Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many of you will be marching on Washington on 9/12
I will be protesting in Washington 6 6.32%
I will be protesting locally 15 15.79%
I will be watching on TV 21 22.11%
I will not be participating 53 55.79%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,864,256 times

Advertisements

Atwater/Rove school of idiocy has taken over GOP. Good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its hilarious, the rallying cry for the tea party nut balls is someones lie and childish outburst....
Well, Joe the Plumber was not available for words of wisdom, so these have to suffice.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:35 PM

683 posts, read 826,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yell it at Dick Armey and Freedomworks they're the ones suing to destroy Medicare and Social Security
Those two programs have already been destroyed by the very government who now wants us to hand over more control of our medical care. Along with Amtrak and the USPS. Tell me, in your line of work, if you continue to totally screw up and bankrupt company programs, would your employer grant you more responsibility and higher pay? Is this considered logic in your world?

I guess I first should have asked; if you are a liberal / democrat do you even work?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,001,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Those two programs have already been destroyed by the very government who now wants us to hand over more control of our medical care. Along with Amtrak and the USPS. Tell me, in your line of work, if you continue to totally screw up and bankrupt company programs, would your employer grant you more responsibility and higher pay? Is this considered logic in your world?

I guess I first should have asked; if you are a liberal / democrat do you even work?
So what's your solution? Privatize S.S. & Medicare? I know this has been said before, but it would have been a complete distaster to have these institutions private when our economy turned to crap a year ago.

And dude, let's stop with the stupid stereotypes. I'm more liberal than conservative and I make close to 7 figures a year. And believe me, I'm not the exception to the rule.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,864,256 times
Quote:

If not for those "liberals" and the government, you won't even have the institutions you seem to love, that you blame the same government to be destroying.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
So what's your solution? Privatize S.S. & Medicare? I know this has been said before, but it would have been a complete distaster to have these institutions private when our economy turned to crap a year ago.

And dude, let's stop with the stupid stereotypes. I'm more liberal than conservative and I make close to 7 figures a year. And believe me, I'm not the exception to the rule.
We could start with TORT reform and some kind of regulation / reform on the health insurance industry. My doctor isn't the problem and I have no problem with capitalism but when the insurance agencies make outrageous profits by denial of coverage for people like myself who paid in for years just to be told "No - that neck / spine surgery isn't life threatening, just keep eating the pain pills" this I have a problem with. I got the surgery thanks to some cutting edge technology through the Texas Back Institute that I seriously doubt would be available through any government run program. I did like that government cheese though.......

Sorry about the stereotype, that was out of line and way too similiar to some of the liberals who post on here. Also, are you hiring?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If not for those "liberals" and the government, you won't even have the institutions you seem to love, that you blame the same government to be destroying.
Where do you get: "you seem to love"?????

Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Atwater/Rove school of idiocy has taken over GOP. Good!
Maybe you could point out what either of these people have to do with the 9/12 meeting. I don't think anything but then you seem to be better informed about things like this than I am. What does either of them have to do with the meeting?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,001,317 times
Quote:
We could start with TORT reform and some kind of regulation / reform on the health insurance industry. My doctor isn't the problem and I have no problem with capitalism but when the insurance agencies make outrageous profits by denial of coverage for people like myself who paid in for years just to be told "No - that neck / spine surgery isn't life threatening, just keep eating the pain pills" this I have a problem with. I got the surgery thanks to some cutting edge technology through the Texas Back Institute that I seriously doubt would be available through any government run program. I did like that government cheese though.......

Sorry about the stereotype, that was out of line and way too similiar to some of the liberals who post on here. Also, are you hiring?
Even though I don't know much about TORT reform, it seems like a no brainer. I hope this is one of those conservative ideas Obama puts in the final bill.

No worries about the sterotype. We all do it. BTW, the corporation I work for currently has a hiring freeze unless the position needs to be filled.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,335,288 times
I wonder if CNN, ABC, NBC or CBS will be covering the March in DC tomorrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies