Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

If you have any respect for this woman and her family you only want to pass a bill with Kennedy's name if it was for homocides, rapings, kidnappings, etc...never to expire...the people who commited a crime should never set to walk free because of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
RIP Mary Jo

Old 08-29-2009, 10:47 AM

507 posts, read 678,754 times
What about all the people who Kennedy helped after that tragic event? What about the people who benefited from Kennedy's legislative acts? Are all those people worth less than one tragic event? I think the situation was unfortunate, but let's be realistic, it happened 40 years ago, not yesterday, and it is time to stop these nonsensical threads.

You can choose to harp on an event that happened 40 years ago, or you can be decent and have a little respect for a man whose funeral is taking place as I write this. Have a little compassion.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
What about all the people who Kennedy helped after that tragic event? What about the people who benefited from Kennedy's legislative acts? Are all those people worth less than one tragic event? I think the situation was unfortunate, but let's be realistic, it happened 40 years ago, not yesterday, and it is time to stop these nonsensical threads.
The Nazis killed folks 60 years ago. That old guy they recently arrested who was a camp guard should be let go. Agreed?

Kennedy stole liberty from some in order to provide it to others. The ADA shut down small businesses who could not afford to provide handicap access.

No, I'm afraid Kennedy contributed nothing valuable to society. Sowwy.

Quote:
You can choose to harp on an event that happened 40 years ago, or you can be decent and have a little respect for a man whose funeral is taking place as I write this. Have a little compassion.
Compassion was not putting him in prison. Allowing him to serve in the Senate was ridiculous.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:53 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
RIP Mary Jo

RIP Michael Dutton Douglas

Old 08-29-2009, 10:56 AM

507 posts, read 678,754 times
Quote:
The Nazis killed folks 60 years ago. That old guy they recently arrested who was a camp guard should be let go. Agreed?

Kennedy stole liberty from some in order to provide it to others. The ADA shut down small businesses who could not afford to provide handicap access.

No, I'm afraid Kennedy contributed nothing valuable to society. Sowwy.

Compassion was not putting him in prison. Allowing him to serve in the Senate was ridiculous.
Yes. Nazis and Kennedy are completely equal. When I hear arguments like that, I realize there is really no point to this discuss.

You and I differ on Kennedy's contributions to society. Your opinion does not equate to fact.

I've said what I needed to say, I stand by it, and I'm done. It makes no sense for me to debate people who aren't worth the time.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If you have any respect for this woman and her family you only want to pass a bill with Kennedy's name if it was for homocides, rapings, kidnappings, etc...never to expire...the people who commited a crime should never set to walk free because of time.

Then and now, the only people who should be able to make any issue (including a political issue) out of her death (in a accident) is her family.

And they haven't.

You really don't care one one way or another about her, except to show your hatred for anyone who doesn't politically think like you, since she was as liberal as Senator Kennedy, I doubt if she was alive, you'd have a good thing to say about her .

Old 08-29-2009, 11:53 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Then and now, the only people who should be able to make any issue (including a political issue) out of her death (in a accident) is her family.

And they haven't.

You really don't care one one way or another about her, except to show your hatred for anyone who doesn't politically think like you, since she was as liberal as Senator Kennedy, I doubt if she was alive, you'd have a good thing to say about her .
Why do I not mention another Liberal of who I disagree with...this man was in an accident and didn't call the cops till 9 hours later...on top of that most of the family was either addicted to drugs, alcohol or messing around with woman and not showing respect to their own wife's.

Joe Kennedy paid so much to get his son elected and he was elected with just a small majority...just because people were paid for their vote!

Maybe this family will get more luck staying out of politics and enjoying their life's.

Yes I disagreed with him but that is not what this is about.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Yeah! That damn Lincoln outlawing slavery. He stole liberty from me by forcing me to pay workers. I can't afford to pay workers! Damn theif that Lincoln.

And who came up with that silly law against murder? Liberty stealing bastids. Hit-men deserve to be free, too!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Yes. Nazis and Kennedy are completely equal. When I hear arguments like that, I realize there is really no point to this discuss.

You and I differ on Kennedy's contributions to society. Your opinion does not equate to fact.

I've said what I needed to say, I stand by it, and I'm done. It makes no sense for me to debate people who aren't worth the time.
They are completely equal in terms of a crime that was committed. Whether it was the wrongful death of one versus mass murder, there is no statute of limitations. If you're looking for a more apples to apples example, how about Ira Einhorn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies