Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes.
Well....this is just strange. You give a one word answer yet don't explain yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
here in another thread we got off topic and talked about liberals blaming victims.
In the thread the OP blamed Mary Jo for being killed becasue she chose to get into the car .with kennedy.
i was told this was a falsehood.
I will link several sites to emphasize my point.

The Trouble with Liberals - ‘Blaming the Victim'
*L* Did you look at that website? Here's one of my favorite lines from the same page as the book review/commentary that you link to above:

"When I was young I was a beautiful guppy with a lovely tail. So everyone seemed to think. I am older now. My nose became very badly sunburned and destroyed. It seemed good to me to test my hypothesis by using these ‘biological algorithms’ to correct this problem. I healed half my nose as you can see by the line separating the still very dark patch on the side in the photograph below."

Wackjob alert!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
They (the liberals) just can't tell me how much it will cost me a month for my FREE health care.
I've asked but have yet to get an answer.
Well no sh.t Sherlock, the program isn’t completed yet.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Yes, half the country blames the vicitm because of a randomly incoherent review of a book from 1971. Including the ideas to forcibly sterilize anyone who the author considers green or liberal, and the problem with the poor is their "deviant value system". He then goes into the evolution of bed bugs and how the "fat ones" are better adapted, and how he healed his nose that was badly sunburned and is waiting till the weather improves on this planet to continue to show the world the truth about god.

Wow, just wow...this guy is barking mad. How do people find this crap?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I particularly loved this segment of your post:

What they do not want is any sort of fundamental change which might result in a reduction in privilege for themselves.....

For that is EXACTLY how the republican party comes across. Weird. Actually, since you are the one who laid this claim that liberals always blame the victim, why don't you give some examples, other than the Kennedy one which I myself find ridiculous. That thing you posted really did not have much to say so I can't really discuss it. I can give you an example of some people on the right blaming the victim....that model that was just killed by her husband. Her profession & lifestyle was brought up in discussion as reasoning for her death.

Liberal blaming our Country for 911
UMASS PROFESSOR ADDRESSES CAUSES FOR 9/11 ATTACKS BLAMES US POLICY IN MIDDLE EAST | Article from The Boston Globe | HighBeam Research

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Yes.
Link?!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well....this is just strange. You give a one word answer yet don't explain yourself.
The question only required a oen word asnwer. what do you need to be explained in the word yes

Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*L* Did you look at that website? Here's one of my favorite lines from the same page as the book review/commentary that you link to above:

"When I was young I was a beautiful guppy with a lovely tail. So everyone seemed to think. I am older now. My nose became very badly sunburned and destroyed. It seemed good to me to test my hypothesis by using these ‘biological algorithms’ to correct this problem. I healed half my nose as you can see by the line separating the still very dark patch on the side in the photograph below."

Wackjob alert!
wow!

"We see in religion a confused and contradictory reaction to this reality. On the one hand religion preaches a sexless heaven where castration and the clitorectomy create ‘pure spirits’. Muslims throw women under sacks. On the other hand religion supports hierarchy and is the prop of the elite alpha male. It is for this reason that religion is incoherent when it comes to speaking about sex.

Now we see this same principle at work in all of nature. Guppies dance and show off their colorful tails and the guppy who dances with the most colorful tail is the sexually successful guppy. Therefore it is the doctrine of the ruthless oppressor which teaches that the solution to human sexual violence is to be found in castration and the creation of pure ghosts. This would be equivalent to damning an aardvark for having the ‘sinful aardvark nature’ or prosecuting an anteater for the high crime of ‘ant genocide’."

yeah, that link really proves your point, wjtwet. liberals DO want to castrate people and create pure ghosts! and you can heal your nose with theological power or something.

this is like the internet equivalent of handouts from crazy street people in dc.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Your link doesn't even say anything. Nor is there any mention on whether the professor is a liberal or not. But according to the title, I don't see any blaming of a victim going on in that title, it's blaming u.s. policy. There is a difference, don't you see?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The question only required a oen word asnwer. what do you need to be explained in the word yes
Are you being deliberately obtuse? I don't care if it was a simple yes/no question, you weren't able to back up your answer as you required of me. So take your own advice & pony up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies