Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sooooooo, to take minds off the $9 trillion debt AND the healthcare debacle, the old "torture" chestnut will be tossed back on the fire to get the country refocused on the Bush administration and away from the Democrat looming disaster. CUT
You mean the debt caused by Bush and the Republicans who voted for him. Remember we had a balanced budget under Clinton (who inherited massive debt from Bush senior and got us out of it). We do have a healthcare debacle with four million uninsured and will never fix our failing economy until we fix health care.

As for torture, it may be fun and games to you but to anyone with morals it is a serious issue. I believe it is morally wrong to torture another human being. It is also dangerous to our national security. When Bush instituted his torture policies it helped recruit terrorists and lost cooperation and standing for the U.S. in the world. I remember my father, a marine, who was much more conservative than me saying "Well at least in the U.S. we don't torture our prisoners." Sadly, he was wrong and now we have done just that. You can call it a diversion if you want but something has to be done to stop it. As Mother Teresa used to say "You must see the wound to heal it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, what would prosecuting anyone who commits a crime accomplish?
Nah sorry, I guess I miswrote. I was asking if that was his question.

Gotta prosecute crimes otherwise they'll happen again.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:03 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
You mean the debt caused by Bush and the Republicans who voted for him. Remember we had a balanced budget under Clinton (who inherited massive debt from Bush senior and got us out of it). We do have a healthcare debacle with four million uninsured and will never fix our failing economy until we fix health care.

As for torture, it may be fun and games to you but to anyone with morals it is a serious issue. I believe it is morally wrong to torture another human being. It is also dangerous to our national security. When Bush instituted his torture policies it helped recruit terrorists and lost cooperation and standing for the U.S. in the world. I remember my father, a marine, who was much more conservative than me saying "Well at least in the U.S. we don't torture our prisoners." Sadly, he was wrong and now we have done just that. You can call it a diversion if you want but something has to be done to stop it. As Mother Teresa used to say "You must see the wound to heal it."
And thank god we now have Obama as president. His main concern is reducing our countries debt. I think you need to wake up and take the blinders off, the man you voted for is the biggest spender we have ever had as a president.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are supposed to be a physician? A healer? A person of compassion?

Deliver us from mercy at your hands.

"Enhanced Interrogation", BTW, is a creation of the Bush Administration to divert criticism. Own it.
I care about my patients very much and my surgical skills are very good- thank you. I do not give a crap about terrorists. They would enjoy killing me as well as all my patients. That would not help improve my patient's lives, would it?

Why do all you libs preach compassion for these animals? Did you like the SS and the nazi war criminals? How about the Japanese during world war 2? Atilla the Hun? Some humans are so far gone that they just need to be put down like a bad dog.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:10 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'm glad torture is all LOL to you.

I'm sure the innocent families of people raped, murdered and tortured would find it hilarious as well.

All torture does is make them hate us even more.
I could careless what our CIA does to these azzhole !

Funny you liberal freaks never have anything neg. to say when these terrorist are chopping peoples heads off..but you complain when we waterboard..You people are so fked up its not even funny anymore !

Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
And thank god we now have Obama as president. His main concern is reducing our countries debt. I think you need to wake up and take the blinders off, the man you voted for is the biggest spender we have ever had as a president.
I do thank God we now have Obama as president. I don't know if anyone can dig us out of the mess Bush and the Republicans got us into but all we can do is try.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Maybe we can do both simultaneously. Just expand the definition of "torture", like liberals are so fond of doing, to include ObamaCare.
What constitutes torture to you? Do you beat up puppies and kittens? Bush had a history of utilizing sadistic practices in college initiations and joked about it just as he joked about not finding WMD's. Once a sociopath, always a sociopath. Can you relate?

BTW...if government run health care is good enough for our government officials, it's good enough for the average citizen.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Why do all you libs preach compassion for these animals? Did you like the SS and the nazi war criminals? How about the Japanese during world war 2? Atilla the Hun? Some humans are so far gone that they just need to be put down like a bad dog.
Compassion has nothing to do with the issue, the issue is he rule of law, either you adhere to it or you become the very thing that you claim to oppose.

Really quite simple.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I care about my patients very much and my surgical skills are very good- thank you. I do not give a crap about terrorists. They would enjoy killing me as well as all my patients. That would not help improve my patient's lives, would it?

Cool.

Now - explain how it is you know that only known terrorists were victimized by the abuse.

If you don't know, then perhaps you won't mind it when you are detained and interrogated in a windowless and unheated cell somewhere in Europe after a traffic stop because you have the same name or looks as someone else. Don't tell me "It can't happen here". It already has.

If you don't care whether they are innocent or guilty, let me refer you to my previous post.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:53 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
The U.S. Constitution spells out the principles on which government should govern its citizens. Citizens should, in the least, live by those same principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies