Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

Poor Obama, after 8 months of pure hell in the WH and all the critics going after him for doing such a lousy job the man in the WH is going to take a much needed vacation for the rest of the summer.

If anyone needs to get away it would be him.

Maybe a rest will do him well since he has screwed up everything he has done for 8 months. He just might come back refreshed and ready to do the job people elected him to do and hoping start working on all those major promises he has yet to keep.

With the clock ticking to now 6 months for the complete withdraw of our troops from Iraq as he promised and his poor health care bill going down in flames this man needs to break.

Just maybe he can think about all the mess he has created.

Obama leaves Washington for 10-day vacation - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090821/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_vacation - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
GEE! A POTUS taking a vacation, THERE's news

ZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzz

Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Bush took 96 days vacation in the first eight months of his presidency, including the whole month of August.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:02 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
According to the meticulous records kept by CBS Radio White House correspondent Mark Knoller, Bush on Monday lodged his 879th day spent in whole or in part at Camp David or his sprawling estate in Crawford, Tex.

By comparison, the 40th president only -- only! -- spent all or part of 866 days at Camp David or his ranch in California during his eight years in office, according to the Reagan Library. (By my count, Bush actually beat Reagan's mark on Dec. 30, during his Christmas vacation in Crawford
Dan Froomkin - The Vacation President - washingtonpost.com

Old 08-22-2009, 07:49 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
Let's see if anyone gives Obama a daily intelligence briefing that says; "Al Queda/Bin Laden intent to attack in US mainland using aircraft", and if he then says, "OK, you've covered your a**, now leave!"

If that happens then we'll rip him for it. For now I'm PO'd enough that he hasn't come after the liars in his own and the R party hard enough.

golfgod

Old 08-22-2009, 09:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
With the clock ticking to now 6 months for the complete withdraw of our troops from Iraq as he promised and his poor health care bill going down in flames this man needs to break.

Just maybe he can think about all the mess he has created.
You remind me of Geraldo Rivera during the O.J. trials. He eventually got very tiresome, you already are. Obama cannot bring the troops back before 2011. Bush has seen to that. Obama is not going to overturn a treaty signed by another U.S. president. Let it rest. And do we really need to wonder why the health care bill isn't done yet? Mess? Honestly. I'd better leave it there.

H

Old 08-23-2009, 05:45 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Is anyone keeping track of which number vacation this is for this moron? It seems like once a week he is on vacation.

I think he creates needs to him to travel to different areas so they can sneak in more vacations.

In the last 7 days we went to the grand canyon, then to Camp David to rest up before he left for Martha's Vineyard. Whew, it's been a rough one for him and that beast he lives with.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Well, if his approval ratings go up while he's on vacation it might signal to him that he is overexposed.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:33 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
It seems that quite a few distraught wingnuts could use a little vacation.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You remind me of Geraldo Rivera during the O.J. trials. He eventually got very tiresome, you already are. Obama cannot bring the troops back before 2011. Bush has seen to that. Obama is not going to overturn a treaty signed by another U.S. president. Let it rest. And do we really need to wonder why the health care bill isn't done yet? Mess? Honestly. I'd better leave it there.

H
You mean Obama did not know this before making his promise to have them out of Iraq in 16 months?

His clock is ticking, if they are not home in 16 months then he LIED.

No, I wont let it rest, he PROMISED this and it conned people into voting for it because of it.

The HC bill is not done only because the AMERICAN people have stood up against it and are demanding their elected officials vote the way THEY WANT them to vote. That is how it is suppose to work you know!

I am not tired at all, seems Obama is tired and confused he needs yet another vacation.

Bush is not the President anymore in case you did not know that. Gosh I wish he still was so he could fix this mess. We need a real leader instead of this bum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies