decide.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
I've always thought it should be legal until the 75th trimester

Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So you're saying that women who get abortions should be considered stupid. Great.
No simply a HUGE MAJORITY could have made a better decision.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
No simply a HUGE MAJORITY could have made a better decision.
According to you.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
According to you.
IS being responsible when you have sex that much to ask?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
IS being responsible when you have sex that much to ask?
No, but mistakes occur, and circumstances change.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Who?! Me?!
Yes, and self-righteous Puritanical witch hunters want to work a guilt trip on them...., manipulate, control women.....and, if they could get away with it, put a big Scarlet letter "A" on the chest of women who have abortions.

As Ovacatto said, they don't want the government to control them but want the government to control women.......what two-faced jerks!
Well what gets me is the hypocricy of claiming you're "pro-life" when it comes to unborn kids, right up until they're born, then the day after they're born say "It's none of the government's business" or "You're taking away my freedom!" Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

What I find funny is that each side sees a difference between unborn and born children. To me the only difference is location. One is outside, another is inside the womb. But I think I'm the only person on the planet that thinks this way.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
So you're for the government staying out of medical decisions? (see how I did that? Turned it around on you? )
Wow sufficiently proud of yourself it would seem.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Just because some one is in favor of government funded healthcare--govt. involvement-- does not mean that they give up the right to refuse medical care or medical treatment, they are only advocating for the government to provide it not that they have to accept it.

This is why the law should not pass constitutional muster. You can't make someone have a procedure that they don't want. In this case an ultrasound, and you can't make someone look at the results of the procedure. Sorry, I don't think that even the most conservative members of the supreme court would allow this. This is at the core of conservative ideology. Self determination.

Constitutionally you don't even have to address the abortion issue. The case would be decided on the issue above, because it is more of a slam dunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies